‹ Prequel: Black Damask
Status: Completed

Synthetic Love

Chapter 19

"I want to dedicate this song to the most beautiful girl I know. We dated in high school but some mistakes were made and you left leaving me heartbroken. No, no it isn't bad. Yeah she left me heartbroken, but I never gave up on trying to find her. I thought I would never find her until this tour. She had a different name and looked a lot different. Anna was the girlfriend to Peace For Mind's bassist but broke up a little bit into the tour because of Brodon's actions. I then found out that she was the girl I loved in high school and I had to make her mine which I did, I just wanted to say I will always love you Anna."

It was two months later and I still couldn’t forget what Devin had said that night. I don’t think I’ll ever forget that. Not that I’m complaining. But I will be complaining if I have to sit out here in the cold much longer. Motionless and I were finally back in Scranton after touring Europe. Devin had told me to meet him at the abandoned park he’d brought me to on our first date. I was amazed that we’d just gotten back into the country yesterday and Devin already had secret errands to run. I let myself drift off into my thoughts again.

So much had happened within the short amount of time since the end of the last tour. We’d all gone to Brodon’s court date, though only Dev and I were called up as witnesses. Needless to say, we were beyond excited when Brodon was sentenced to two years in jail. Apparently he’d given the police some trouble which added time to his sentence. I’d gone with the band to Europe, and now here we were, finally back in Scranton. Surprisingly little had changed since I’d left. The park was still here, as was that little café Devin and I had been to a few times. Of course, my mother had moved on to some new town, leaving without a forwarding address. Not that I really wanted to be in touch anyways.

I broke out of my thoughts at the sound of a car pulling into the lot. I was glad to see it was Devin and not some random creeper. He joined me on the bench, hands buried in his pockets. How could he possibly be cold already?

“Got whatever it was you needed done?” I asked. Devin nodded, not meeting my eye.

“Sorry it took longer than expected,” he mumbled. What the hell was up with him? Why was he being so mysterious? We sat in silence for a little while before he broke the silence. “Hey Anna, can I ask you something?”
♠ ♠ ♠
And so this story comes to an end. Almost. TheRockshowChick will have the last chapter up soon. Don't forget to let us know what you think of the ending. We really do appreciate your feedback. Thank you to all of our readers, commenters, and subscribers not only from this story, but the prequel as well.