Lovely Rita

Chapter 14

Paul drove fast, revelling in the adrenaline of drink driving. I laughed loudly, throwing my head back and winding down the window to feel the choppy breeze on my face and through my hair. It wasn't good enough. Paul was concentrating his hardest on the road, but I could see him flciking his gaze to me every now and then. I think he was glad I was enjoying myself.

I looked up the the car roof, spying a roof window. I wound up the side one and perched on the chair for a second. As I stood up, I felt Paul's eyes on my faux-leather clad legs. I enjoyed being looked at by this man, so I couldn't have cared less. I wound open the window and stood up fully. The wind billowed through my long hair, and I threw my arms up in the air and just let myself feel the wind and cold air hitting me. I closed my eyes and breathed in, smelling the wonderful scent that cold air brought to the world. It was fresh, and I felt free and clear in my mind. Nothing was happening up there. Everything was quiet in me and Paul's world.
Suddenly, our peace was broken by a siren noise and some flashing blue lights. Shit. I dropped back down into the passenger seat as Paul disheartenedly pulled over. I could see the disappointment on his face as he pulled up the handbrake.
"I'm so sorry, Paul. Maybe they'll let you off?" I said, surprising myself with my seductive tone. The sirens stopped. I leaned in and touched his leg, and he sighed, placing his hand on top of it. There was a tap at the window and our silence was broken.
"Yes officer?" Paul said, and I could tell he was doing that melting thing with his eyes. The cheeky sod.
"You realise how fast you were going, Mr. McCartney?" The police officer said, knowing full well he was talking to a Beatle.
"Yes, sir, and I promise it won't happen again. We literally needed to get back. We've got a recording session tomorrow and I needed to make sure I was well rested. Y'know." Paul said, using that old chestnut.
"Mhm. Well, just make sure it doesn't happen again. I'll have to take you in otherwise. Keep making good music, son." The officer said, and handed Paul a caution ticket, before leaving. Paul wound up the window manually, of course, and sighed, before looking at me. I was in a daze and didn't really come to until I realised he was looking at me.
"You're funny when you're drunk, you know that?" Paul said, turning his head inquisitively to the side, as if curious as to what was happening in my head.
"I did not know that, Mr. McCartney," I said, mocking the policeman's tone. "I got you in trouble!" I said in a childish

"I know! Stop doing things like this. You're a bad influence on me, woman." He joked.
"Let's go back to yours. I'm feeling kind of tired." I said. It was a lie. I just didn't want to be in a car anymore. I was feeling flighty tonight. Paul nodded slightly and started the ignition.
*****
I threw myself down on the sofa once we arrived back at Paul's apartment.
"Are you sure it's still okay for me to stay here? I feel like an unwanted guest. Like a fly." Paul laughed at my drunken musings.
"For God's sake, Rita. You know we all would love you to stay, so why on Earth would I kick you out alone and drunk?" Paul sighed, exasperated. I think he was knackered from the evening's events to be honest. He threw his keys accross onto the kitchen counter and dropped himself onto the sofa next to me. He looked over at me and I shrugged at him.
"I don't know. It just seems incredible that you guys have taken me in, and I was just some urchin that fell into your car one night that said she came from the future. If I was you, I would've driven off as fast as I could thinking that girl was a freak." I said, fiddling with the cushions adorning the sofa. My knees were up, and they pointed cosily toward Paul. I could feel myself moving closer to him subconsciously.
He sighed. "Yes. I understand why you would do that Rita, but you're not me. I saw something in you. It wasn't because you were pretty. Not that you aren't! I mean, well, you are of course, but it doesn't matter," He began, in an awkward stumbling way. I didn't know if it was because he was drunk or what, but I was loving every minute of it in my head. I showed no signs on my face though. "It was because I saw something in you. You were different to all of the 'fangirls' as you put it, and I knew you would make great company." He said, turning in towards me and moving closer still. I leaned my head in closer to him.
"Yes, but I'm probably not quite right up here. I had fallen just before, y'know?" I said, blowing out a breath that smelt of lager in an attempt to laugh. I just sounded drunk and weird in all honesty if I really thought about it. Thinking wasn't something high on my priorities right now. Paul leaned his face in closer to mine and we were almost nose to nose.
"Well, I think you're hanging out with the right people then." He smiled, as he closed the gap and kissed me.
I threw myself whole heartedly into it. I kissed him the way I always had, the way I knew drove guys crazy. He complied, and I could tell he too was loving every minute. We both wanted this. His hands moved; one held my cheek tight and the other was searching my back. This wasn't a cosy, sitting by the fire kiss. This was an 'I want you in every way, shape and form' kiss. I wasn't sure what the hell I was doing, but I sure wasn't turning back.
I moved myself, not breaking the kiss, so that I was straddling Paul. I kissed down his neck, hardly stopping for breath, and unbuttoned his shirt on my way down. I planted pecks on his chest, as he kept his arms around my neck. I wanted to please him more than anything. While I was on my knees I felt like I was worshipping some sort of God. I was in a way. His beautiful groans indicated that I was succeeding.
I looked up at him as I reached the end of his shirt and winked. He threw his head back, looking flustered. I stood up and began to walk away, enjoying being a tease to a man with such power and influence. "I don't know whether we should go all the way, Pauly. We are drunk after all. We might regret it, or it might be awkward." I said, smiling. I was going to rinse this man dry before he got a piece of me.
"You can't get me going and then leave me!" He said, almost pleading with me. I still wasn't looking at him. I stood in the entrance to the hallway that led to the bedrooms and stood for a while.
"Sorry Paul. You nearly made it." I said.
He looked at me with pleading eyes.
"Maybe you can nearly make it in here too?" I said, turning my head to him, running my fingers up and down the door frame as I watched what I said sink in. He leapt from the sofa and whisked me into his own bedroom this time. I giggled as we tried to open the door, not even comprehending anything.
We got into the room and I quickly started to kiss him again, wrapping my legs round him as he held me up and carried me to his vast bed. He straddled me, kissing me for a while before trailing kisses down my neck, and removing my clothes as he got to them. I smiled as he pulled up my top and noticed my underwear. I hadn't known this was going to happen, I had just decided to wear nice undies today.

He trailed kisses down my chest and onto my flat stomach. I felt butterflies everywhere. He reached the line of my trousers and stopped, as if asking for admission into my pants from me. I smiled at him teasingly, before I cracked.
"Just get me naked, McCartney!" I growled, feeling extremely frustrated. He smiled and pulled my trousers off, getting to work on my underwear. He unbuttoned himself as I lay in wait for what I hoped would be an amazing experience from a man who apparently slept with around 200 women before he was 30. I wasn't disappointed.
After a good physical workout, we lay in eachothers arms. I had only had drunken sex once before, and I hadn't enjoyed it. With Paul, however, everything just seemed so much more magical, and the beauty of every situation was enhanced somewhat.
Sweat glistened in a layer over Paul's pale skin I noticed, as my head lay under his chin, resting on his hard chest. I stroked his side, before rolling over to the other side of the bed to look at the man I had just had sex with in a totally unusual way (for me).
"Wow." I said to him.
"Now, I know you're an actress, but you don't have to practice what you preach in bed, Lovely Rita." He chuckled.
"I'm being serious. That was incredible... You're incredible." I mumbled, looking through him almost, remembering I had a sort-of boyfriend back home. I felt a pang of guilt in my heart, before realising Pete would never find out (which was the most shallow thing I had ever thought to myself... but I did have a hall-pass list for any future partners, so he had to allow it).
Paul pulled up my chin so that I was looking directly into his eyes. "And you weren't too bad yourself." He smiled, pulling me in close to him so that our bodies were once again close and intwined. I wanted to lay like this forever.