Lovely Rita

Chapter 23

Mickey's face was contorted into this permanent concerned expression the whole way to (what I'd taken to calling) my corner. It wasn't the least awkward situation I've ever been in, to tell the truth. I was constantly fumbling my stupid, clammy hands the whole way, like I was trying to wring them dry or something.
Mickey walked beside me, holding my bag over his shoulder, which was misshapen from the record it contained. He said not one word. We just silently walked together. It was like we were talking telepathically, because I could tell what he was thinking just as much as he could probably tell what I was thinking, though nothing was being said.

I stopped dead when we got there and turned to Mickey.

"So, this is where you need to beat me down." I said, tapping Mickey on the shoulder with my fist and laughing nervously. Mickey just mustered a half smile. I don't know why I felt so nervous; I was going back to see my Paul, my new friends and generally be back in an era I preferred... But I was nervous. So very nervous.

"Do I just need to... whack you over the head then?" Mickey saidm clearly not happy at all about havign to do this. I cringed remembering the pain from last time, but tried to hide it. I touched the huge bump on the back of my head, submerged in my thick hair that was now tied up in a messy bundle. Mickey passed me my bag and looked around shiftily. I put a hand on his shoulder.

"Just do it. A sweeping blow to the back of the head and it's done. It won't hurt, I promise." I said smiling, knowing I was lying like a slippery politician. It came with being learned in the field of acting.

Thinking of acting reminded me of my cringy, pathetic display over Paul at that audition. I shuddered and stepped back from Mickey, rubbing my arms nervously. I hated being hurt if I'm honest.

"I'll miss you..." Mickey said. I started to silently cry, letting the tears fall without my face crumpling. Mickey walked behind me but I didn't turn around. I opened my mouth to tell him I'd miss him too, but instead ended up spitting a puddle of blood out and falling backwards. I blacked out.

That familiar, trippy vortex feeling encompassed me, and I was suddenly leaving and going home to my Paul.

God knows where I'd end up in time though.
♠ ♠ ♠
I just wanted to note, incase I forgot earlier, when I mentioned the EMI studios I knew they were in London, obviously having visited, but I was being creative. Just incase ;)

Rate, comment, sub :)