Lovely Rita

Chapter 28

I smiled as I strutted down the street, a natural sway in my hips due to my new make-over. I looked across the road and noticed I was getting a few appreciative looks from men. I smiled back at them, revelling in my sudden confidence and enjoying being seen as attractive. I turned the corner to Paul's road and slowed down, worried of what he might think. Suddenly I felt bad for liking being looked at by other men. I had no idea why...

I unlocked the door with the key I'd been entrusted with by my new 'roommates'.

"I'm back!" I called, loud but not so loud as to be disrespectful to Heather's calm down-forwardslash- bed time. I walked through to the living room and saw Linda and Paul sat on the sofa together watching some old show on TV. "I'm back!" I said, with more of an inside voice now. I set my bag down on an arm chair.

Linda looked up and smiled, her eyes taking in the differences women notice and comment on typically. Paul turned around and jumped, as he stood up suddenly to greet me. I giggled internally.

"Hey! You look... Great! Sara did a great job. You happy?" He said, looking me up and down hungrily with his back turned to Linda. I smiled and nodded my head, casting my eyes down in embarrassment from his enjoyment in looking at me.

"Glad you like it. I'd like a woman's perspective. Linda, it okay?" I said hopefully. She smiled apprehensively.

"You look beautiful, Julie!" She said, smiling as she laid out on the sofa. I could tell she knew Paul was a little distracted though. To be honest, I was quite distracted too.

"Thankyou!" I smiled, shrugging my shoulders cutely and winking at Paul while Linda couldn't see. Walking to my bedroom, I could feel Paul's eyes on me everywhere. My hair, my hips (which I was purposely swaying like Marilyn Monroe. I know, Julie the sex kitten...), my bum and legs... I knew it was bad, but it felt amazing for him to see me like that again. I got my bedroom quietly, closing the door behind me and sighing. I sat down on my bed, revelling in what had just happened before calming myself down enough to go back out there.

"Whatcha watching?" I said, plopping myself down onto the sofa, along from the couple I'd poured over my whole teenage life in the 2000s. They were cuddling on the sofa and I couldn't help but half 'aww' inside and half feel lustful over Paul.

"Coronation Street. One of the only one of these we watch." Linda said, commenting generally on Soap Operas I assumed. I was sure she couldn't be referring to Hollyoaks in that category...

"Oh! Yeah, I have seen this before!" I said, smiling in shock as I took in young Gail Platt. Whoa...

I felt Linda look up at me from Paul's chest, as I watched what was unfolding on the television intently.

"Julie?" Linda said, almost mute.

"Yes, Linda?" I said, smiling sweetly back at her.

"I was just wondering how long you're planning on staying for?" She asked; I could tell she was a bit hesitant. Paul looked subtly across at me, hoping Linda wouldn't feel his head move I assume. He made a face over the top of her head which told me he was shocked. I realised quickly that my mouth was hanging open slightly.

"Um, I..." I trailed off, not knowing exactly what to say. I fiddled with my hair nervously.

"Hey, Lind. Julie's trying to make it in the acting biz. You know as well as I do how hard it is to make a name for yourself on any scene. She can stay until she finds a job at least, can't she?" Paul said, stroking Linda's hair out of her face. Oh how I wished that was me snuggling into his chest.

"I guess so. I can go ask around tomorrow through my clients, if you'd like?" She said, trying to say 'I don't want you here anymore' in the nicest way possible. It was a kind way to say it, even if the underlying message wasn't too great. I smiled politely and flicked my gaze to Paul subtly, before speaking.

"Oh, yeah. That'd be really great. You're a sweet gal, Linda. Paul's a lucky fella!" I said, winking at her, making Paul smile to himself.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'M NOT MAKING LINDA OUT TO BE A BITCH, I LOVE HER!

I just want to display how it's obvious there's a connection ;)

Comment/Rate/Sub