Lovely Rita

Chapter 32

I sat in my towel while I did my hair and make-up. It was surprisingly comfortable to just sit on my little stool in front of my mirror like that. I got to work on my make-up first, covering my face in a cheap foundation I had bought from Sara, and highlighting my high cheekbones. I liked that part of my face. I proceeded to coat my eyelids in a beautiful cream coloured eyeshadow, and blend it into a beautiful smoky eye before lining it with a cat-eye flick. I hadn't done my make-up this intensely for a while. It felt good to treat myself. After coating my already lengthy lashes with a coat of mascara, I finished up with a dab of nude pink lipstick to round the look off.
'Not half bad' I thought to myself as I checked my reflection over in the mirror for debris of eyeshadow.

I began taking the twist out of the towel holding up my hair, when I heard the door begin to open behind me.

"Shit! Go away!" I yelled, trying to cover as much of my exposed self as possible. Even though there wasn't anything showing particularly.

"It's okay, I've seen it all before!" Paul said, though he came in covering his eyes. Out of common courtesy, I think...

"Fine. Let me just adjust myself and I'll be with you." I said, making sure all of my towel was securely in place and I wasn't in danger of popping out. I leaned towards Paul. "Okay, I'm done." I said to the man sat on my bed swinging his legs. He uncovered his eyes and smiled warmly at me.

"I was just coming to see how you were. I didn't want you to think you had to stay out of my way all the time we're alone..." Paul said, getting up and wandering over to the chair I was sat in and taking the seat next to me. He began playing with my ring again, which was something I'd noticed he had taken to recently.

"Aww, that's sweet. I know I don't honey. I just needed to shower all of the grime away." I smiled, bearing my teeth underneath my newly coloured lips.

"You know who you remind me of in that towel, with your eyes all done up and hair all in tangles?" Paul asked.

"No. Enlighten me?" I replied, curious.

"Brigitte Bardot." He said, smiling before embarrassedly looking down at the hand he was fiddling with.
'That was what I was going for, Paul sweetheart' I thought to myself.

"Really? That's so lovely of you to say. I love her work. Did you know she goes on to be an animal rights activist in the future too?" I said, letting out a random future-factoid. His face lit up at that.

"She's just the perfect woman. Mistress material I'd say. She has looks, compassion and sex appeal." Paul said, avoiding my gaze still. I smiled to myself. "Can I brush your hair?" Paul asked, looking up at me with his beautiful orb eyes.

"Um... sure! If you want to?" I said, kind of shocked that he would want to. He nodded vigorously in response. He obviously loved long, thick, blonde hair. I had no objection to having this man tousle his hands through my hair. I'd longed for his touch for so long and if this was how I was going to get it then I wasn't going to waste my opportunity.

I sat back into my stool as Paul moved behind me. I watched in the mirror as his torso, clad in a half unbuttoned, loose shirt, came into view. I tried not to make it too obvious I was taking in the glorious view I could see in the reflection. I doubt it was working though.
His hands stroked through my hair as if he were running his hands through a flower field. I closed my eyes as he went to work, combing his hands through it and untangling it gently as he went. The brush gently swept through my unknotted hair with ease, as he took sections and brushed them through without a hitch. I felt a sense of opulence wash over me as I luxuriated and subdued to his touch. I guess bass takes a lot of fingerwork...
I smiled to myself for that last thought.

"What?" Paul said softly, almost whispering though slightly more audible.

"Nothing. I just assume playing bass has given you a lot of expertise with your hands." I said, trying to put it in a less vulgar sounding way than before. I had a sixth sense feeling wash over me at that moment, and suddenly I heard Paul talking close to my ear.

"Maybe you haven't seen the best of my expertise yet..." He trailed off. I could tell he had that coy smile playing about his lips, so I just smiled coyly into the mirror with my eyes still closed. Oh joy. He was making me crazy. I decided to turn this situation around and get back on track with my original plan - to make HIM crazy.

I stood up with my towel wrapped tightly around me (so much so I knew there was no danger of it falling) and kept my eyes closed.

"Pauly?" I asked with rising intonation, as a child would indicate they were asking a question.

"Yes, Julie?" He replied in that same soft voice.

"Could you help me find my clothes? I can't remember where I put them and I don't feel like opening my eyes..." I smiled to myself as I was facign away from Paul, keeping my eyes shut tight. Screw him for trying to tease me! I could tease twice as hard.

"Um... okay, err..." He said, umming and ahhing until he finally decided to stand near me and give me spoken directions.

"I think, for safety's sake, you might need to manually lead me there..." I said, smiling to myself even harder and trying to suppress the giggles I felt bubbling. He must feel so awkward right now.

He slipped his hands around my waist and held me at my hips, but the way he rubbed past them was done purposely - I could tell. Like I said. Two can play at this game, Mr. McCartney.

"Move into me a bit closer, I feel a bit out in the open." I demanded. He pressed himself fully against my back, or so I felt. His hands still stayed on my waist. I could feel his warm breath on my bare shoulders. Bingo.
"Okay, lead me now." I said in a whispy, starlet voice. He started to move me towards my bed, and to the clothes I already knew were there. I decided to find something to trip over as we walked, and spun myself as I started to fall.

Paul caught me in the 'damsel in distress' type pose, and I opened my eyes and giggled, giving a cheeky glint to both features.
"Haha! Beat you!" I said, sticking my tongue out. He looked into my eyes with a look that said 'stop it. I'm a man, you're a woman, we react differently.' Pfft, clearly. He smiled that coy half smile, before pretending to drop me. I squealed a little bit; I was close to the floor but it would still hurt if he had dropped me. He began to chuckle now, and I furrowed my eyebrows in annoyance. It seemed we were both as bad as eachother.

And that's why we worked.
♠ ♠ ♠
FILLERY AND EUCK BUT I DON'T WANT TO GET TO THE GRITTY TOO QUICKLY!!

comment/rate/sub :)