Lovely Rita

Chapter 35

Those eyes I was seeing were most definitely Paul's, but they looked so much more brilliant - a feat I had thought impossible. It looked like they were spinning in a multitude of shades, all even more illuminated and coloured than I thought possible. I touched his face to check if what I was seeing was real.
I quickly noticed I was staring, and looked down. Paul tilted my face back up and was taking in my face analytically, his eyes scouring every inch as if his mind was taking notes for an exam. He stroked the sides of my face, and I did too, feeling my skin in a whole new light. It was soft, as though I could feel every miniscule hair that was on my face - those hairs you don't physically see.

Paul's hair was a beautiful colour. I had never really fully appreciated it, but with this magical aid everything was so enhanced. It was a beautiful mixture of black, brown and red hues that would typically be undetectable, and I scoured his whole head of hair with my eyes and took it in.

"Paul, you look like an angel has come down and turned a light on inside you..." I said, looking up at him with wide eyes. That was a weird analogy, but it was what described my view. He looked down into my eyes, analysing them as I expected I was analysing him.

"So do you... Your eyes are such a brilliant blue, it's incredible." He replied. I looked over to Ringo.

The music Ringo was playing also sounded so much clearer; I wondered why, if our bodies held the capacity to hear and see things so sharply, we didn't do it naturally. It wasn't something I was particularly bothered about mulling over for too long right now; I didn't want to stop taking everything in. I walked over to the record player and watched the black disc spin around, taking in every line as it turned.
The sound was so crisp, like I'd never heard a piece of music before. I must have been deaf to music before, because this was incredible. I caressed the record player with gentle hands, as if it was a living, breathing person speaking to me. The sounds in the instrumental piece we were listening to were mainly string, but you could hear that it was recorded even... it was incredible. I could hear each separate stringed instrument in the band; guitar, bass, rhythm guitar...

I turned away from the record player, eager to experience everything I could.

I watched John and Yoko, as Yoko was laying down on the floor and John crawled over her, touching every inch of her body as he moved his way up to kiss her passionately. I longed to see what that felt like; to be able to experience what a kiss really felt like. I came to that conclusion because if I hadn't heard music this clearly before, and if I hadn't seen people and colours this clearly before, then what about feelings and sensations?

I closed my eyes momentarily, and as I did I saw a diamond pattern criss-crossing over my inner eyelid. It was flashing with the colours I had seen in Paul's eyes; all the different darker and lighter tones of brown and deep red. I opened my eyes to see the people I loved again. I had no idea where Ringo was.

I watched John and Yoko again, and they were getting into their kiss. I switched my gaze to Paul, who was, to my surprise, looking at me intently and curiously. Looking back to John and Yoko, I made my mind up. I stomped over to Paul, feeling the ground's reverb almost as I stepped, and crashed down into his lap, forcing my face onto his.

Oh my God.

As he kissed me back I felt every single wave and firework that would normally happen multiply themselves by a million. He clutched onto my body, pulling me closer to him to deepen the kiss. I had no objection. I tangled my hands into his hair and felt every single different texture of his tongue on mine, the real feeling of his mouth on mine, our lips moving together... I felt a real empathetic connection to Paul in that moment, and I think he felt the same. He pulled away and took my hand as he stood up. I stroked his palm and felt the lines of his hand and widened my eyes in astonishment... It was incredible to feel.

I totally understood what was about to happen, and my non-intoxicated self would have thought twice, but in my state it was as incomprehensible as it was clear.
I followed like a little puppy lost.
♠ ♠ ♠
Oooooh ;)

I've not taken Lucy myself, so I'm not completely at one with the effects, but I assume from what I've heard it's mainly the typical with psychedelics - heightened physical awareness, clearer senses, colours more enhanced, and that music and art can almost be reinvented when heard or seen while on acid.

Hope I did okay. I want to spend a lot of time planning the next chapter, because I want to get into the spiritual and emotional side of the drug and it's effect on Paul and Julie/Reets. I read some article and it made me think about the way I wanted to write the next chapter, so I hope you'll be patient. Might not be for a few days due to about 500 odd essays to hand in, but soon enough :)

Peace and love!