Lovely Rita

Chapter 48

After being given medication from the doctor to suppress the morning sickness I was having a lot of trouble with previously, I had gotten my appetite back and was looking a lot healthier. I was being careful with drinking caffeine, I hadn't touched alcohol since...well, you know, and I was eating all of the fruit and vegetables I needed.
I'd been to work and given good performances as far as I knew, and noone had even noticed. I wasn't particularly putting on weight though, but the doctor said as far as he could tell the tiny, miniscule life inside me was perfectly fine.

The only thing that wasn't so fine was my brain.

Ever since I had found out I was pregnant, I had been thinking of one thing after another and none of which were the obvious.

'What about when I get fat and noone knows who the Father is?'

'I won't be able to act if I get big...'

Had been the main two. Today I had a new one, one that made me a lot more nervous.

'What will I say to Paul? When will I tell him? Should I tell him?' There were more, but you get the gist.
I was contemplating these all the way to work, and decided I needed to tell someone, and my co-star, Michael Sarrazin, would be the one. I just didn't need the director finding out. Due to my role being a near nymphomaniacal persuit of Michael's character Gregory, I was pretty close to him and we always ate lunch together on set. Yes, I decided finally as I stepped through the door.

"Michael? Has anyone seen Michael? SARRAZIN GET HERE!" I said, my British accent chiming against all of the American's. Of course I put an accent on while filming, but when off set I was au naturale.

"He's here, he's here!" Michael piped up loudly. We were all about the amateur dramatics here. I hugged him tight.
"What's all this?" He said. I pulled away and went all 'gossip' like.

"I have something major to tell you!" I said, even though it was days after I had found out.
I dragged Michael into the prop cupboard in the studio we were using and closed the door quietly.
"If this is some sort of organised rape..." He said suspiciously. I snorted with laughter at him.

"No! Look, the other day I went to the doctor and I found out something." I said, not wanting to cut to the chase too soon and thinking of how to tell him who the father was.

"And that something was? You're not dying are you?!" He whispered loudly. I almost reached out and slapped him dead upside of the face.

"Would I be this healthy looking if I knew I was dying?! Idiot. No, I found out I've got a baby inside of me!" I almost squealed, excited at the prospect but in the back of my mind still panicking.

"That's wonderful babe! But, you ain't with anyone are you?" Michael said, narrowing his eyes. I looked down at my baron hands, remembering the fact I was unmarried and without a sniff of a boyfriend anymore.

"Well, no, but you see when I was in England I had relations with a very... well known person." I said, looking down thinking he wouldn't believe me if I did end up telling him. But then I thought, 'I'm on a fucking Hollywood movie set!' and looked him dead in the eye.

"It was Paul McCartney. I'm having his first legitimitely known child. And only we know." I said, holding Michael's hands as his jaw dropped down in shock.

"You're kidding?" I looked him dead in the eye to make sure he knew I wasn't joking.
"You're not fucking kidding. Jesus! So he doesn't know?" I shook my head.
"Well, tell him! He needs to know!" Michael said, shaking my hands.

"No, no, no. I can't. We weren't even meant to be sleeping together when I met up with him again a few months ago. We slept together twice after we took... a certain drug together in August, and then come November I felt guilty because he was still with his long term girlfriend, and then we had sex again and I left for here, and now I'm pregnant." I said, realising how messed up this was going to get.

Michael made a contemplative noise.

"You could just find a guy quickly now, and pretend it's his kid and everything happened prematurely?" Michael enquired. I thought about it for a minute.

"Could work. I'd need to find someone pronto though, else I can kiss my reputation goodbye. I can say we were long term behind the scenes or something." I said, moreso to myself.
I heard muffled yells from outside the store room and we decided it was best we left and got some work done instead of gossiping. I had some plans to mull over today indeed.
♠ ♠ ♠
Sorry all of these chapters seem so fillery! I'm annoyed at myself :L