Lovely Rita

Chapter 49

December's issue of Playboy went down great, more magazine articles followed in the months since, and I was getting recognised all around now which was great considering I'd only been filming a new movie. I'd attended events and met a lot of big names, and the trailer for the movie was even out now.

March swung around, and from check ups with the doctor I knew my little creation was doing fine, though I wasn't putting on noticeable weight. Michael had noticed I wasn't getting bigger either and commented but I knew everything was fine. I felt little butterflies every now and again, and at 4 months in I was doing great according to my doctor and the midwives at the hospital.

Filming finished today, March 10th, and I was kind of bummed I couldn't join the rest of the cast and crew on a wrap party tonight. I was too worried about ruining this last part of Paul I was harbouring, the part I knew I could hang on to forever, sad as that sounds. I was feeling more tired in the evenings too, and I knew I wouldn't be able to stay awake, nor did I want to in all honesty.

I yawned as I got to the door of my apartment, my sunglasses moving on my face as my mouth opened disgustingly wide. I had some post waiting for me, as I had left early this morning to wrap, and I picked out the few letters I had to read when I got inside.

"Probably more bills to pay." I sighed, plonking myself down at the table in my kitchen. I still lived quite humbly in this cosy little apartment. Once I was fully paid for this movie I'd be able to buy me and mini-Paul a new house. I smiled at the thought as I flicked through the post, stopping at a delicate looking letter.

The lettering was intricate and detailed my name and address, neatly laid out with a British stamp and airmail sticker in the top corner. It was in a birthday card style envelope and I tried working out what it would be before opening it, revelling in the 'excitement' of a guessing game. The most excitement I was getting at the moment was buying little baby things every now and again.

I slid my finger under the sealed part of the envelope, and pulled out the folded paper, which was so delicate you could see the light through it. I coughed before I started reading in my head.

"Dear Julie,
By special request of the bride and groom, you have been invited to witness the joining in civil marriage of Mr. Paul McCartney and Miss. Linda Eastman. The ceremony will take place on the 12th March, 1969 at the Marylebone Registry Office, London, and begin at 11am.
Looking forward to seeing you there."

Well, this was fantastic. Paul had no idea I was carrying his baby, Linda had no idea we'd even had relations before... This was going to go smoothly, I could tell.
Or maybe I was just overthinking, as I had taken to doing recently. I didn't want to get myself down about it, so I would make myself into the starlet I knew I was right now, and march on into that room and knock 'em dead.

That was what us 'legends of the silver screen' (Honey Pie lyrics - Paul's words, not mine) were meant to do, wasn't it? I smiled to myself as I thought of seeing everyone again and rubbed my tummy subconsciously as I did so.