Status: Book 0: Prologue

Keante's Heart

Prologue (page 6)

The figure stared at Keante for seemed for an eternity. He never blinked, never. Keante shivered; the boy’s unwavering gaze so beautiful, and unnerving at the same time. Then after what seemed like forever, the boy turned his gaze off of Keante and directed it to the ocean. As he did so, Keante watched with ecstasy as his necked turned slowly and gracefully; elegant and swan-like. And as if on command, the boy’s heel swiveled and turning his whole frame like a doe, he walked down the to the foreshore and sat down hugging his knees; his feet in the having found a firm threshold in the mushy sand.

For a while, Keante stood there like an idiot, staring at him. The boy didn’t move. Keante felt as sense of longing as he watched him sit. And then after what seemed like an eternity, Keante couldn’t stand it anymore. Turning to face the boy, Keante walked up to his back and after standing for another 10 minutes, sat down next to him.

The boy didn't even notice. Or he probably did, and chose not to acknowledge him.

For awhile, the two said nothing; they just watched the waves beat against the shore.

Keante blinked, light blinding him in his left eye. He turned around, it was then that he noticed a shining object about the boy’s neck.
♠ ♠ ♠
It's still a working progress, but it's coming up good so far.