Sequel: Still Hanging On
Status: Ongoig

Hold Fast

Letting The Parents In

After that day at the bridge, Kellin and I spent almost every day together at his house. We had gotten close, that the thought of us not being together was painful. It had been about two weeks and my parents were beginning to question me about where I kept disappearing to. Which I felt was unfair, because they never asked Mike where he was, and I was the older one. But I guess it was because Mike was usually gone and I had just recently begun spending more time away from home than they were use to.
Kellin and I had talked it out and we discussed the idea with the guys, of letting our parents in on our secrets. We all had spent an hour trying to decide what we wanted to do. I was perfectly fine with telling my parents and Mike was too. We had nothing to be ashamed about so this was going to be Tony and Kellin’s decision.
Both of them sat on the ground at the local park, nervously talking to each other. Mike, Jaime and I sat a little ways away from them, letting them have some time to themselves.
“Do you think they’re going to agree with you guys?” Jaime asked after several minutes of watching them.
“I think Tony’s more open to the idea than Kellin is.” Mike gazed at the two boys with uncertainty.
“Yeah, Kellin’s terrified of disappointing his mom.” I added. “His dad’s thinking had really screwed with him.” Jaime and Mike both glanced nervously at Kellin.
“What do you think, Vic?” Jaime focused his attention on me.
“From what I know of her, Kellin seems to be the only substantially happy thing in her life. I think she’ll be shocked at first, but I can tell how much she loves him.” As if he knew we were talking about him, Kellin turned to us with a smile on his face. He and Tony stood and walked over to us.
“So what’s the verdict?” Mike asked as he pulled Tony down onto his lap. Kellin and Tony exchanged looks before Kellin nodded.
“We’re ready.” Tony stated simply. I looked over at Kellin.
“I’m ready Vic, I promise.” He grabbed my hand in his and gave me a reassuring look.
“Alright, we’ll do it tonight.” Everyone agreed and we left the park. Jaime decided that he would be there with us when each of us told our respective parents. We all decided that Mike and I should be first since we were killing two birds with one stone.
Mike and I walked up to the front of our house. Before we opened the door, he reached over and took my hand in his. I looked up at him, glad that we were going through this together. The guys followed us into the house to find my parents sitting together in the living room. When we all walked into the room, they looked up at us before my dad turned the TV off.
“You okay boys?” My mom asked, a concerned look crossing her face.
“Yeah… we have something that we want to talk to you about…” Mike began, looking to me for support.
“It’s pretty important.” They both looked between us then at each other.
“Alright what’s on your mind.” My dad straightened up and the five of us sat around our living room.
“Before Vic and I start, please listen to what we say before you make a decision.” they both nodded.
“Of course hun.” My mom gave us a warm smile. I took a deep breath.
“Alright, so the reason why I have been gone a lot lately… is because of Kellin.” I turned to look at him and he gave me a nod, telling me to continue. “He’s… he’s my boyfriend…” I waited. Waited for my parents to cry or yell or to look at me like I was going crazy or something. But no. They sat there, smiles on their faces.
“Before you guys say anything.” Mike interjected. “Tony and I are also dating. We have been for a while.” Tony reached over and took Mike’s hand in his. My parents looked between the two of us and I thought I saw a look of pride in my father’s eyes.
“Boys, you don’t have to worry.” He began. “There isn’t any reason why we would be unhappy with your decisions. I know that your happiness is what really matters in the end.” I felt tears prickle at my eyes.
“Besides, we had the feeling that you boys were together anyway.” My mom added.
“Really?” I was slightly surprised.
“Victor, I’m your mother. Did you really think that you would get away without me knowing?”
“She has a point.” Mike laughed. I was beyond overjoyed. Never in a million years did I think that telling my parents that I was dating a boy would be as easy and as painless as this. We spent a little time talking with our parents about our relationships. Mike and Tony told them about how they began dating and Kellin and I explained what happened two years ago. Needless to say that my parents were very surprised by our story and my mom even cried a little. After about an hour we all stood.
“Where are you off to now?” My mom followed us to the door.
“Tony and I are going to go tell his mom, Jaime’s coming with us and Vic and Kellin are going to go tell his mom.”
“Alright, good luck boys.” We waved goodbye and headed out of the house. Kellin and I waved to my brother and the guys as they headed in the opposite direction. He reached for my hand as we took the short walk from my house to his. I could tell from the slight shakiness of his hand that he was getting really nervous. I knew that Kellin’s life had not been as easy as mine and everything that he did was like stepping on eggshells. I gripped his hand tighter in mine and leaned over towards him.
“Calm down, Kellin. It’s going to be okay.” He nodded his head nervously.
“I just… I don’t want her to be disappointed in me…” The way his voice sounded was breaking my heart. I could never understand how someone so amazing could have lived such a hard life. It seemed like such cruelty to be put through something so horrible at such a young age. He tensed a little as we approached his door.
“She won’t be disappointed Kellin. You’re mother loves you.” He took a calming breath and then opened the door.
“Mom!” he called out.
“In the kitchen sweetie.” She responded. We went to the kitchen. She was standing over the sink cleaning off some dishes. “How was your day? Oh hello Vic.” I smiled at her.
“It was okay… um mom can we talk?” Kellin fidgeted with his fingers.
“Sure hun, what’s wrong?” she wiped off her hands and walked towards her son. “You’re shaking.”
“It’s… I’m fine. Just… take a seat.” She gave us both a weird look before taking a seat at the kitchen table.
“Alright. Tell me what’s on your mind Kel.” He gave me a scared look and I put my hand on his shoulder, trying to reassure him.
“Mom, please don’t be upset and… just bare with me okay?”
“Of course.”
“Kay… so uh… I’m kinda… dating Vic.” He looked at the ground and I was staring at the sink. I wasn’t expecting him to just out it and I would be lying if I said I wasn’t awkward.
“So you’re gay?” His mom asked simply.
“Uh… I guess.” I could see the beginning of tears forming in the corners of his eyes.
“That’s fantastic.” (HUH??) We both looked at her, shocked and confused expressions plastered to our faces. She was smiling at the both of us.
“Wait… what?” Kellin asked.
“Kellin, I’m your mother. Did you honestly think that I didn’t notice the way that you two look at each other. That and the insane amount of time that you two spend together.”
“So you’re not mad?”
“Mad? Sweetie all I want is your happiness, and if Vic here brings that to you then I’m not going to complain.” She looked over to me and I could feel the blush rise to my face. “But Vic.” Her voice got stern and I gulped. “You better take care of my baby, got it.”
“I will.” She eyed me before smiling.
“Good.” She stood and wrapped us both in a hug. “Now go on and hang out, but no shenanigans.”
“Of course mom.” Kellin laughed, grabbing my hand, and rushed us upstairs. Once we were behind closed doors, he threw his arms around me and crashed his lips to mine. It was only meant to be a quick kiss, but I moved my mouth against his and he licked my bottom lip. I parted my lips for him, allowing his tongue to slide in and meet mine. I groaned softly at the sensations that his kiss gave me. Soon the need to breath became too great and we had to part.
“See, I told you not to worry.” He lightly pushed my arm before pulling me back into a kiss. It was safe to say that this was one of the happiest moments of my life.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright so this chapter was a lot of dialogue and I usually don't like doing that but I think it was more needed in this part. I promise that Kellin will be going into Vic's room in the next chapter. grr...I suck at staying with my plans lol.

Anyway tell me what you guys think and I'm beginning to take prompts for one shots if you guys want to submit anything. I'm running out of ideas XD