Sequel: Still Hanging On
Status: Ongoig

Hold Fast

Just A Matter Of Time

Waking up the next morning in Kellin’s arms was the greatest feeling in the world. I didn’t even realize that I slept through the night. It was only about 8 when we had finished. Kellin must have been tired too because it didn’t look like he had moved at all. I reached over and moved a piece of hair from his face, rubbing my hand against his cheek lightly. He stirred in his sleep and his eyes fluttered open.
“Morning beautiful.” I whispered.
“Good morning to you too.” He leaned over and kissed me lightly before rolling over and stretching. “What time is it?” I moved over and picked up my phone from the nightstand.
“Six.” He groaned and I laughed softly.
“That’s so early.” He rolled back over and wrapped his arms around me, pulling me closer to him.
“Well that’s what happens after a night of mind blowing sex at eight in the evening.” I chuckled.
“Mind blowing?” He raised his eyebrow.
“Yes… mind blowing.” I blushed. He just smirked before rolling over and getting out of bed. He searched his room for a clean pair of boxer briefs and then for a pair for me. He tossed them at me and told me to get dressed. I groaned and did as I was told.

I was right about not wanting to move. Not only did I laze about on Saturday, I did very little moving on Sunday. Mike had noticed how slowly I would walk around and kept asking me if I was okay. I told him to drop it but of course, being Mike, he kept bringing it up. I got to the point where I finally just sighed and dragged him into my room.
The look I got from him when I told him Kellin topped was priceless. I’m pretty sure that if he could, he would have passed out. He ran from my room yelling something that sounded like TMI and shut his door behind him. I just shrugged my shoulders and started on the little bit of homework I had left. Because in all honesty, my brother had no room to talk considering I’ve walked in on him and Tony before… it was traumatizing. Anyway.
I couldn’t believe that graduation was just a couple of weeks away. It felt like yesterday that school had started and that Kellin and I met. So many things had happened this year that just made it feel so surreal. I was almost sad to see it end. Almost. Because with school ending, we would be making our way to California and leaving all of the bad memories connected to this hell hole behind us.
Our parents were all still a little skeptical about letting five teenagers move to San Diego alone. And they weren’t particularly happy about us deciding to not go to college. We did, however, tell them that we would take some basic classes so we weren’t completely uneducated. Although I’m fairly certain they would be online if we were focusing on the band. I don’t know about you, but I don’t want to sit in a classroom all day when I can be making music. Anyway, I digress.
Monday marked the two week mark until school ended. I don’t even know why we had to go to school if all the seniors were going to do was practice how to walk for the ceremony and play games in the gym. The guys and I were constantly contemplating ditching. And we would have, except Jaime’s dad was in charge of the games.
“Man, I will never hear the end of this if my dad catches us guys.” Jaime whispered as we sat under the bleachers. The rest of our class was currently playing some sort of trust thing. I couldn’t even begin to explain it to you.
“Jaime, chill out. As long as we’re not ditching school, your parents won’t care.” Mike tried to ease Jaime’s anxiety.
“He has a point.” Tony agreed. Jaime just shook his head and stared out of the gap in the bleachers. I stood up and winced a little, still feeling pain in my lower back from the weekend. Kellin noticed this and his cheeks flushed a little.
“You feeling okay Vic?” Crap, Tony noticed.
“Yeah, I’m fine. Just a little sore.”
“From what?” Tony asked.
“Well-“
“Nope! This conversation ends here.” Mike grabbed Tony by the hand, stood up, and dragged him out of the gym. Jaime looked between Kellin and I and the door where Mike and Tony left out of.
“Do I even want to know?” He questioned.
“Nope.” Kellin popped the p at the end and Jaime just rolled his eyes, muttering something about horny teenagers under his breath.
The rest of their day was spent in pretty much the same manner. We spent the entire time watching our class run around and act like idiots. I found it particularly entertaining when they tried to get Kyle to let them throw a pie at him. The look he gave, priceless.
Although as riveting as this day was, I was still glad that it was over. Every day that ended was just another step towards the big move to California. We had been spending almost all of our free time in Jaime’s garage, writing new material, honing what we already had. It was some of the most relaxing times of my life.
Kellin had even told us that he talked to Jesse and the others about the move and since most of them were graduated already, they figured they would see if they could move to Cali. Things were really starting to seem real.
I walked into my house and was met by my mom sitting in the kitchen talking to Kellin’s mom.
“Mijo, is that you?” She asked before turning around.
“Yeah Mom.” I replied, setting my backpack down and walking over towards them. “Hi Ms Quinn.”
“Hello Vic.” She smiled brightly.
“Vic take a seat, there’s something we wanted to talk to you about.” I don’t know why, but I really didn’t like the sound of that statement. Reluctantly, I took the chair opposite Kellin’s mom and turned towards mine.
“What’s up Mom?”
“Vic, we’ve been talking about what’s going to happen in the next few months with you guys moving to California.” My anxiety rose slightly at this. I just nodded and stared at her. “We want you guys to succeed and I’m proud of how far you guys have come in such a short amount of time.”
“Vic,” I turned to Ms Quinn. “You’re parents and I have decided that we’re going to give you guys the house that my uncle left for me. It’s in San Diego and it’s large enough for the five of you to live comfortably.” My eyes widened.
“Wait… what?” I was thrown off to say the least.
“That’s right. We decided that since it’s already paid for, the five of you will be able to afford it together. All you’d have to pay for are the utilities, and if you guys all chip in, then it will be manageable.” My mom was smiling again. This was great! Now we didn’t have to worry about renting an apartment of trying to find someone crazy enough to rent a house to five teenagers.
“Thank you so much.” I gushed to Kellin’s mom. “I don’t know how we could ever repay you.”
“Follow your dreams and take good care of my son and I’ll be happy.” She replied. I got up and gave both of them a big hug.
“Thanks again. I’m going to go tell the guys.” I ran up to my room. As I was pulling out my phone, I couldn’t help but think about how lucky we were. With this news, any worry I had about the move was suddenly wiped away.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright guys, we're getting that much closer to the end. I'm happy to let you know that I will be continuing this and writing a sequel. It may not be immediately after this one ends because I want to get a few chapters written before my midterms since I won't be able to update as often.

Sorry the time line is a little jumpy but I really want to get to the move and everything. Love you guys!