The Meeting Place

It's cold out, but it's warm in here..

Harlow opens the door to Andrea's room quietly, not knowing whether or not her roommate was still asleep. It was a Saturday morning and she figured they could go out, and have a relaxing saturday. What she saw was Andrea freaking out in her closet, throwing clothes out. "What the hell are you doing..?" asked Harlow as she picked up a cute green skater dress off the floor. " I'm freaking out, that's what I'm doing.." said Andrea as she pulled out another dressed from her closet. " Kara just called me, told me to get my ass down to work. She went off to London to photograph fashion week and I need to sort out through some of her prints from last week to get them to the editor of Vogue." Finally Andrea picked a blue skater skirt, white sleeved crop top and decided to wear black stockings and flats.

" I thought you didn't work weekends anymore.." said Harlow grabbing Andrea's black leather jacket off the coat hanger, she chucked it onto the bed. " Yeah I thought so too, but apparently I still do according to Kara... I swear she can be such a big bitch sometimes." Andrea was dressed, she grabbed her long hair and pulled it into a messy bun. She sat down, pulled on the stockings, grabbed her makeup and did her face up quickly. " What time do you have to be there..?" said Harlow passing Andrea a thermos of hot coffee, " for the road" she quickly added. " In an hour, thank you." said Andrea, looking at her tired face in the mirror. " I'm never going to get there in time, especially with the rush hour and all the tourist"

"Take the car, you'll be there in 45 minutes top." said Harlow as she left the room again to grab the keys to their shared but rarely used car. " You serious?" said Andrea with a smile on her face. She had only driven the car about 2 times in the past 3 years. Harlow hated how fast Andrea drove, she was a good driver but she enjoyed going fast. "Here, now hurry... maybe you'll make it in time to go grab lunch.. or dinner" she handed her the keys with a small smile. Harlow knew that Andrea was a hard worker, too hard if you asked her, and Kara her boss never appreciated her for everything she did. " Thanks!!!" said Andrea as she ran out of the apartment and downstairs.

The car was a nice car, they had saved up to buy it. A 2013 Acura Tsx, white with leather seats. But because Harlow had paid more for it she had ownership over it, and drove it more than Andrea. Just like Harlow had said Andrea made it to work in 40 min, she opened the studio and walked into the office and started her long day.

***********

It was around 3 pm when Andrea; who had removed her leather jacket the minute she walked into the studio got a phone call from Harlow. "You still busy?" Harlow asked with a tone of annoyance in her voice. " Kara is driving me crazy Harlow, she's asking me to do two days worth of work in one, I have to edit some photos and send them over to vogue." Andrea said rubbing her temples, she had a horrible headache. ( Fuck I haven't eaten at all today) she thought. "Alright, I'll just see you later on tonight then." Harlow said and then the call ended. Andrea felt bad because she had promised Harlow they were going shopping for some new decorations for their apartment, but loosing her job wasn't an option.

Andrea's phone rang again, Kara this time. ( What the hell does she want now) thought Andrea as she answered the phone. " Hello, Andrea?" asked Kara. " yes kara..?" Andrea tried not to sound so bitter, She could hear noise in the background, sounded like a party. "Listen, I know you've been working hard all day, but Vogue needs the edits in 30 minutes. Also, i need you to go into the meat packing industry and check out a location for me." ( Are you fucking kidding me!!!!!!!) thought Andrea.." sure" by now Andrea was furious. "Okay....... thank you" Kara knew she had pushed Andrea's buttons, but of course she didn't care, this was her job. Andrea hung up before Kara could say anymore, she finished editing the photos in light speed. Sent them to vogue, and called just to double check. She had made the mistake of not double checking once before, Kara had almost bit her head off that day. She forwarded the email to Kara also just to cover all her bases. Grabbed her jacket and bag, locked the studio and got into the car.

She got to the location in 30 minutes and checked out the place, it was an old warehouse type place. It looked cruddy from the outside which freaked Andrea out but from the inside was nice. She took a couple photos for Kara, sent them through text and then got to hell out of there. Mind it was fall, and it got dark pretty early.

Andrea walked out onto the street, she hadn't eaten all day and was starving. She looked around the street, she saw the small cafe she had gone into last night and decided thats where she wanted dinner. Andrea hadn't noticed how cold it had gotten until she caught herself shaking of the cold. She got into the coffee shop order a macchiato and a turkey and cheese on ciabatta for dinner. She grabbed her food and sat near the fireplace. It was quiet in the coffee shop, she noticed a couple sitting close by and a small family near the back of the place and then two guys sitting in the far back of the place talking. She enjoyed her dinner, and but the time she finished most of the people had gone. She got up to bring back the plates and was startled when someone called out her name.

A tall guy started walking over to her. ( Who the fuck is this..) she thought while placing the dishes on the counter. " Hey, its Chris...from last night" the guy said finally reaching her. " Oh, hey!" said Andrea putting a $20 down on the counter " keep the change" she quickly told the guy behind the counter. She looked up and was face to face with Chris ( this guy looks so freaking familiar) she thought. It was bugging Andrea because she knew she had seen this guy somewhere but couldn't pin point it. He wasn't wearing a hat tonight so she could see his face clearly.

"How've you been?" he asked smiling at her. " I've been okay, had a long day at work... " she sighed swinging her bag on. " Aw man, I'm sorry." he said with sincerity in his voice. " thanks" she quickly said to him. She was studying his face expecting to be hit with the answer of how she knew this guy, but nothing came. " I gotta go, its getting late and I'm exhausted " she finally said after she realized how quiet they had gotten. " Alright, I'll umm walk you out" He said grabbing his coat. " Oh, thanks" Andrea was a bit surprised but thankful.

" Its freezing out isn't it?" he asked her as they began walking out of the coffee shop. " yeah it's cold out, but it's warm in here..." Andrea said with a small smile looking around at the coffee shop. She liked this Chris guy, he was sweet and friendly. Her day had been very lonely and stressful, she was thankful for the warm company.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked the new chapter!!