Status: I believe in the freedom of the open road.

Anarchy Is Our Only Hope

Everything Will Change Pt.2 (The Letter)

July 14th, 1988

To my sweet baby, Nelly.
If you're reading this, I know I've long gone.
Now, don't be sad, my little dove. We all have to reach this point in life. Life is a beautiful thing, but it is also short.
Don't harbor on this pain for too long, smile at the beautiful times we've had, I prefer that you dwell on them instead.

I hope that I've raised you to be the very woman I never was; strong, determined, and most of all filled with self assurance.. I couldn't lead by example, but I hope that I instilled these things in you.  

I watch you sometimes when you're asleep, when you're tucked into your princess sheet and your eyes have closed; when you're far away in your precious dream... I see my whole world, my reason for life just calmly falls into a slumber. It is an unbelievable concept, even more so when it's an every day reality.
Every time a laugh, a smile, or even the silliest joke comes from you.. It warms my heart, and I retort with a booming laugh, and you wittily remark "Mommy, it's not that funny!"

You don't even realize yet, how happy you've made me.
You'll understand, you must have children of your own by now. A girl and a boy? Something like you always dreamed, but you're so little now, Nel.. I don't know if your dreams will change and grow into something larger.. but even if it's not as you dreamed as long as you're happy, darling... It's all that matters.
I hope I've seen my grandchildren, I pray that i've played with them a thousand times over.
I imagine that your daughter would be as witty as you; and that she would tell you "Mommy, it's not that funny." every time you give her a booming laugh.
And if fate has not allowed, I will watch  your children from over the rainbow..

More importantly, I think it's time for me to tell you the story of how your father and I met.
It was the summer of 1980 in Belfast, my family owned a place out there for many years; every summer Belfast was my stomping ground.
I met a boy, he was a tad older than me. Two years in fact, I was 15 and he 17.
Oh! he was charming, kind, funny! Oh! and so devilishly handsome.
What can I say? We fell in love instantly. 

Every day for four months, we were together.
I almost stayed in Ireland just to be with him, I knew that no other man could capture my heart the way he did.
But, I had to go...
When I got home, I found out I was pregnant; three months along and I didn't know.

I made you think your father left; that he just couldn't take care of us both.
Truth is, he never knew about you, Nel.
In a year he was going to be leaving for the army; either way my baby would only have me.
I wanted to spare you the pain of him leaving, but in that I realized that I never gave him the chance to know his daughter.
He never got to know the radiant ball of light that was my reason for being. He missed the chance to raise this sensational little human.

I also kept you from a father, one who would have been brilliant, caring, and would have given you so much love.
I see flicks of him in you, it's always kept my love for him near..
He is probably long gone now, so I am going to tell you who he is Nelly..
Your father was a man named Filip Telford.
♠ ♠ ♠
And there it is everyone, the letter! Tell me what you think in the comments. :)