Status: I'll try to update as often as i can

I'll Be the One to Save You.

Arrival of the Birds

Frank met them both outside the back exit, beer in hand smile plastered on his face. He greeted Gerard with a hug, whispering in his ear, “I’m so glad you came Gee” he just smiled an its alright smile and Frank did some sort of weird handshake with his brother before jogging inside motioning them to follow.

Inside it was packed; it was dark, hot and sweaty. Gerard was quite worried as he hasn’t been in this type of environment since he sobered up, he didn’t want to fall back into the whole deal again. Frank yelled he was going to get them some drinks before scurrying off, panic flashed across his face as he chased after him in the crowd. He couldn’t find him, he searched frantically, rushing around the club.

After searching for what felt like for Gerard was an hour but in reality was only about five minutes he saw the half blonde dyed hair and rushed over to him, “Frankie, Frankie, Frankie oh my fucking god, I couldn’t find you” he took a deep breath to breathe properly and Frank smiled at him with a confused look, but rubbed his hand up and down on Gerards back nevertheless. “Shit, sorry, I needed to tell you I don’t drink, I had an alcohol problem and shit like that before, I’ll be fine here with other people drinking, I hope, I just needed to tell you so that you didn’t get me any” leaving his friends frank pulled him over to a quiet place by the bar. “Okay, relax Gerard, you’ve found me now!” he stuck his tongue out and giggled. “come on, let me get you a drink, I have to go back stage in a few secs, do you want a coke? Mikey the same or will he drink?” Gerard told him they would both be happy with a coke and stared at Frank while he ordered the drinks, when he realised he was staring he looked down to his feet and blushed. He felt a glass being pushed in his hand and a hand grabbing his arm pulling him along to his brother.

They spoke about music and guitars for a few minutes before Frank got called back stage. “Good luck Frankie!” Gerard called after him smiling like an idiot; he turned around to see his brother smiling at him knowingly. “What?” he snapped playfully, “nothing…” Mikey replied still smiling. “No, Mikes tell me!” His brother groaned but didn’t say anything. He avoided his brothers attention looking everywhere but at him. Eventually, or rather after about only 2 minutes he gave up, “You too are so into each other and you’re both so oblivious its ridiculous” he laughed. Gerards eyes widened and his head shook in disbelief, “no, he doesn’t like me, I know, were only friends to him.” Mikey just laughed again, “trust me, you’ll hook up tonight I know it.”

Gerard didn’t have a chance to respond as the lights dimmed and a stage lit up. Franks band walked on stage and he beamed straight at Gerard who blushed but returned the gesture. “Hey guys” the crowd just screamed, “I’m Frank, and this is my band Pencey Prep this is P.S. Don’t Write” after that they kicked straight into the song.

Gerard watched as Franks fingers went up and down the guitar so smoothly, like it was the easiest thing in the world. The noise he was making sounded heavenly to Gerard, he was slightly biased but still. He moved his hands up and down the frets quicker than he could keep up with, with his right hand he strummed fiercely. So much was happening at once and Gerard had to stop himself from imagining those hands in a different circumstance…

And then Frank opened his mouth and started singing, he had such a good voice, He expected him to be good but he was even better than expected and Gerard was overwhelmed at the whole situation as so much things were happening that were actually good.

Before he knew it the song had finished and Frank was introducing the next song, “This goes out to the gorgeous guy I invited here tonight, Gerard” Frank says before winking at him and blowing a kiss, which sends him into a teenager girl crushing over a celebrity, giggling and blushing. “He so fucking likes you man” Mikey shouts in his ear. Gerard just shakes his head smiling, never moving his eyes away from the beautiful guy on stage.

*

After about a half an hour the set finishes and Frank comes back to them and Gerard wraps him in a massive hug ignoring the sweat all over his body. “Frank, man, oh my god, that was amazing, you are so good!” Frank blushes before muttering a thank you. They speak about the set until Mikey says he has to get back, they exchange goodbyes and then its just the two of them standing there smiling like idiots with each other. “So, do you maybe, want to come round to mine for a bit? Its busy in here and people are starting to get drunk and stupid, we can talk more there?” Frank asks nervously fiddling his hands together and looking at Gerard hopefully. “Yeah, sure, that would be good, yeah lets go”

Gerard followed Frank to his car as his brother being the fucker he is took the car they came in especially so he would have to go with frank. They got in the car which wasn’t too messy, had some pieces of old food boxes and drinks but it was relatively clean. Misfits started blasting out of the speakers and they drove to franks flat.
♠ ♠ ♠
This was short, but hey, at least i updated!
hope you liked it!
Thank you for reading!
The title is the song by Cinematic Orchestra, its a beautiful song, no lyrics just instruments but its amazing, its one of those songs that just warms your heart and gives you an amazing feeling. Listen to it.

xoF