Unholy Matrimony

One

CHANYEOL

I slowly slipped my hand under the table and fumbled around until my fingers intertwined with Baekhyun's. He glanced up at me and smiled before we turned our attention to my sister, who was tapping her spoon on a wine glass to get our attention. I winced at the sound of it.

"Everyone, I have an announcement!" She raised her voice as everyone turned to look at her. I rolled my eyes and turned to Baekhyun.

"Bitch is probably gonna announce that she got her period or some dumb shit." I smirked. He chuckled and gave my hand a squeeze.

"Be respectful, you little asshole. And we should discuss her ratchet-ass makeup later tonight." He whispered. I laughed as I turned my attention back to her.

She cleared her throat and began this long speech about her boyfriend or something, and how no one ever bothered to listen to her like he did. I'm not really sure if that's what she said because I wasn't really paying much attention. I picked up my glass and sipped some of the incredibly fancy wine that Kris, my other best friend, had recommended the night before. Too bad it was shitty.

"Anyway, I have some big news." She said as her boyfriend stood up. He wore a fancy white suit and looked way too important to even give my sister the time of day.

"Me and the lovely Eun Bi are getting married." He announced, grabbing my sister's hand and kissing it.

All the wine that was in my mouth exploded from my lips. This fancy guy actually was volunteering to live his life with her? Gross.

"Dammit, Chanyeol!" Eun Bi yelled, grabbing a napkin and trying to clean up her future husband's suit. "We just can't take you anywhere!" She gasped. Baekhyun had his hand over his mouth, trying not to laugh. I nudged him, signaling him to keep it together.

"Way to fuck up your sister's wedding announcement." He muttered.

"Shut up!" I hissed.

"Anyway, yes, we will be getting married." Eun Bi changed back into happy bride-to-be again. All my family members stood up to congratulate them, gushing about how sweet they looked together and asking questions about the venue and the date and all that dumb wedding stuff.

Baekhyun and I stood up and walked over to her.

"Congratulations." I said. She smiled.

"Now when are you going to find a girlfriend or something? I think it's time you got serious with someone, too." She joked, nudging my shoulder before hugging me. I let out a nervous laugh, looking over at Baekhyun. His cheeks flushed bright red. "Even though you mess almost everything up, I love you, okay?" She ruffled my hair before hugging Baekhyun.

"And hopefully you'll be his best man when that time comes! Thank you for being such a good friend to my brother. You're just as much a part of this family as he is." She grinned. Baekhyun nodded awkwardly, thanking her. Baekhyun nudged me and motioned outside, mouthing that he needed to talk to me. With that, we walked out the back door of the restaurant into this large garden. I sat on a stone bench.

"Sorry about her." I sighed. He grinned, sitting down next to me. I took a deep breath and looked at my feet. "Are you okay?"

"Yeah, I'm fine," He replied. "It just kind of occurred to me that I'll never get to have a big wedding."

"Who says you can't?"

He raised an eyebrow and looked at me. "Society."

I shook my head. "Weddings are overrated anyway." I slipped my arm around his shoulders and hugged him against me. "Don't be sad, okay? The least we can do is be happy for that bitch."

He nodded slowly as I leaned over and kissed his cheek.

"I love you, Baekhyun." I said.

"I love you, too." I took his hand in mine. "Come on, let's go back inside. It's almost time for dessert." He stood up and held his arm out. After helping me up, he led me back inside to where my sister was still being fawned over.

Image

KRIS

"Mkay, so tell me how long you've had this shirt." I pulled out a navy blue t-shirt from Tao's side of the closet. He shrugged.

"I'd say since about freshman year of high school."

"You're kidding me, right?"

"Nope. But I'm not that bad! I go shopping for a new pair of pants every year though cause they always rip."

"How many pairs of pants do you own?"

"Like two."

"Ugh, that is disgusting!" I tossed the shirt into a trash bag along with a ripped up jacket. "I need to take you shopping, young man. I will not be seen with an outfit repeater."

"You've been seen with me for a few months now." He remarked.

"GUYS." Chanyeol burst through the door. I sighed and turned to him. His cheeks were pink from the wind outside. "I... have to... tell you something..." He collapsed onto the bed, breathing heavily.

"Where's Baekhyun?"

"He has class right now. But I have a huge secret that I need you guys to keep."

Tao and I exchanged a look. "Sure, what?" I crossed my arms and stared at him expectantly. He sprang up and began pacing. "Chanyeol, calm down. Are you high or something?"

"Why are people always asking me that?"

"Just tell us what you need to tell us!" I snapped. "I'm trying to save Tao's wardrobe, so make this fast."

Just then, he began talking a mile per minute. "So you know I've been dating Baekhyun for two years... oh no... wait, we've been dating for three years... yeah three years and we've been best friends for like six years and... Anyway. The other night my sister announced that she's getting married and Baekhyun got all upset because he wants to get married too but that's frowned upon, right? Right. So I don't know if you know this but I love Baekhyun more than anything in the whole world and... wait... of course you know because we wouldn't fuck that much if..."

I looked at Tao, who was staring blankly at him, obviously not picking up any of what he was yelling about.

Chanyeol took a deep breath. "So what I think I'm trying to say is... is..."

"What?" I tapped my foot impatiently.

"I'm gonna propose to him." He yelled.

"You what?" I screamed. Tao jumped like ten feet off the bed in shock as well.

"You heard me. If my bitchy sister can get married to a guy for his money, why the hell can't I get married because I love someone? Just because we both have dicks it's like this big deal and..."

"Are you sure you're not high?" Tao's voice was shaking.

"No, I'm not high."

For a moment, the room was quiet. "When are you planning on asking him?" I questioned.

"I don't know. I bought the ring today." He sat on the bed and buried his face in his hands. "But I need your help. I have no idea how to ask him something like this. I need a time and a place and I am just... so... nervous. In movies, proposals are always special. But I'm not the right kind of special."

"You are, too." I sat next to him. "Tonight, think of a plan. Talk to us about it later."

He opened his mouth to speak when Baekhyun knocked on the door. "Sorry, guys, I had to stay a little longer." He entered the room, stepping over the trash bags full of Tao's ripped clothes. "What are you all talking about?"

"Not a lot, Chanyeol was just asking us what you might want for Christmas." Tao said.

Baekhyun looked at him, his cheeks turning pink. "You don't have to get me anything. I don't need anything."

"Well, I already bought your present." Chanyeol gulped. I couldn't help but notice how nervous he sounded as he talked to Baekhyun. His face turned red as he stood up and hugged Baekhyun close. "And I think... I think you're gonna like it a lot."
♠ ♠ ♠
Ugh, definitely subject to rewrite.
Should I keep it or should I start over?