Unholy Matrimony

Five

CHANYEOL

The ride home was quiet, but I didn’t really understand how pissed Baek really was until we got into bed. He moved as far as he could away from me and curled into a ball, shoving me away whenever I tried to hold him. I nudged him again.

“Baekhyun, can we please talk about it?” I begged for the umpteenth time that night. He shook his head.

“You’ve already indicated that you’re ashamed of me.” He said simply. My eyes widened and I threw my arms around him.

“Oh, baby, that’s not it at all, you know that.” I said softly. Again, he pushed me off and moved closer to the edge of the bed.

“It’s not? Because you had no problem with it until they made that comment about Sehun and Luhan.”

“You heard what they said, didn’t you? They said it was disgusting.” I whispered, feeling my eyes well up again.

Baekhyun sat up and glared at me. “God damn it, Chanyeol! So what if they think it’s disgusting? Why should they care about what you do in the bedroom? If they get freaked out by two men who love each other and not by starving children, they need to get their fucking priorities straight. You’re their child. They’d accept you no matter what, and if they can’t, then that’s their own damn issue.” He snapped. “My parents were unsure about it too, but they know they can’t change it and you know what? They fucking deal with it. And yours would too.” He got up, picking up a pillow and a blanket.

“Where are you going?” I asked.

“I’m sleeping in Tao and Kris’ room until you man the fuck up.” He growled. With that, he left me to sleep alone.

I groaned and fell back against the bed. He was right, completely right. It shouldn’t bother my parents as much as it does. But I knew that most likely my parents would just disown me rather than come to accept the fact that I love another guy. I let out another exasperated groan. Baekhyun had every right to be pissed off at me, I was even mad at myself because of the way I had completely denied my love for him in front of my own parents. Now I was stuck trying to figure it all out… I had told them that I was getting married to a girl. Of course they’ll want to meet her…

BAEKHYUN

I dragged myself over to Tao and Kris’ room, where only Kris was awake. He raised a thick eyebrow at me.

“Why are you here?” He asked. I sighed and made a bed for myself on the floor, not answering his question. “Baekhyun, what happened? Is Chanyeol sick or something?”

“No, he’s just stupid.” I replied shortly. He nodded.

“What happened? If you don’t mind me asking.” He sighed and sat on my floor-bed with me. “I understand if it’s private.”

I shook my head. “I’d rather not talk about it. But… could I have a hug?”’ I looked up at him and he nodded, taking me into his arms. I held him close, biting my lip hard to keep myself from crying. Chanyeol was usually so blunt about literally everything, so why couldn’t he just say what was on his mind this one time? Did he even love me enough to marry me in the first place?

Kris rubbed my back slowly. “It’s okay, Baekhyun. Chanyeol is stupid, but you know how much he loves you, right?”

“He doesn’t. He doesn’t love me.”

He sighed. “He wouldn’t have spent so much money on the engagement ring or put so much effort into his proposal if he didn’t.”

“Well, he wouldn’t have lied about being engaged to me to his parents if he did.” I said shortly. He pulled back and stared at me.

“Hold on, what are you saying?”

“We were going to tell his parents that we’re getting married. But seconds before he could tell them who he was getting married to, they saw another gay couple and called it disgusting. So Chanyeol, being the stupid fucking coward that he is, tells them that he’s engaged to a girl in his biology class.” I let my tears flow freely.

“Baekhyun, you have to understand. What would you do in that situation? You’re about to come out to your parents and seconds before you can say anything they make a comment like that. Chanyeol was just scared and he acted impulsively. In a stupid way, of course, but really. It doesn’t mean he doesn’t love you, because he does.”

I rolled my eyes. “I would have just told my parents. And that’s what I did. I walked down into the kitchen one morning and said, ‘Hey, so guess what? I’m gay.’ It was coming out to Chanyeol that was scary.”

“But your parents have never outright said anything about being against it, right?”

“Well, maybe not. But still. Chanyeol needs to just know that his parents could never hate him.” I sighed, defeated. “And I’ll simply ignore him until he gets that.”

Kris sighed and pulled me against him. “It’ll all be okay. Just give him some time. He’ll tell them.” He got up, stretching.

“He will.” A voice came from Tao’s bed. He peeked up at us.

“Why the fuck are you always eavesdropping?” Kris threw up his hands and Tao sat up.

“Because I don’t want to make a stupid comment without knowing what’s actually going on. So I just let you guys talk and then I give my perspective. Because nobody likes the ‘wait what are you guys talking about’ type.” He explained.

“Do you even fall asleep?”

“I don’t sleep, Kris. I wait. You should know that by now.” He says, fixing his hair. Kris rolled his eyes before saying something to him in Chinese that made Tao giggle and cover himself in sheets again.

“For real?” I sighed. “At least talk so I can understand you.”

Kris shrugged and shut the light off. “Goodnight Tao. Goodnight Baekhyun.”

“Goodnight Kris. Goodnight Baekhyun.” Tao responded.

“Goodnight guys.” I yawned.

“…Goodnight Baekhyun. Goodnight Tao.” Kris whispered again.

“Goodnight Kris, goodnight Baekhyun…”

“Shut the fuck up.” I whined and buried my face in my pillow.

“…Goodnight everybody.” Tao muttered, dodging the shoe I threw at him.

Image

CHANYEOL

I woke up to the smell of bacon. I sat straight up, smiling widely. Whenever Baekhyun and I would fight, we would make bacon for each other as a symbol of forgiveness. I walked out to see him in the kitchen, flipping a few strips of bacon. I tiptoed over and wrapped my arms around his waist.

“Good morning, angel.”

“Get off.” He growled. “This isn’t for you.”

I pulled back, feeling as if I had been slapped. “Oh.” I said softly. He nodded, not looking at me before placing the strips on a plate and taking them into Tao and Kris’ room.

I fucked up. I fucked up bad.
♠ ♠ ♠
Happy Birthday Baekhyun!