The Perfect Stranger

Chapter 1:Pain and Hurt

"Why are we moving again?" Karli asked her dad from the back seat. She never did like the front seat just in case her dad would get mad, it wouldn't be easy for him to hit her if she sat in the back.

"Because i hated that place and i'm sick of people always in our business," Karli's dad Eric replied with a nasty agrivated tone.

"Oh." Karli decided to stop talking and just look out the window because she hated being smacked or hit with somethng for just asking a question.

Karli admired how pretty everything was as the season changed back to summer. (how pretty, must be nice to experience the outside without gettinig accused of doing drugs or running away) Karli thought to herself. The only thing that was safe from Karli's dad was her thoughts she thanked god that no one could read her mind.

"We're here, get out of the car and grab some suit cases and carry them in while i unlock the door," Eric yelled getting out. Karli nodded and popped open the trunk.

They only had suitcases with their clothes because they always rented fully furnished places just in case they needed to move all of a sudden. The only belonging Karli had was a small picture of her mom holding her as a toddler, and she hid it from her dad, if he found out he would burn it and make her watch as it burned.

Karly grabbed three suitcases because that's all she could carry and walked up the side walk to the door, she put a suitcase down and opend the door with her free hand. (How hard is it to leave the door open for me?) Karli thought as she put the back right inside the door, she hurried out and grabbed the last three suitcases and put them with the rest of them in the house. Karli shut the door behind her and went to look for her dad who dissapeared somewhere, she figured he was picking the best room for himself.

"I brought the bags in, where do you want me to put yours?" She asked her dad finding him in the kitchen.

"I'm in the room at the end of the hall, you have the basement." Eric said pushing Karli back towards the living room basically telling her to get a move on. (Figures, i get the basement so he dont have to look at me or talk to me. maybe it means less beatings but i doubt it).

Karli hurried to the living room and grabbed three of her dad's suitcases and put them in his room. (Of course, he gets the master bedroom and i get the stinking basement and this is a two bedroom house, what the hell?) Karli thought to herself as she pushed the door open with her back. The bathroom was big and had a nice shower, it had a king size bed and a flat screen tv in the corner. (must be nice) Karli put the suitcases at the end of the bed and shut the door behinid her before leaving the room. Karli opened the door to the basement and turned on the light so she could see as she was walking down the stairs.

The basement had another light down stairs which was good and it wasn't that bad it did have carpet and a small bed in the corner, perfect for her size. Plus the washer and dryer was at the left of the staircase so it would be easy to do laundry, especially because they had a laundry shoot that came from the master bedroom. (No wonder he put me down here, its for me to do his laundry right away, well i guess the basement isnt that bad, at least it has a dresser for my clothes and a tiny closet. Unlike the last house all i had was a tiny dresser and no closet.)

"KARLI!" Erc yelled from upstairs.

"Coming!" Karli replied running up the stairs.

"Get your damn suticases out of the living room before i throw them out!" Eric yelled grabbing Karli's arm and throwing her making her stuble into the living room.

"Sorry." Eric just put his hand up signaling for her to shut up, then he walked down the hall to his room and slammed the door.

Karli quickly grabbed her suitcases and carried them slowly down the stairs so she wouldnt fall. Once in the basement Karli put her suticases on the bed and opened the suitcase that had her bed set and pillows in it. She set up her bed and put her lamp on the dresser that was in the corner and hid her pictured of her mom inside her pillow case for safe keeping. Once Karli had everything put away in the dresser and hung in the closet she slowly walked up the stairs. the basement door was shut and when she tried to open it, the door was locked.

(Figures, he put me in the basement becasue it has a lock on the other side of the door and will be able to lock me down here whenever he wants too. Good thing i have a tiny bathroom, hopefully it works.) Karli walked back down and sat on her bed and silently cried to herself and talked to her mom's spirit for confort because she was always able to sense when her mom's spirit was around.

"I love you mom, I wish you were here." Karli whispered right before falling alseep on the old mattress which wasnt very confortable. The only thing that felt confortable was her mom's spirit and the smell of her blankets that reminded her of home.
♠ ♠ ♠
Just now beginning ths story if you like it please comment if you want me to write more. :)