The Perfect Stranger

Chapter 12: A not so secret birthday

*Karli*

Way to fucking go Karli you just had to say it was your birthday didn't you, big mouth. I really didnt want anyone to know that it was my birthday cuz I hadn't had a party in years. No one except my mom had ever made my birthdays a big deal, my dad always forgot. Great parent don't you think?

"It's your birthday?" Blake asked me again, I stood up and walked to the couch and plopped down.

"Yeah but it's no big deal. " I said tryin to get off the subject.

"um, it kind of is, how old are you turning?" Blake asked me with exciting in his eyes, I had never seen that before. Maybe It was because he hadn't celebrated a birthday in so long. Hell I don't know.

"18." I replied without looking at him. Since when was Blake the social butterfly? He usually stayed in his room or went out most of the day and only talked to me at night. Now he wanted to know everything about me?!

"You know what that means don't you?" Blake asked me.

"I know it means I don't have to listen to my father anymore and I'm...." The realization then hit me, I was FREE! "Oh my god, I'm free, he can't hurt me anymore, I never have to go home again, not like I was going to but, he can't take me!" I said looking at Blake with a big grin on my face and pure relief washing over me.

"Exactly. " Blake said smiling at me. "So what do u say if I was to... I don't know take you on a second date," Blake emphasized the word date and stood up offering me his hand.

"Sure why not, but let me get dressed first," I said looking down at my spongebob summer pjs. (you know the usual, booty shorts and a t-shirt). Not usually something I wear but my taste for clothes has changed for some reason. Weird.

*Blake*

About an hour later Karli came out of the bathroom, she cleaned up real nice. She had makeup on, no too much but it was enough to make her eyes pop, and she had her hair straightened. She wore a tight red V neck shirt that fit her slim waist good, and some dark blue jeans with red converse. Man I was so attracted to girls who didn't have the need to wear heels all the time.

"Something wrong?" Karli asked me, I hadnt realized it but I had been gawking at her this whole time.

"No, you look great," I said getting a little nervous. Damn was I really crushing in her, I just now noticed.

"Thanks," Karli said sweetly as her heart fluttered at my comment. I have a feelin she has a crush on me too cuz her heart does that every time she sees me or I talk to her.

"Ready to go?" I asked as i walks towards the door.

" Yeah." Karli said as I offers her my arm and she put hers through mine and I walked her to the car. "thank you." Karli replied as I opened the door for her. I nodded and got into the drivers seat and started the engine.

"So I was wondering if you would want to see a movie, then maybe go for dinner?" I asked her looking at her quickly then back at the road.

"Sounds great," Karli said beaming with happiness. I'm so glad she is finally free from her father, maybe now she won't try to leave any more. After a very talkative ride from Karli we pulled into the movie theatre, I linked my fingers through hers and she didn't seem to mind. I smiled at the sound of her heartbeat fluttering when I grabbed her hand, she can't hide her feelings that's for sure, from me anyway. I was hopin I could help her forget the whole ordeal with Alex this morning, I feel so bad for her.

"I'll take 2 tickets, what do u want to see?" I asked Karli. Karli looked at the movie choices then picked Paranormal Activity 4.

"Two tickets to PA4," the ticket man said handing them to me, he flinched at how cold my hand was, well shit.

"You ready?" I said to Karli who was admiring the big theatre.

"So ready," Karli said smiling.

"Want any popcorn?" I asked her.

"Nope, a mountain dew is fine though." Karli replied. I nodded and bought her a drink then we walked hand in hand to our theatre. We sat in the back so we could see the whole screen and it got me away from all the humans. Plus it gave me privacy with Karli, so i could make a move if there was a moment when she was scared.

*Karli*

About 5 minutes of sitting in the movie it finally came across the screen and was starting, I picked a scary movie because item like getting scared, and I could hold Blake's hand if I got scared. I still couldn't believe this hot of a guy was into a girl like me. My luck is turning up for me.

During the movie there was one part where I literally jumped outta my seat I got scared so bad. I grabbed Blakes hand and squeezed he squeezed back the whispered my name. I looked over and he leaned in quickly before I could react and kissed me, I kissed him back, wow what a great kisser.

The touch of his lips on mine was almost addicting, for about 5 minutes we made out rigt here in the theatre! When he finally pulled away I opened my eyes to see his brigt green eyes staring at my hazel eyes.

I think the kiss made him thirst for my blood, hopefully he didn't go all crazy and bite me, but I knew deep down he could control himself.

The movie ended and now the time was 4:00, so he decided to take me to a nice restaurant. Did the kiss make us boyfriend and girlfriend? I certainly hope so. We walked into a very fancy restaurant, it had red velvet looking carpet and black tables and chairs with white sheets over ur tables, damn this place was nice.

"Can you afford this?" I asked him curious, I mean I don't think he even hada job. Maybe he does, hell I don't know.

"i have money saved back for special occasions." Blake said smiling and winking a me. The dinner was great and as we walked out the door he grabbed my hand and pulled me close kissing me once more. "Karli, will you be my girlfriend?" Blake finally asked me.

"More than you know," I said kissing him smack on the lips wrapping my arms around his neck as we waited for our car. This was the best second date ever!!!
♠ ♠ ♠
Chapter is now finished :)