The Perfect Stranger

Chapter 17: Alex returns

Karli was afraid for her life at the moment ever since Alex overheard Blake and hers conversation. Karli doesnt' want to be a vampire because she wants to live her life normally for as long as possible, and blake understands that. Even though she loves Blake and wants to stay with him forever, turning into a vampire doesnt seem like a have to kind of thing for her at the moment.

"You okay?" Blake asked Karli as she sat on the couch looking like she was in deep thought, he didnt blame her, he would be scared if he was her right now.

"Yeah, just dont know how a poor helpless weak human like myself is going to fight off Alex if he does catch me alone." Karli replied as tears came to her eyes.

"Dont cry babe," Blake said grabbing her into a hug standing her up. Blake wiped her tears and pulled her into the kitchen where Eve seemed to hang out a lot.

"What's wrong?" Eve asked getting worried about her daughter who had tear filled eyes.

"We need to boost her confidence about being able to protect herself against Alex." Blake said.

"And how do you suppose we do that?" Eve asked raising her eyebrow.

"More training, from the best vampire hunter, and shes standing right here." Blake said looking at Eve with a big smile.

"That might actually work, i can teach you all the basics and show you everything i know." Eve said smiling and finally going to get some mother, daughter quality time. She had been wanting that ever since she was turned but couldnt bring herself to come back in case she couldn't control herself.

Once Karli and Eve were in there hunting outfits, you know the usually belly shirts and leather pants with high boots. Plus all the weapons that hung on their waist and knifes hidden in their boots, plus a few hidden stakes. They walked out into the bright and sunny day, to the back yard.

"You ready for this?" Eve asked her daughter as they went into the shed full of bows and arrows.

"More than ready." Karli replied excited to spend some time with her mom. Karli and Eve each grabbed a bow and headed out into the yard far away from their targets.

"oww." Eve said as she dropped an arrow and looked at her burnt hand, but it healed quickly and the pain didnt last.

"What?" Karli asked confused at her outburst.

"I forgot that i'm a vampire and i cant touch the damn arrows becasue they are made of silver." Eve said getting frustrated, she hadnt seen these in forever and completely forgot they were made of pure sliver except for the tip of it.

"Oh, here just show me what to do." Karli said picking up the arrow and placing it in her bow and positioning her arms like she was supposed to, so she could get the perfect shot. Karli shot the arrow and it landed right in the bullseye like it always did.

"Wow, i didnt realize you had trained before." Eve said amazed at how well her daughter could shoot.

"She trained once Eve and she got the bullseye on the very first shot she ever made." Blake said in a sarcastic tone.

"Are you serious?" Eve said looking at her daughter who nodded and smiled.

"Thats my girl!" Eve said ruffling Karli's hair.

"Like mother like daughter." Karli said smiling.

"So can you shoot the bullseye every time?" Eve asked.

"yes." Karli replied not being able to keep the smile off her face.

"Good, that will help you big time, okay so what i have learned is that vampires have a weakness, as you all know silver on the outside and Wooden stakes through the heart, but there is one more weakness, known as blood." Eve said.

"Blood?" Blake asked confused on how they were going to use that in fighting.

"Yeah, Karli can distract them by having a tiny blood bag on her and throwing it to distract them, then she can take her shot. Boom, dead vampire at your feet." Eve said.

"Wow, thats a good idea." Karli replied.

"Okay, lets practice, i have a tiny blood bag, now i'm going to give it to you, you throw it at blake and shoot the target right beside him." Eve replied thowing a tiny blood bag at karli who caught it with ease.

"Ok, that sounds like fun." karli said. Without further adue Karli threw the blood bag at Blake and quickly positioned her bow and shot the target dead center before Blake even caught the blood bag.

"Damn your good." Eve said clapping and smiling.

"Thanks mom," Karli said hugging her.

" Next test, Ok so how well can you throw a knife at blake?" Eve asked.

"What? AT blake?" Karli askd shocked.

"Yeah, it wont hurt him, only wooden stakes kill, its just silver it will burn but thats it." Eve replied handing her daughter a sliver knife.

"Your telling me to throw this knife at Blake?" Karli asked.

"Yep." Eve replied smirking.

"No, are you kidding me silver burns like a you know what!" Blake argued.

Eve leaned down to her daughters ear and whispered, "do it while hes distracted okay, dont worry ill pull it out before it causes him too much pain." Karli nodded her head and lowered the knife and played along.

"I'm not throwing the knife at him." Karli said haveing a fake argurment with her mom to get Blake to trust her a little more and get closer which he did. He started to walk over to the spot where they were standing, bad choice.

"come on, hes a vampire he will heal quickly," Eve replied playing along.

"So, it's still doesnt feel right." Then at that moment Karli turned as Blake approached her and quickly put the knife into his chest right between his ribs. Blake hissed extending his fangs and fell over thrashing from the pain, with eyes bright green.

"Sorry mate," Eve said walking over to Blake who lie on the ground yanking the knife out of his chest.

"What the hell was that for Karli?" Blake asked speeding to his feet once healed.

"Never underestimate your opponent." Karli said smirking and taking a step back just in case he tried something, she was pretty proud of herself. Eve was too, and Karli knew that.

At that moment Alex dropped down out of the sky and grabbed Karli from behind with a hand aross her mouth and a arm across her chest holding her tightly.

"Yes, never do that." Alex said getting his fangs really close to Karli's neck. One bite and she was done for, what some people, and vamps didnt know is that Alex has a venomous bite that turns a human in less than an hour. Karli shut her eyes tight prepareing herself for the pain she knew was to come.

"Alex, what are you doing here?" Eve yelled eyes flashing bright blue and fangs extended.

"Just paying a visit to your precious daughter, i hear she is on my humans to be turned list. Alex said opening his mouth about to bite.

"No, Wait!" Eve yelled speeding closer to them, but Alex took a step back.

"ah, ah ,ah, be careful, these babies are sharp, and her neck is so easy to bite into." Alex said pointing to his fangs then looking at her neck as karli trembled with fear.

"Please, dont do this Alex, she dont want to be a vampire." Blake argued and pleaded.

"Oh, but that's the whole fun of it, hearing her beg for mercy, oh wait she cant she's kind of passed out at the moment." Alex smirked. he had Chloroform on his hand and Karli only looked like she was standing on her own, Alex was acutally the only thing holding her up.

"Damn it, what did you do?" Eve yelled eyes getting brighter blue by the second.

"A little Chloroform never hurt anyone, well i got to go it was nice talking to you and as much as id like to stand here i have a human here waiting to be turned into a very powerful vampire who will work for ME." Alex said putting karli in his arms bridal style making her arm fall to the side limp and her head fall back. Alex jumped up into the air and dissapeared from sight.

"Damn him!" Eve yelled.

"Calm down, we are going to get to her before he changes her, he's going to make her beg, so we have time." Blake said not liking the thought of Karli begging before her life knowing it wont help and make Alex want to turn her even more.

"Damn right we are going to find her." Eve said speeding to the shed and getting all kinds of weapons that she could actually touch.

"Lets go." Blake said as they both jumped off into the sky trying to follow karli's faint scent, but the vampire scent was covering it up really well makeing it hard to track.
♠ ♠ ♠
Uh oh! Will Eve and Blake get to Karli in time?

Will Karli be turned? If karli gets turned will she become as evil as Alex or somehow keep some of her humanity?

You tell me by commenting, what would you like to see happen??

Sorry i have not updated sooner but my ipod is temporarily being fixed so i havent had internet or a computer, so here you go and hope you enjoy, its a pretty long chapter just for you. Thanks to the girl who keeps commenting your the best :)