The Perfect Stranger

Chapter 2: New Girl and a beating.

The next day...

"Karli, come here!" Eric yelled from the kitchen as karli was down stairs reading.

"Coming!" Karli yelled trying not to sound like she had an attitude, he always thought she had an attitude. ( would it kill him to say please?) karli thought as she ran up the stairs. )

"yeah dad?"

" I need you to go to the grocery store and get some things on this list," Karli's dad said shoving a list of food in her hands.

"Ok." Karli said agreeing because there was no use fighting with him, and it beats sitting in her room for hours.

"Take the car and come back as soon as youre done shopping for the food, do not go anywhere else, do u hear me?" Eric said cupping karli's face I his hand tightly so she understood.

"need anything else while I'm out?" karli asked as sweetly as possible.

"No! Just go and hurry back!" Eric said throwin the keys at her to where she barely caught them. He pushed her out the door and slammed it shut.

The drive to the Grocery Mart was only 5 minutes away and it was just enough quiet time for karli to think awhile to herself. (would it kill him to be nice to me once in a while, every since mom died he became all mean, it's like the good part of him died with her). Karli pulled into the parking lot and shut the car off, she took a deep breath and grabbed the list and put the keys in her pocket.
"Ok here we go." Karli said walking into the crowded store.

"Welcome to the neighborhood," A sweet lady said to Karli parting her on the back where she had a big bruise but somehow managed not to cringe in pain.

"Thank you." karli replied sweetly.

After an hour of shopping karli finally found everything she needed and checked out with 7 full bags of food her dad wanted. ( it's not like he ever fixes what I want for supper, sometimes I don't even get to eat.) Karli hurried home and put the groceries away quickly so her dad wouldn't yell at her for leaving groceries sitting out.

"Where have you been!" Eric yelled at karli smack her in the back of the head.

"I was getting groceries." karli replied holding back tears and feeling a lump in her throat.

"It shouldn't have Tooken so long go to your room and don't come out till I say!" Karli's dad said pushing her into the door making her bust her lip and bleed.

"I'm sorry I tried to hurry but here was a line," Karli tried to explain. But In return he back handed her across the face and makIng her bust her arm against the door. He tightly gripped her arm and pushed her into the basement making her trip down a. Couple of stairs and slammed the door and locked it.

Karli layed down on her bed slowly cuz she was in pain, her arm, face, and head hurt from yet again another beating over somethin stupid. "Momma help me." Karli whispered as tears fell down her bruised face.