The Perfect Stranger

Chapter 4: A stranger.

Karli walked and walked for hours not knowing where she was or where she as going but the further she got away from her dad, the better. It was dark out so karli decided to take a rest because she was exhausted from her day of walking, plus the fact that she hadnt eaten in 2 days.

Karli found a deserted dumpster and sat up against it and let herself drift into a place where there was no pain or evil dads. Durin the night Karli drifted into unconsciousness, so when Blake found her she was too out of it to fight what he was about to do. This was usually the place where he fed but something told him tonight he was just goin to have to wait.

Blake smelled blood and heard a faint heartbeat on the other side of the dumpster, he was shocked to find a girl sleeping. Blake lifted her hood and took off her sunglasses, he was shocked again to see she had been beaten. Blake knew she needed help because he could sense how hurt she was and could hear the grumble in her stomach; she was hungry.

"What happened to you?" Blake asked her even though she didn't hear him, while picking her up. Blake used his vampire speed and took her to his home, once there he layed her on the couch gently and tended to her injuries. Blake knew a little about bandagin people up because he was going to become a doctor but he was turned before he got the chance.

Karli had a spranged wrist and bruised ribs and lots of bruises and scratches everywhere. Blake cleaned her up and wiped her face with a wet cloth which made her open her eyes. Karli jerked a little realizing she was no longer at the dumpster, but she was in so much pain she stopped moving and forced herself to relax.

"I'm not going to hurt you," Blake said to her wiping her forehead before she freaked out and injured herself more.

"Please don't take me back," Karli begged as tears filled her eyes.

"Back to where, who did this to you?" Blake asked as she calmed a little.

"Why, it's not like you care," karli remarked.

"You'd be surprised how much I care, you are hurt and I can tell you didn't deserve this." Blake sympathized.

Karli looked at him and whispered, " It was My dad."

"Your dad did this to you!?" Blake said standing up with a look of hate.

"Yeah, I barely got away, if he ever finds me he'll...." Karli trailed off as tears fell down her face, scared at the thought of what he would do to her.

"He's not going to find you because I won't let him. " Blake said firmly wiping her tears away.

"Why are you so nice to me I'm a stranger to you." Karli asked.

"Because what else do I have to live for, I'm on my own with no family like yourself, both of my parents are dead and I can't imagine having a dad that beats you. What about your mom?"

"She died seven years ago, that's when my dad turned into a monster." Karli replied.

"Oh, sorry." Blake said.

"it's ok, so I don't mean to sound rude but do you have any food, I'm starving ?"

"Oh sure, it's no problem, I'll go make you a sandwich or two." Blake smiled at Karli walking into the kitchen. Usually Blake's fridge has blood in it but he was all out and did keep regular food around just in case someone was snooping.

(He seems nice, I think I can trust him, and I really believe that he will keep me safe from my dad. What's he want from me though, maybe I'm just being parinoid oh well, maybe things might just be turning up for me.) Karli thought to herself befire dozing off again.