The Perfect Stranger

Chapter 5: Secrets

When Blake walked back into the room karli was once again sleeping, she needed to eat so he didn't feel guilty for trying to wake her up. Blake suddenly realized he had no idea what this girls name was! ( how rude am I, I'm saving her and I didn't even have the decency to tell her my name or ask for hers.) Blake lightly shoke her shoulder not to injure her more or cause her anymore pain than she was already in.

*Blake*

I shook her shoulder very lightly and she jerked away from me as if she was going to get hit, she must have been dreaming.

"sorry, here's your sandwich, I hope turkey and colby jack cheese is ok?" I asked her as she relaxed realizing she was in no danger.

"yeah it's perfect," she smiled at me, this girl didn't deserve this beating, she as so sweet how could anyone in their right mind do this to her?

"By the way, what's your name?" I asked her between bites.

"Karli Jensen." she replied taking another bite.

"that's a pretty name, I'm Blake Connor. " I replied watching as she swallowed her food.

"Cool, tell me Blake why are you so alone, dont u have some kind of family?" Karli asked me puttin her plate on the coffee table sittin up. I helped her sit up so she wouldnt hurt herself having to pull her own weight.

"No, it's a long story." I replied as sadness returned to my heart.

"Well I got lots of time, it's not like I'm leaving anytime soon, unless you want me to." Karli said quickly.

"Oh no stay as long as you want, it's nice having someone to protect again and I like your company." I told her truthfully.

"well get on with it," Karli urged wanting to hear my whole story.

"you wouldn't believe me if I told you."

"You'd be surprised." Karli smiled a sweet smile at me, man she was beautiful.

"Ok here goes nothing. About 70 years ago I was in college training to be a doctor, it was something I had always wanted to do."

"70 years ago? That's insane how are you still young?" Karli asked on edge, I could hear a sudden change in her heartbeat, she was getting nervous.

"Just let me explain then you can ask questions when I'm done." I told her. She nodded and urged me to go on with a hand motion.

"well one night I went out with my friends for a night at the bar because I had just turned 19 and we wanted to celebrate. After I left the bar I walked home alone but I was attacked by a vampire, I know it sounds crazy but let me finish." I said as Karli began to say something, she closed her mouth and listened.

"anyway he told me that vampires were going extinct ,and I just happened to cross his path, then Without hesitation he bit me and turned me into a vampire. I stayed young as my family grew old and eventually I lost everyone I had ever loved because I didn't want them like me and they accepted who I was, which made it easier to live with what I had been turned into.

Since my family died i have been on the run from vampire hunters, they are everywhere, only they know we exist and are killing every last one of us quickly, not much of us are left."

"your telling me that you're a vampire?" Karli almost giggled.

"yes, I told you that you wouldn't believe me."

"I didn't say I didn't believe it's just really hard to believe without proof. " Karli replied. I couldn't believe she actually was giving me a chance to prove It to her, any other girl would have ran off screaming.

"I'll show you and prove it to you, and if you want to leave at least wait until you have fully healed, I promise I won't hurt you." I told her truthfully. I stood up and looked down and clicked on my vampire inside of me with eyes closed. Its easier when I'm pissed cuz it usually turns on automatically for fight mode and for feeding.

*Karli*

Blake lower his head trying to prove to me that somehow he was a vampire, I didn't want to admit I but I thought he was crazy. When he looked up I was surprised to his eyes were a really pretty bright green and he had fangs in his mouth, but they fit soooo perfectly in his mouth that it was so unreal. I think it actually made him like ten times hotter than he already was with his blonde flip hair look and that cute smile he had, in all honesty he was a true hottie he had the body and everything, what am I thinking ! Blake's a vampire, vampires kill people , at least from what iv read they do. Now I know why he saved me, he probably wants my blood!

"Karli?" Blake asked me snappin me out of the craziness that was going on inside of my head.

"You really are a vampire..." I said trailing off not knowing what els to say and without hesitation I ran for the door forgetting about all the pain i had been feeling, and somehow he appeared In front of me in like a second and I ran right into him. He grabbed my shoulders gently and made me look him in the eyes.

"I'm not goin to hurt you, please don't go." Blake pleaded and for some odd reason I believed him, I could see the truth and good in his eyes.

"Promise?" I asked wanting him to promise me, I mean it's not like I had anywhere else to go, my heart was beating so fast at this point I could hear it in my ears.

"Cross my heart." he replied drawing an X over his heart with his fingers. I relaxed a little when his eyes and teeth went back to normal, then he sat me back down on the couch and sat across from me. This changed everything I have ever believed in, what else is out here that I didn't know about? Can I really trust him, I haven't been able to trust someone in a long time.
♠ ♠ ♠
The splits where it has a name like this *blake* jus tells you that im going to that persons point of view so u get a better feel of the character. Please keep reading and comment on my new chapter. :)