The Perfect Stranger

Chapter 7: An unforgettable Hunter.

Blake had wondered for the past 2 weeks on why Karli looked so familiar, and her last name was familiar too but how? Where had he heard It before, this he wasnt sure of.

Blake walked into the living room and sat beside Karli who was just sitting on the couch thinking to herself as usual. He grabbed the remote and clicked on the tv to his favorite show; Full house. Karli had finally come to accept that he was a vampire and meant no harm to her, the first couple of days after she found out she wa a little on edge. She acted like she was waiting for him to attack her or something, but Blake would never do something like that.

"Really?" Karli asked him as full house came onto the TV screen.

"What? I like this show," Blake smiled at her unaware that his fangs were out. Karli jumped back a little scootin away from him on the couch. Blake heard her sudden heartbeat and knew something was wrong instantly.

"What's wrong?" Blake asked with a confused look on his face.

"Y-your teeth," Karli stuttered.

"Oh sorry, I'm just hungry, I'm not used to being around a human heartbeat all the time, cause I have always lived alone." Blake said covering his mouth with his hand.

I'm sorry, do you want me to leave?" Karli said even though she really didn't want to. Blake had nursed her back to almost full health and it wasnt that bad being a round a hottie as she called him.

"Oh no, I just haven't had time to feed that's all."

"Well go do what you need to do." Karli said forcing a smile so he knew it as ok.

"are you sure you will be ok?" Blake asked her, he didn't want her left alone if she didn't want to be.

"I'll be fine, if my father was going to find me he would have by now, he probably doesn't even care." Karli said looking away from Blake as tears filled her eyes with hurt.

"I'll be back soon." Blake said grabbing her face so she would look at him, he wiped a tear from her face before getting up and leaving.

*Karli*

Once Blake was gone it gave me time to think about how I was going to approach him about the whole how he knew my mom thing. Since I had that dream about her and the memory of him its always been in the back of my mind.

"Vampires.." I said to myself thinking I would never see the day where I would actually socialize with one. Techinically i was actually living with one, what had happened to me, a year ago i had no idea they existed now i'm associating with one and livng with one and most of all crushing on him. Good grief where has my life gone? But man he was sooooo HOT!

About an hour later Blake returned looking alot better than he did before he left, he must be feeling alot better.

"Feeling better?" I asked him.

"Much." Blake said sitting beside me.

"Y-you didint k-kill anyone did you?" i asked haveing trouble getting the question out of my mouth, what the hell was wrong with me, i couldnt seem to figure out how to talk.

"Oh no, i dont have the heart to hurt someone like that, i just take what i need and leave them with no memory of ever seeing me." Blake simply replied.

"Oh, well may i ask you a question?"

"Shoot," Blake replied turning to face me and putting his leg underneath of him to get more confortable.

"How did you know Eve Jensen?" I asked finally getting the question I had been wanting to ask him ever since I had the dream.

"She was the most amazing women i have ever met, she was tough and the best damn vampire hunter i have ever encountered, why do you ask?" Blake asked me.

"She was my mother." I replied as sadness crossed over my face and returned to my heart iti still hurt to talk about her. Wait a minute, did he just say my mother was a vampire hunter!?

*Blake*

That's why Karli looked so damn familiar, her mother was Eve Jensen! How could i have not seen the resemblence in her brown hair and hazel eyes, and the way her face looked in certain lights.

"Holy Shit! Your Eve Jensen's daughter! I have always wondered if you was okay after the seven years i hadnt seen you, it all makes sense now, no wonder you looked so familiar."

"Yeah i am, and did you say my mother was a vampire hunter?' Karli asked me raising her eyebrows.

"Hell yeah, the best one that have ever seen, she was a tough one i tell you, she killed every one she seen in sight if she had the chance."

"Then how are you still alive and she isnt?" Karli asked me.

"Because long ago i saved her so she let me live and learned to trust me as she got older, i met her when she was just 18 years old, she started out young. I told her pretty much everything she needed to know about killing and outsmarting vampires, and then i helped her get out there and kill all of the terrible vampires, those were the only kind she killed, not vamps like me who actually gave a damn."

"Ok, so why didnt she just kill the vampires that attacked us two years ago, and if she was so good as you say she wouldnt have died." Karli said gettng agrivated.

"Well they caught your mother at the moment when she was unarmed, she was out with you, and they knew she couldnt fight without all her weapons she usually carried. I coudlnt save her without getting killed myself and i knew if coudlnt save her i would at least save her daughter; you."

"My mother died becasue of me!" Karli yelled as tears came to her eyes.

"No, your mother died because she devoted her life to slaying vampires that hurt people, she died doing what she did best, being a vampire hunter. You just happened to be there, and she was going to protect you with everything she had. I offered to giive her immortality but she said no, that she couldnt possibly be a vampire and hunt her own kind, and didnt want to be hunted her self."

"So you tried to save her?"

"Yes, she was a dear friend, and acted like a mother to me, but i respected her last dying wish and took you to safety. but i would have raised you myself if i had known your father was going to beat you."

"It's not your fault, no one knew he would turn into such a monster." Karli replied sadly, i could tell it hurt to talk about her parents, one reason was because her mom was dead, and the second was her having to face that fact that her dad could give a rat's ass bout her.
.......................................
Blake wrapped Karli up in his arms and let her cry about anything she needed to cry about, he was glad that he now could keep Karli safe from her god awful father, and hoped he never found her.
"Your a good friend, no wonder my mother never slayed you." Karli said inbetween sobs forcing a smile the best she could with puffy eyes and a stuffed up nose.

"I try my best." Blake replied letting Karli lay her head in his lap, as she slowly drifted off to sleep in no more than ten minutes. Karli needed this and he knew it, he was so gald to talk about Eve, who he once respected highly due to her bravery and good intentions on just killing bad vampires not vampires that were like him. Eve Jensen will always be an unforgettable hunter, and Blake will remember her till the day he finally dies. Those were the best memorieis he had other than his family, now all hunters killed vampires no mattter what they were, good vampires or not. Blake now had a new goal in his forever lastng life, to protect Karli and offer her what he offered Eve, immortality so she would never be hurt again.
♠ ♠ ♠
The split in the page indicates that i am going back to third person. Hope you enjoyed this one, you get to learn who Karli's mom really was. Sorry about all the typos my iPod is frustrating lol :)