The Perfect Stranger

Chapter 9: Life of a vampire

Blake got Karli some new clothes and a jacket, so she didnt have to wear the same clothes over and over again. Karli was excited to be going shopping for the first time in a long time, especially when it was just for her. No one had ever been so nice to her, and she wondered what the catch was. It had been two months since Karli had ran away from her mean father and she was thinking about leaving Blake becasue she felt like a burden. Late one night Karli sat on the couch and watched TV, while Blake was in his room, most likely sleeping.

*Karli*

I think its time for me to leave, i feel like i am such a burden. I think he will understand if im not here when he wakes up, ill get a head start by walking at night. I grabbed my stuff and put it in my pull string bag, i put my new coat on and tip toed to the door.

"Good bye Blake," I whispered as i quietly opened up the door and shut it behind me. It was pretty chilly outside so i zipped up my jacket and put my hood up. i walked to the nearest sidewalk and began walking, to where i have no idea.

As i walked past an alley way i heard a weird sound, so i stopped an peared through the darkness and i made out two figures. As my eyes began to adjust i realized jsut them what i was seeing.
Blake was drinking from someone, i have never seen him this way before, i was terrified, he is basically hurting someone right now. Oh my god, Karli turn around and get your ass out of here before he hears you. As i turned to walk the way i was going before i seen Blake as he truley was my dumb ass self stepped on a piece of glass and it made a crackng noise. I looked over and Blake was staring at me with bright green eyes and blood on his fangs. I gasped and took off running as fast as i could, all i wanted to do was get as far away as possible before i was next.

"Karli wait!" Blake said speeding in front of me making me run right into him, his face was back to normal now. I could have sworn he was in his room before i left, damn it!

"Let me go," i said pulling away from him, but it was no use with his iron grip.

"Karli i'm not going to hurt you, and what are you doing out here anyway?" Blake asked me.

"I was leaving, i felt like i was a burden to you, and i dont know how to believe you when you keep biting people. i wish i had never seen that Blake." I told him looking away.

"I know and i'm sorry, but its who i am and i'm pretty sure you was at the house last time i checked. Karli you could never be a burden to me, I'm doing what i told your mother i would do; keep you safe." Blake said pulling me close to him and wrapping his arm around my waist, then he jumped off into the sky. I closed my eyes and held my breath, and in lest than a second we landed gently behinid Blake's house.

*Blake*

"Oh my god, that was.... awesome! Wow that was such a rush, but scary at the same time!" Karli said taking a deep breath of the night air.

"Well that's a first," I saidi shocked to hear her reaction, waht in the world is wrong with this girl, i mean it makes her even more attractive but it was just wasnt what i thought she would say.

"By the way, dont ever do that again without askng," Karli said shoving my shoulder and going into the house." There it is, that's more of the response i was looking for.

"Hey are you ok? If you want to leave i'm not going to stop you but i just want you to know its safer here with me than it is out there, where your father could be." I explained to her as she took off her coat and put her bag beside the couch.

"Yeah, i'm okay, and you have a point. I was just freaked a little when i seen you like that..." Karli said trying to avoid saying the obvious.

"I know, but its who i am, and i would be more than welcome to tell you more about being a vampire, if it will take your mind off of things." I told her honestly.

"Really, you would tell me?" Karli asked sitting indian style on the couch and covering up with a blanket.

"Well sure i dont see why not." I replied sittng across from her so i could talk to her face to face.

"Ok first question Mr. Connor, how exactly do you become a vampire, such as yourself?" Karli asked me acting like a reporter, and pretending the remote was a microphone.

"Well its very painful, you see some of us vampires have a venomous bite like me. so if i was to bite you for instance, the venom would spread throughout your body and into your blood stream, burning you from the inside out basically. Well that's what it feels like becasue thats how i was turned." I explained to her as much as I could.

"Can you walk in the sun?" Karli asked raising her eye brow, i wonder how long she has been wanting to ask me that.

"Yes, but my eyes are very sensitive, so i have to wear sunglasses when i go out."

"Well that seems easy enough."

"Yeah it is."

"So Blake Connor how does it feel to be indestructable?" Karli asked me pointing the remote my direction.

"Well I'm not completly indestructable, vampires do have weaknesses." I said into the "Micraphone" playing along.

"What do you mean exactly?" Karli asked.

"Well wood and silver are our biggest weaknesses. Hunters use sliver arrows with wooden points so it doesnt just hurt us it keeps us down. We cant heal unless the arrrow is pulled out, but the thing is we cant pull the arrow out ourselves or we will be burned on contact by the silver, so if someone doesnt pull it out, we eventually die, or the hunters set us on fire. It really depends on the hunter, your mom on the other hand would shoot a vampire three times, once in the chest, leg, then the head. It kills us quicker because the wood affects us more if theri is more in us at a time, we can only hand so much at one time." I explained.

"Oh, good to know, so if the arrow is pulled out do you heal automaticallly?"

"No, its not that simple, wood takes a lot out of us, so we have to drink blood as soon as possible or we wont heal and bleed out."

"Ok, so wait, back up, if you say your bite is venomous and turns people, then how the hell are you drinking peoples blood without turning them?" Karli asked me, man she was gettign good with these questions.

"I bite them but i quickly take the blood that i need then i suck the venom out. The person is left with just a bite mark, but i dont bite their neck, i just bite their wrist, so its not so noticable. I use my memory power and make them forget about me and just make them think that its just mosqutoe bites."

*Karli*

"So you can control people, make them think whatever? How many times have you done this to me!" yelled throwing the remote at him, but with his vampire speed he caught it before it hit him.

"Never, i wouldn't even think of it, i only do it to people i bite. But i assure you i have never done it to you or your mother." Blake explaiend to me.

"You better not bel lyng becasue that's not cool," i said getting aggrivated.

"i'm not, you know you would make a great vampire hunter if you tried." Blake said to me as i calmed down and sat back down.

"Maybe, but i dont even have any weapons." i replied.

"That can be arranged, i still have all of your mothers' hunting weapons in my shed, you could use them if you want?" Blake offered.

"Really, you mean you think i should follow in my mothers footsteps?"

"Oh yeah, and be almost as good as her." Blake smiled.
.............................................
Blake and Karli eventuallly went to bed, and Karli understood more about Blake. Karli was excited to be able to fight like her mom was and avenge her mothers death. She wanted to kill the man that sucked the life out of her mother. Apparently the vampire that bit her didnt have a venomous bite becasue she was left to bleed to death, she wondered what other ways someone could be a vampire. But for now, she was just worried about how she could be just as good of a vampire hunter as her mother was when she was alive.
♠ ♠ ♠
ok so this story is just getting good so bear with me here. its my favorite so far and i really hope everyone likes it. So please do me a big favor and comment, subscribe whaterver you like i would greatly appreciate. I would love to hear what all you lovely readers out there have to say about my story, cause your opinions matter !!!