Brendon Always Visits, No Matter What

no matter what

Brendon is on his weekly visit, yellow carnations (Ryan’s favorite) in his hand as he sits down, pants sticking to the cheap fabric of the chair but he doesn’t care. This is Ryan and Brendon time.

“Hey Ry, I brought you flowers. Like always.” Brendon composed himself a bit. It got harder to do this every week, but he did it because he felt he needed to.

“I got your things packed and ready to go. Spencer helped me. He had a little trouble and we stopped a lot, but it was done that night. The new house is all ready for us.”

Brendon wasn’t sure if he was expecting a response or not, maybe just a sign Ryan could hear him.

“Hobo finally played again this week. She hasn’t touched her ball since you left. But she’s been running around again. That’s good, right Ry?”

Brendon’s voice cracked, choking on the tears that were threatening to flood his eyes again.

He ran his hand down the side of the hospital bed, hand hitting the tubing of the IV.

Ryan’s accident had been almost a month ago and he still hadn’t woken up.

Everyone refused to take him off life support, doctors’ saying it was possible for him to turn around still.

He had woken up for an hour, not able to talk but he responded with his facial expressions and then slipped back into the coma, nothing happening since.

“I miss you, please come home soon.” Brendon began sobbing and the nurse pulled him out. He ran his fingers down Ryan’s arm, swearing he felt something.

The nurse always told him it was in his head and led him, telling him they’d call if anything changed.

He just wanted his fiancee back. They were planning a wedding, they were so happy.

He walked out of the ICU, wiping his eyes. Spencer was in the car, heart too heavy to see him more then twice a week.

He wanted his best friend back.

They drove back Spencer going to get dinner for them as Brendon sat hopelessly by the phone.

Spencer had refused to leave him alone, afraid that he would let himself go and waste away until Ryan returned.

It hit everyone hard, Brendon the worst.

Ryan needed to wake up soon.
♠ ♠ ♠
hope you like it