‹ Prequel: Land Ahead.

Strangeness and Charm

Chapter 1

Killian

“You’re still avoiding the dream question.’ I note while Maggie is making something in the kitchen

“What am I avoiding now?” She asks as she looks up at me with a smirk playing on her lips.

“You know you can trust me or do I have to tie you up again?” I ask with a smirk of my own. I hear Maggie let out an annoyed sigh before she walks out with two mugs filled with something. “What’s this?” I question as she hands me one of the mugs.

“My special hot chocolate.” She replies before taking a sip of her hot chocolate. “I always made it for Morgan when he couldn’t sleep. I always tell him it has this special power that’ll make you sleepy. Of course it’s just a white lie to get him to bed.”

“Well your secret is safe with me.” I smile.

“Come with me.” She says, randomly. “I want to show you something.” I give her a weird look, causing her to laugh. “I’m not going to kill you, I just want to show you something.” I get up off the couch and follow her out onto her back deck. I look out and can see all of the harbor. “This view is probably one of the reasons I love this house.” She admits. “When it’s quiet like this, you can almost picture yourself on a ship; just minus the motion of it and the sea mist.”

“You’re still a pirate at heart, aren’t you?” I ask with a sincere smile on my lips.

“I guess.” She giggles. “I guess that’s something you never grow out of.”

“You make it sound like such a horrible thing.” I note, sadly.

“It’s in my blood; my biological father was a pirate. This is going to be in Morgan’s blood; both of his parents are pirates. I don’t want him to end up like how we did.”

“You make it sound like we ended up so poorly.” I sigh, causing Maggie to frown.

“You know there are no happy endings for people like us; it always ends in tragedy.”

“We’re not some story in a book; our lives are not written for us.” I point out. “Our son can be the proof of that; he is the proof of that. We’re not the family type. We’re barely anywhere long enough to have a family but here you are; raising a kid. You’ve already proven our written story wrong.”

“When did you become this…wise?” She asks with a chuckle.

“I’m 300 years old, love; I’ve been around.” I smile before both of us return our attention to the amazing view of the harbor. I turn my head and look at Maggie. She may say she’s happy but I can see in her eyes she longs to be out on the water again. She’s right; that’s something you never grow out of…
♠ ♠ ♠
comment&subscribe? If you haven't yet, check out Land Ahead and it's prequel Take Me to Neverland. All these one shot are going to be connected not only with each other but with Land Ahead. These will be the ideas I have that I believe won't go with the plot or will make the chapters drag out.

You can also request cute scenes between Maggie and Killian if you want. I'm not opposed to that idea. =]