Facing the Obstacles

Prologue

Prologue

Present time… Fun. Moving forward. Easygoing.

“Testing… testing…” I said, checking the lead microphone. I looked up at the people in the sound booth and they gave me the thumbs-up.
I looked out into the crowd of excited and anxious girls, some of whom had dragged their boyfriends or even their parents along if they couldn’t drive yet. I smiled sadly; this could have been me. I could have been standing at that keyboard, the keyboard Dillon Anderson now stands behind. I stood there, taking in the closest thing I would ever have to performing.
“Tom, come on,” Zach’s brother, Vic said, poking his head out from behind the curtain.
I remembered where I was supposed to be and hurried offstage. Talking into my earpiece, I said, “Making my way to the warm-up room.”
I reached the warm-up room and opened the door to find my four best friends. They grinned at me when I walked in.
“Time to go, guys,” I said.
They made their way out of the room, slapping me on the back as they went. Zach stopped in front of me, with a huge grin on his face. He touched his braided string bracelet.
“Heidi’s here,” he said, winking at me and heading down the hall.
I turned my earpiece on again and said with a smile, “Allstar Weekend is headed to the stage.”

…And then there was past time.
♠ ♠ ♠
Hey guys!!! It has been who knows how long since I posted my other story, but this is like a fresh start. My first one was just kind of writing to write and it wasn't too great lol (to say the least) but this one I care about a lot. I started writing it January of 2011 and ended the official writing this past April and now this is kind of giving me a chance to post the chapters, yet edit them at the same time. (What can I say, I've been very lazy =P) Please tell me if you like it and such, because I'm considering giving it to ADUB; so your opinions matter! Thanks(= Please comment and subscribe!