‹ Prequel: Give Me a Smile
Sequel: Smile With Me
Status: Finished

Smile for Me

Fear Toxin

Someone is laughing, HAHAHA, far off, low and mocking. Pitch black....I can’t see can’t look past the dark. I whimper like a hurt dog, rubbing my eyes. Air distorts, and I can see him. Herman Stol, the man who raped me. He reaches for me, grinning, tears at my clothes, rip rip!, and fucks me again. Pain, so much pain, burning and sharp, scream for help.

I can feel him inside me painful, agonizing, I rip at my throat and chest, trying to get the feel of him out of me, get him OUT, GET OUT GET OUT GET OUT, I’m howling, so scared, ah God, he opens his mouth and vomits something sticky and black onto my face, infects me, his essence down my throat and in my stomach and I scream and try to push against him but he melts in my hands to reform as the Wolf.

Torn to pieces. She looks at me for a second before her jaw lolls, exposing cracked and rotten teeth, she has no tongue. Joker had cut it out. Then there are tongues all over me, wet and repulsive, I tear at my clothes, have to rip them off. The mocking laughter is still there, in the background, HAHAHA, rumbling my name. “Quinn, Quinn, what do you see?” The darkness returns I HATE THE DARK HATE IT HATE IT HATE THE DARK and I lash out, feeling pain in my fingers but not caring.

“Dark....the dark....and...Stol...Herman, he...inside me, gotta get him OUT...the Wolf....tongue, bloody, screams, she’s screaming. It’s dark, please stop...” I whisper, still clawing against the darkness, can’t get out have to get out, something rustles and I see Scarecrow, in the mask, needles gleaming even in shadows.

Shriek louder than before and hold my hands out, I’m younger suddenly and in the Narrows again and his fear toxin is everywhere and people are screaming PLEASE PLEASE STOP THE SCREAMING PLEADING and I’m so scared. “No, Scarecrow, no stop....stop!” The deep voice speaks again. “What do you see now, Quinn?” “Scarecrow....It’s Scarecrow...the mask...needles....Scarecrow....dark, like....dark in Arkham, car accident, in sewers....Scarecrow and it’s dark....”

I huddle into a ball and wail hopelessly. Scared, scared, I’m so scared, afraid, SO AFRAID CAN’T SEE IT’S DARK and Dad is in the car with me again and it’s after the accident at night, it’s pitch black out and my face hurts so much, can’t breathe, Dad’s moaning and I taste blood, black stitches in my ruined face AND NOW I CAN’T STOP SMILING and I smell chemicals again as everything clears up.
♠ ♠ ♠
This is Quinn under the fear toxin. I felt like present-tense worked better with it, so that's why it's written this way. I will return to past-tense after this part.