Saint Fidelity

Devilyn Cummings

Darkness was falling over Saint Fidelity. The day had gone by so quick. With only an hour left until we were wisked away to or new rooms for tonight, I knew I had to ask Louis.

"What did you do to be put in here?" He shrugged.

"I was in school one day and someone made me mad I guess..." I tilted my head to look at him.

"What do you mean? What happened?" Louis smirked evily at me before crossing his arms.

"This kid had always picked on me in grade school, all the way up to our graduating year of high school.. I was walking out of my Music class in Uni and he was standing there talking to the girl that I'd like since fourth year.. I didn't really like her anymore but seeing him talk to her made me mad. It hit a nerve almost. Then Chad, that's his name, looked over his shoulder at me and gave this... shit eating smirk and walked over to me.

He was talking all this shit about me and how my Mum was a dirty whore and all this other stuff about my little sisters and that's all it took.. I snapped.. It brought out William, who I had kept hidden because I wasn't known for being violent... Just the opposite. People thought I was gay for so long, just because I always smiled and I was a bit more touchy and out going.

Anyway, all I remember was Chad had pinned me to the wall and then I blacked out. After that I remember waking up in a jail room with my ankles chained and my wrists were cuffed behind my back and my hands felt like they were on fire.

It turns out that I had beaten Chad to nothing but a bag of mush. People are truly scared of me now. They had me on trial but the judge said I was unfit for jail.. That I should just plead insanity.. Doctors did their studies and turns out I was insane, for the most part."

I watched as Louis stared up at the ceiling as his voice faded away. I watched as his chest lifted up and fell down with every breath he took. It shocked me when snapped his head back up and looked right into my eyes.

With a grin, he spoke, "And that's how I ended up in here..." A soft chuckle left his lips and his eyes closed and he threw his head back. It wasn't evil or scary. It wasn't a laugh tht belonge to someone who was supposedly insane. It was sweet, soft and caring. That's what made it scary.

I began to scoot back in my chair ever so...

Screech!

I stopped as Louis quit laughing and looked at me. A few of the other patients that sat near us looked over at the sound of the plastic chair scrubbed on the dirty tile.

"Sorry.." I muttered looking down at my lap.

Louis laughed again. "I'm sorry if I scared ya' love." I blushed and ran a hand through my knotty hair.
♠ ♠ ♠
I'm not sure if I like this chapter but I guess it's alright.. Hope you like it!
-K