Saint Fidelity

Devilyn Cummings

I was one of the first people to be led back to my room. I'm not much of a morning person. A total bitch to be honest, so it was fun getting woken up early and led down a few halls to my newly painted room.

It wasn't much of a different color. A dull pale color, same as always. I plopped back into my bed and covered my face and went back into my dreamless sleep.

I was being shaken awake again for the second time today, though I could tell it was later in the day.

"Devilyn it's time for group therapy." Perfect. It was that time again. I only had group therapy once a month and the rest were by myself. The doctor felt it would be better if I interacted with some if the other patients here since I'm always kept away in my room.

I changed into a clean pair of clothes in a light grey color and followed behind the male nurse that led the way to the semi large room full of other patients. My breath quickened a bit before I was pulled into a chair. I kept my eyes down on the floor and ate away at my bottom lip. I was humming a boring tune that was stuck in my head when I heard a Louis voice. It wasn't in the room but it wasn't far. I waited for him to walk into the room but the voice never got closer. Louis seemed to be upset because he was yelling. He wasn't winning the yelling match because I heard him yelp out in pain. Other patients were looking around or sitting with an empty look.

The doctor began calling for everyone's attention when Louis walked in. I looked over at him and saw the grimace on his face. He walked over and pulled a chair with him and sat right next to me. I took that time to look around and I noticed Macie was sitting with the boy from yesterday, Niall I think.

The doctor began talking about different things before calling on us at random to speak in front of everyone. I'm just guessing they wanted us to do this so we could try to make friends but lets be honest. Who really wants to make friends with someone who has a mental illness? Its different with Macie because out of every girl I had tried to talk to, she was the only one that would talk back and made sense. She was as close to normal as I was going to get.

As I was lost in thought, I didn't hear Louis getting my attention which resulted in the doctor looking over at us.

"Mr. Tomlinson, is there something you wanted to say? Miss Cummings, anything?" I snapped out of my day dream and blushed a deep deep red and wished repeatedly that I could just disappear. Louis shook his head and the doctor narrowed his eyes at us. He wen back to talking about some different ways to calm ourselves before I looked up at Louis and glared at him.

"Sorry." He smiles and patted my leg. I only rolled my eyes and slouched down into my chair. I could help but notice when he touched my leg, all the sparks and tingles that took over every nerve in my body. I smiled to myself on the inside at the feeling.

I want it again... I wished in my brain.
♠ ♠ ♠
So.. I do think this is longer than any other chapter that I have done.. I hope that I can keep it this way. Hope you like it!!
-K