Status: feedback?

Haunted

Chapter 1

"DON'T YOU DIE ON ME, VIOLET!!!" I faintly heard him scream. I felt tugging on the hood of my jacket, like I was being dragged by it. I could barely keep my eyes open, let alone let my mind focus. My head was spinning; I could see a light at the end of the dark tunnel.
"It's the darkness, it has me." I remember telling him. Is that why I did this to myself?! Because of a goddamn house?!
No. I did this because of my family, because we were falling apart. Because of my cheating bastard of a dad, and my whore of a mother. Because I decided to stay in this hell house. If I die right here, right now, I'll be trapped forever. At least I'll be with him. But do I really want that? No! He killed 15 innocent kids! He drowned his baby sister! He raped my mother! HE'S A PSYCHOPATH! Stop it, Violet!
I kept walking towards the light, and with each step, his voice kept getting farther and farther away.
"It's the darkness, it has me" my voice scared me and I stumbled backward, falling for what seemed like forever. I was hit with a blinding light. "It's the darkness, it has me" my voice kept circling me, repeating itself.
I kept trying to scream, but nothing would come out. What's going on? Where am I? How did I get here?
The lights eventually dimmed down enough so I could see, and that's when I saw them.

~

There they stood, all five of them; Kyle, Alex, Chloe, Stephanie, and Kevin. Bludgeoned. Shot. Dead. Does this mean I’m dead too? No, I can’t be. I didn’t swallow all the pills. Or did I? They kept walking towards me.
“You really don’t know, do you?” Kyle asked.
“Wh…what? What do you mean? Where am I?” I stuttered.
Stephanie smirked, “You’re dead, Violet. Just like us, but you had a choice. Do you know who we are? What happened to us? Who killed us?”
“I…Yes..But, I’m dead?!” Part of me was relieved; I’d gotten away from my family, from every shitty situation in my life. But the other part of me wanted to go back. “I can still go back, right? I’ve seen you guys around, when I was alive. So my family won’t suspect anything?”
“Yes, but you have to stay here, until your mind fully dies.” Kevin spoke up.
“NOT THE POINT HERE!” Stephanie screeched, “DO YOU KNOW HOW MUCH WE HAD GOING FOR US?!”
Kyle stepped closer to me, “I was supposed to graduate that year, but no! Your fucking psycho boyfriend had to end it! FOR ALL OF US!”
“I DIDN’T KNOW ABOUT THE MURDERS UNTIL THAT NIGHT ON THE BEACH!” I retorted, “And besides, he’s dead now too.”
“So you hooked up with a dead psychopath. Way to go.” Alex said sarcastically.
“I DIDN’T KNOW, OKAY? Look, I’m sorry about what happened to you, but I can’t do anything about it.”
“You didn’t know, and he didn’t tell you. How’d you find out then?” Chloe asked.
“Halloween night, when he and I were on the beach, and you guys surrounded him, I thought you guys were in costumes. That is, until you said you were dead, and he told me to run. I got home and looked up your school, and that’s when I found the Westfield High Massacre.” I explained, “I confronted him about it a couple days later, and he told me not to worry about it. Then I ended up here.”
“He told you not to worry about it? You should be worried if you’re dating him. We’re just five of the fifteen people he killed! If you’re going back to the real world, and pretending like nothing ever happened to you, I advise you to stay away from him.” Stephanie warned.
I nodded, “yeah, I can try, but part of me still loves him, and probably always will.”
She just rolled her eyes, “you’ve been warned, Violet.”