Status: at least a weekly basis

What We Will Become.

First Day.

"Rem, you wanna get your ass up before your late for your first day of school."

My brother, Evan, stated. Oh yes, much more of a statement rather than a question. My mom probably sent him in my room to wake me up. Fuuuuck. His voice irritated me so much in the morning.

"C'mon lazy ass. Senior year, new school, new year. YEAH!" He started nudging me as I buried my head deeper in the pillow.

"Say it with me, YEAH!" his sarcastic tone was not going well with me, especially this early in the morning.

"You wanna shut the fuck up and get out of my room?" I said forcefully as he chuckled his way out.

I slowly decided I had to get up. I went to the bathroom to get myself looking presentable.

My mom and I had just moved to Gambrills from Austin a couple days ago. Most kids would be bummed that they would have to move their senior year, but honestly it didn't really bother me. It's not like I had a hot boyfriend or even good friends that I had left behind.

I was always kinda weird, I guess that's how you'd put it. I loved video games and weird fashion items. I had piercings and shoulder length hair. The exact opposite of everyone in where I lived in Austin. Don't get me wrong, if you live in the right part of Austin, the scene is the most chill and incredible. My family unfortunately lived in the high end part where basically all the girls looked like Regina George. I mean I had friends back home, I just never felt like I really belonged to the group. All I had was my cat, Moggs.

That reminded me, I should probably take him for his morning walk before I left. Yeah. I walk my cat.

I quickly tousled my hair a bit, I was like the queen of the messy hair look by now. I finished doing my everyday makeup and grabbed some clothes that were all in the same color scheme.

I overlooked my outfit in the mirror before grabbing Moggs, his leash and headed outside.

I set him down and started walking down my new neighborhood. It was pretty chilly outside, but I liked the numbing feeling it brought upon my body. It was definitely a change from the Texas heat though.

My train of thought took over for a while, until I collided straight on with someone. I fell and as I started getting up I could hear Moggs hissing at whomever I collided with.

I took hold of him, cause believe me, he would attack. I finally got a look at the victim of my reckless coordination. He was a he. Tall, medium stature, clean looking.

"Are you good?" He said with a somewhat booming voice. Okay, maybe not booming, but powerful.

I did a really weird awkward laugh before answering.

"All good." I said stressed out the words making the 3 second sentence more like 10.

He chuckled as he looked down upon me. I'm only about 5 feet tall so this happened more often than I liked.

"You got your shirt a bit dirty." He said as he reached over to the bottom half of my shirt and started to gently dust it off.

"Don't worry about it. It was probably already there. I look a total mess this morning." I was kind of shocked at how much conversation I was making with him. Usually I would've walked away by now, but he seemed so chill.

"No, it definitely was not. You looked perfect before you rammed into me." We both laughed at that. He complimented me, but instead of making me feel totally uncomfortable, it made me feel nice.

"I'm Rob, I live just down the street. Your the new person that just moved into the red house on the corner, right?" He pointed to a cute little two story house at the end of my block, not very far at all.

"That would be me. I'm Remi." I said as we both stared at my new red house that stood out against the rest of the neutral toned houses.

"I see you know the area pretty well." I quickly looked back at him.

"Lived here my whole life. I kinda pride myself in knowing my land. I was already late for work as is, but if you want someone to show you around, don't hesitate in calling." He jotted down nine numbers on a random bit of paper he tore off from a missing dog poster on the pole we were standing next to.

"Woah, your really cold." He exclaimed as he handed me the paper.

"Oh, I'll be fine, but thanks for volunteering to be my personal tour guide." I smiled, flashing my dimples at him before taking putting Moggs down and walking back home.

It wasn't a long walk but it gave me time to think about my first encounter with a Gambrills civilian. I decided I would call Rob after school, he seemed like a cool guy, and he survived my chilling small talk.

The house was empty by the time I got there. My brother and parents had already left for work, so that probably meant I was going to be late. I had just grabbed my bag off the coffee table when the doorbell rang.

I opened it without even looking at who it was. For all I know it could've been some serial rapist. Thankfully though, it was a familiar face.

"Hey Remi, I just thought you might need this. I don't know where your from, but here in Maryland it won't exactly 'warm up' throughout the day."

Rob handed a me a Burgundy scarf as he just looked at me and continued smiling waiting for me to take it.

"Thanks, I was actually getting the chills earlier, so this is nice. I just hope this is your mom's or something. I mean I dig the whole metrosexual thing, but this..this is pretty gay."

"Oh wow! I look like a total homo! Not that I have anything against them."

"Oh no, me either, I just assumed you weren't one."

"I'm not! This is my little sister's. I thought you might like it, ya know, the color matches your shoes."

"Your sister has lovely taste." I said taking the scarf and wrapping it around my neck. It was thick but not too bulky. It was kinda perfect for the outfit.

"Are you not going to be late for work, or was that just a bunch of bull earlier?" I asked playfully letting my niceness show as I grabbed my keys from the side of the door where they hung on the wall.

"Of course it wasn't, I just couldn't bear the thought of you being cold all day. And I was gonna be late anyway, so might as well make it worth it."

"Well aren't you a fine gentleman?" I playfully patted his shoulder. "Does it look alright?"
I took a step back and batted my eyelashes a bit.

"You look fantastic. Dem Gambrills boys are gonna be all over you."

I laughed at this preposterous remark. "Yeah, we'll see about that. I really have to go, although I'm probably already late." I said, trying not to sound like I was rushing him.

"Late on your first day. You delinquent." He said as we started walking down my driveway.

As I got into my car I realized that his sister was more than likely going to want her scarf back.

"Hey, Rob!" He hurried to the window of my car. "Was this scarf part of your master plan to get me to come back to your house?" He smirked then winked, but ceased to say anything.

"Fuckin' creep" I yelled out the window, deepening my voice, as he walked back down my driveway.

"See you soon, Rem!" He yelled back as I started speeding away.

Gambrills was treating me real good so far.
♠ ♠ ♠
First chapter, things will progress more in the next chapter, then after that Vic should come into play. This is just the intro to all of it. I hope you people enjoy it!
Check out Christa Panek on youtube! She's amazing and there is a video of her and her brother on there, so if you wanted a visual of Rob..
<3 you!

& in case the links arent working:

here's the first outfit http://www.polyvore.com/first_day/set?id=66535419#stream_box

and the scarf and her hair http://www.polyvore.com/scarf_hair/set?id=66558496#stream_box

lastly a pic of Remi https://plus.google.com/u/0/109593973360590136892/posts

-Catt.