Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Concerning Hobbits

Azuk's Return, Pansy's Greivance

Pansy watched with wide fearful eyes as the Wargs surrounded the trunks of the trees, there were more of them now then there had been during the first pack attack. “Where do they keep coming from!” she called. Their snarls and growls were all she would hear. “Azuk!” Thorin gasped astonished, the Goblin king had spoken the truth. Pansy found herself speechless as her eyes fell on the pale blue Orc, he looked nothing like the other Orcs she had seen. He was almost noseless and looked like he was made of Ice. His eyes were pure malevolence and effervesced with rancor. Azuk spoke in a overly confident tone but what he was saying Pansy couldn’t tell, she didn’t speak Orcish. He laughed and stated Thorin’s name, and the name of Thrain. Pansy looked up the tree at Thorin, “It cannot be” He spoke lowly, Pansy’s eyes darted between the Pale Orc and Thorin. Azuk pointed his mace and spoke once more, but the order was clear as the Wargs tore off for the trees. Pansy screamed as the Wargs tried to tear apart the branches, leaping at them with their great jaws and using their body weight to tear them off. “Pansy Climb!” Kili called helping her into higher braches, he followed after her, Thorin and Balin pushing them up above them in the tree. The trees began to uproot, toppling over like playing cards, Pansy watched with terrified eyes as the dwarves swung like monkeys from one tree to the next, the tree she was in being the largest and the sturdiest was also the one closest to the cliff, and it would surely not be strong enough to hold all of them plus the attack of the Wargs. Pansy closed her eyes and whimpered as Kili pressed his back to the tree trunk one arm keeping hold of the Trunk and the other around her. Her looked down from the tree to the ghastly cliff and held her tighter. “it’s alright you’re ok, you’re ok” He tried to tell her, but it was more as if he was telling himself. Pansy peeked down at the umping Wargs with one eye.

A sudden burst of Orange flew down from the tree and fire exploded on the ground, the Orcish wolves back away snarling in confusion. Pansy inhaled deeply and looked up to see Gandalf making Pinecones of Fire. “Fili!” He called dropping one to Fili, who in blew on the flames to get the fire to spread, Fili then passed it to Bilbo as Gandalf dropped another to Fili. Thorin caught the third Firecone and passed it to Kili, who passed it to Pansy. She yelp at the heat, and bounced it around in her hands. “It’s much easier than archery, Little Baggins just throw it!” He called tossing his firecone into the pack of Wargs. Pansy nodded and chucked her’s as hard as she could, a rainstorm of fire flew down at the pack as all 13 dwarves, 2 hobbits, and the wizard threw their firecones down upon them. The fallen trees were sent ablaze, and many Wargs had tuffs of fur on fire, and fled back. He dwarves jeered at the sight as they kept up the firestorm. Pansy started to smile, then with a crack and a snap, her heart sunk, the tree started to lean backwards uprooting slowly. “oh no no no!” She called scrabbling to hold onto the branch closing her eyes, with a bounce the tree had fallen only just holding onto the cliff face. Opening her eyes Pansy could see the drop below her. Farther towards the tip of the tree, she could see a figure falling “Ori no!” she called, the young dwarf managed to grab a hold of Dori’s Legs and while Pansy breathed a sigh of relief she knew Dori could only hold on for so long. “Hold on I’ll help!” she called trying to get to her feet, but as she did so the branch creaked, “Don’t move!” Kili ordered, “But!” Pansy called as she bit her lip looking towards Dori and Ori. “Mister Gandalf!” Dori called as his hand slipped, Gandalf quickly lent out his staff, and Dori held on, but it was far more slippery than the branch. “Dori! Don’t let go!” Pansy called looking up to Gandalf she saw he was struggling with their weight, her heart raced and she found it hard to catcher her breath. The tree shook lightly as if a weight were lifted, Pansy looked back to Dori and Ori they were still holding on, so she looked to Gandalf whose gaze was fixed towards the forest. Pansy turned around, to see all eyes were fixed upon Thorin who had climbed down from the tree and was slowly advancing towards Azuk through the flames. He seem to be in a trance driven by ire, Pansy’s eyes darted between Balin, Thorin, Bilbo, and Gandalf. Was Thorin to fight Azuk? Would he be able to win again? “Of course not!” Pansy thought her eyes fixed, none of them had had a moments rest, since the trek through the mountains, between surviving stone giants and escaping the Goblins, what strength did any of them have left. But still maybe He could, her eyes were still fixed as Thorin ran for Azuk, His sword and oaken branch raised. Azuk growled and urged his white Mount to jump, Pansy closed her eyes tightly and looked away before the impact. Dori yelped as his hands begain to slip more, Pansy opened her eyes at the sound, before she could look her eyes glued to Thorin as he got up from the ground. Azuk, careful not to miss any chances nor underestimate his foe again, charged once more at Thorin, Mace raised he swung, the impact made Pansy’s body shake as the Mace connected with Thorin chest plate, knocking him back. “No! No!” Balin cried out, a this voice Pansy made to climb out of the tree branches, two arms reached for her drawing her back “you cannot help!” Fili called “You’ll be eaten whole!” Kili called after, Pansy failed, “stop it you’ll shake the tree loose!” Kili warned “then you do something!” She yelled at him, the pitch and force of her voice, took Kili by surprised and he found he hadn’t any more to say, he turned his head and closed his eyes. He hadn’t the nerve.

Azuk’s Warg opened his large maw and bit down on Thorin body, Pansy’s mouth fell open she’d knew the canine was big but didn’t think it was quiet so large. Thorin cried out as the Warg closed its jaws down on him tightly, “Stop it!” She called, and Bilbo rose to his feet, the Warg crunched down again, “Stop it! What’s a fight if it isn’t fair?” Pansy called as she did so the tree gave way a bit more, Her hear nearly jumped out of her throat as it did so, Kili and Fili kept a firm grip on her as she stumbled a bit. Her eyes never Left Thorin, as the Warg lifted his body in it’s jaws. Thorin found an opening and swung his sword cutting the Wargs nose. The beast reared his head back in the shocking pain, and tossed Thorin into the air. A hard Landing onto a large flat rock, pushed all the wind out of Thorin’s body and he lay there in shock. “Do something!” Pansy called looking between Kili and Fili, “He’s your uncle you must do something!” she yelled, the brother looked away from her, and Pansy shook her head in disbelief, Some warriors! if you cannot face an Orc…what’s to come when it’s time to face Smaug” she muttered fighting against their grip. “Let me lose!” she barked. Azuk watched as Thorin lay there, he turned his head in a cocky manor to one of his underlings, and gave an order, Pansy didn’t know what it was, but she knew it wasn’t good, as the Warg mounted underling dismounted and advanced towards Thorin. He raised his blade, “You! Wait! You big blue Bully! Don’t you have any since of Pride! Stop being cowardly and do it’s yourself! Or Fight fair!” Pansy yelled her eyes darting between, Azuk, the underling, and Thorin. The Underling rested his blade on Thorin neck. Half delirious Thorin groped the ground for his sword, he knew it was near, but just out of reach. “St-Stop this! This isn’t a fight at all! Stop it!” Pansy called out, her calls becoming more and more pleading, the Underling raised his sword, and Pansy shut her eyes tightly “Somebody stop this!” She yelled, and as she did so she heard a roar and the thud. Opening her eyes, she saw Bilbo struggling on the ground with the Underling, his sword glowing blue in the night. Pansy wrenched herself away from Kili and Fili and ran out to the rock “Pansy!” Kili called trying to grab back ahold of her but she had already sprinted too far. Azuk watched Bilbo in surprise, and Pansy went unnoticed. She took off her cloak and enveloped Thorin in it gently as he lost consciousness. “It’s alright, it’s going to be ok” She said quietly, looking up she gawked as Bilbo jabbed his sword into the Underlings chest. “Bilbo!” she called as more Warg riders backed up Azuk.

Bilbo pulled his sword free and staggered in front of the rock, standing before Pansy and Thorin defensively, he swung his sword around, albeit, he had no clue how to really wield it. Azuk gave an order and then Warg riders advanced slowly, Pansy whimpered and hovered over Thorin more, her eyes fixed on Bilbo who swung his sword threateningly at the Wargs. Pansy closed her head and leaned over Thorin, gripping at his shoulders, she was sure they were going to be eaten. Loud battle cries sounded, Pansy opened her eyes to see Kili and Fili had rushed the advancing Wargs. “Kili! FilI!” Pansy cheered, and as she looked on, Dwalin had rushed in as well, Bilbo looked back to Pansy and she nodded, drawing out her dagger, “Go Bilbo! We’re ok” She assured, and with that Bilbo to rushed in, Pansy’s eyes watched the battle, she had become so entranced, she had forgotten to stay aware “Pansy!” Bilbo called out, turning swiftly Pansy could see the Warg bounding for her, Thinking fast, Pansy held out her dagger and the Warg went to bite at her, The force of the Wargs body knocked her down against Thorin, she cried out in pain as the Warg clamped down it’s jaws, blood rushing form its mouth. The danger had stabbed the beast through its mouth into his head, it fell dead but Pansy’s hands were caught in its jaws, between jagged teeth and dead weight. Tears of pain slipped down her face, as she tried to get her hands free. More pain and a tearing sensation caused her to cry out loudly with one strong tug, as she cried out so did a bird, Pansy cradled her hands against her body as she looked up to see enormous eagles scooping up the orcs and Wargs, and dropping them to their death. She watched amazed, but soon a searing pain in her arm brought her back, looking up she could see one of the majestic and terrifying birds headed for her, she held out her Dagger with her most able hand, “stand down” It said “what?” she thought lowering her dagger she stepped to the side. The bird carefully took Thorin within its talons and took to the skies, Pansy cradled her Arms again and watch the bird ascend, The Oakenshield fell from Thorin’s grip, pansy ran and caught it in her mangled arms, Pansy bit her lip from the pain and landed on her knees.

She watch as one by one her company was swept away by the birds safely into the air, Pansy got to her feet as Azuk turned his gaze on her, his eyes sparkled as if a realization had hit him. Pansy froze, and tried her best to hold out her dagger, but she was unable to grip it and through the blood that poured from her hand, it slipped and fell to the ground. Azuk laughed, and advanced, Pansy’s heart raced in her fear, and as she prepared for her end. “Come!” a deep female voice rumbled as Pansy was snatched into the air. Pansy looked up to see an Eagle had come for her, she took hold of the great she birds feathers and painfully climbed onto its back. Soon her eagle met up with the others, all that was left of the ordeal was Azuk’s angry roar, and that too soon faded. They had flown for hours and the sun had started to rise, Pansy cradled her arms and gazed ahead with dull eyes, blood seeped from her hands, her arms, and a sharp pain throbbed. “Thorin!” Fili called out having seen his uncles limp body within an eagles claws. Pansy hung her head and closed her eyes. Before long, the company had arrive at a dense and green forest in the mountains, in the middle was a large tower rock formation an Isolated sliver of a mountain top. Pansy watched as the Eagle sat Thorin down gently on the ground. Gandalf Eagle, whom was the largest of all landed and let the wizard down. Pansy watched as He rush to Thorin’s side, she wanted nothing more than to be let down, but her Bird began to fly off in another Direction. “Wait, wait take me back!” she called “I cannot…some one wishes to speak with you” the eagle said calmly “I don’t care take me back!” Pansy demanded “soon” the she bird replied, Pansy could do nothing but sit quietly and wait for the eagle to land.

The Eagle landed in a dark part of the forest, Pansy climbed down and her eyes went to a figure of silver and gold. Though it was dark she shown with a bright light, and she was a pure as the sun. “Welcome…Pansy, of the Shire” She said soothingly, Pansy’s eyes fluttered as she walked to the woman, entranced. “Who-who are you, how do you know me, what do you want with me?” Pansy asked lightly, the woman smiled “I am Galadriel…lady of the golden wood” she said calmly “I wished to see for myself…the child of Yavanna…” She said softly “The you’ve found the wrong girl, Milady I am not but a hobbit…and I need to go My, My friend” Pansy said her voice cracking “I know of your troubles, and you should know all will be well, now listen I have much to tell you” She said, Pansy nodded firmly and listened “You’ve got a long journey ahead of you, Halfling, there are those who will wish to take your life.” Galadriel warned, “For you are without a doubt whom they think, you may not be as of yet, but one day it’s going to come to light, and it will draw in the dark.” She paused “You will have a chance soon to be within the safety of the Elves, they can keep you, protect you. Or” Pansy stood up “I cannot do that!” She called, Galadriel paused and smiled “Or, you can continue on your journey, but do know, it may claim you…and if you should survive….you’ll never be the same, and there is no going back” Galadriel warned. Pansy looked down “I figured that out, a while ago…but…I cannot…abandon my company…” Pansy said softly, Galadriel smiled mischievously “As I thought, and I would expect nothing less of you. But let me heal your wounds…as your journey from here…is just beginning” Galadriel said. Pansy nodded and held out her hands, as she did so she drew in a deep breath and gasped “My-My!” she stammered, that’s were all the blood had come from she looked at her right hand to find her index and fourth finger there torn off at the knuckle and her pinky on her left hand was half way gone as well. “I-I can you fix this?” she asked, Galadriel gave a grim look “No I am sorry, I cannot, but I can close the wounds” Galadriel said, Pansy nodded and sniffled, a bright light surrounded Pansy’s hands, “remember as I send you off what I have old you” Galadriel spoke as she helped Pansy mount her eagle. “I will” Pansy said, “and if you should ever need me…call and I will answer” she said kissing Pansy on the forehead. Pansy nodded and the Eagle took to the air.

Meanwhile back at the landing, Bilbo’s watched from a distance, has Gandalf stooped over Thorin, Gandalf said an incantation Over Thorin. After a moment Thorin’s eyes fluttered open, he looked at Gandalf and Smiled, “The Halfling” he said in a soft tone. The dwarves had gathered around him, “It’s alright, Bilbo is here, he is quite safe” Gandalf said moving a bit so Bilbo could be within Thorin view. Bilbo took a sigh of Relief as The dwarves and Gandalf helped Thorin to his feet. Thorin pushed Kili and Dwalin off of him, “You!” he growled, Bilbo’s relief melted away, “what were you doing, you nearly got yourself killed” Thorin spoke in a unforgiving tone, Bilbo’s eyes darted around, this had not been what he had expected. A few of the dwarves glanced at each other confused, Thorin limping lightly walked towards Bilbo “Did I not say you would be a burden” He sighed in disdain. Bilbo watch him bracing himself “that you would not survive in the wild” Thorin added, Bilbo looked down for a moment and then straight into Thorin’s eyes “and that you had no place amongst us” Thorin whispered, Bilbo gulped Gandalf couldn’t believe what he was hearing as he leaned against his staff weary. There was a short silence, and Thorin stepped close, “and I have never been so wrong” Thorin said quickly embracing Bilbo “In all my life” he said gratitude pouring from him, Bilbo surprised hesitated before returning the hug. The others cheered gleefully and gave each other hugs and pats on the back. Thorin’s smile faded as he let go of Bilbo and backed away “But I am sorry I doubted you” he added earnestly. “No, no I-I would have doubted me too” Bilbo said in a quick seriousness. “I’m not a hero, or a warrior” Bilbo paused and nodded to Gandalf “Not even a burglar” He added, to this Gandalf chuckled a bit. The great eagles took their leave, with a loud cry they flew around the peek and into the sunrise, the company looked on at the beautiful calming site. As Thorin looked up his eyes landed on a site he’d not seen in many a year. “is that what I think it is?” Bilbo asked following Thorin gaze, Thorin walked carefully to the edge of the peek, his eyes glued to a towering figure in the distance, far beyond the woods. “ Erebor!” Gandalf called, Thorin’s eyes were alight with reminiscence and grandeur, a smile came to his face again. “the lonely mountain, the last of the great dwarf Kingdoms of middle earth” Gandalf Continued, Thorin took in a deep breath and exhaled as if the very sight breathed a new life into him “our home” he sighed watching as the mountain stood tall against the pastel sky.

“Look! A Raven!” Oin called, the little bird tweeted happily as it flew past them, “they are returning to the mountain” he added. “that my dear Oin is a Thrush” Gandalf corrected happily “ Oh we’ll take it as a sign a good omen” Thorin said looking down at Bilbo “ You’re right, I do believe the worst is behind us” Bilbo said with a smile, as he gazed at Erebor. Everyone seemed transfixed on their goal which was now insight. Kili went to poke fun at Pansy, He’d figured she was in the back somewhere and was too short to see. Kili turned this way and that but did not find her, she was not quite that small. He began to Panic, “Little Baggins!” He called looking more pushing through the others, “Little Baggins!” He called. Bilbo and Thorin turned around, Bilbo leaned over to see through the crowd, “what is that matter?” Thorin asked his smile fading away. “She’s gone!” Kili called “Pansy?” Bilbo asked looking around himself “Pansy!” he called. “Was she not with us, with the Eagles?” Thorin asked looking everyone over “was she not with us!” he asked again louder when everyone stayed silent. “I saw her on an Eagles back I swear it!” Kili said. “We must go back” Thorin stated, “we cannot go back, the Eagles are gone, we cannot trek that far” Gandalf reasoned “then what do you suppose we do?” Thorin asked with an intent stare, Bilbo gasped as a Eagle came soaring towards them “Look!” He called, the company back away as the eagle landed. She lowered her large head and let pansy slide off. “Thank you” Pansy said softly cradling her arms Thorin’s Shield tied to her back, the eagle nodded and flew away. “Little Baggins!” Kili called rushing her, Pansy winced a bit as he crushed her into a hug. He let go of her beaming “I told you to not do that again” he chuckled, Pansy smiled and nodded “I’m sorry, I can’t help it” She said, “Pansy” Bilbo called form beside her, he hugged her “and they think I’m trouble” he said light heartedly Pansy sighed and smiled more “I’m glad everyone’s in a better mood” she said looking over everyone “does that mean, Thorin’s ok?” She asked trying not the words flow as quickly as they actually did. Biblo chuckled, and stepped to the side. Thorin walked through the Company and stood before Pansy, he pulled her cloak from his shoulders and handed it to her. Pansy went to grab it with a trembling hand, but as she tried to take hold of it a pain surged through her hand and up her arm, and the cloak fell to the ground. Pansy watched it lay there on the ground and fell silent, as she drew in her hands. Thorin’s eyes widened and he delicately took her hands in his. “What happened to your hands?” He asked, Pansy flashed to the Warg attack and when its jaws clamped down on her arms. “She protected you” Bilbo said with a smile despite Pansy’s grievance. “It’s nothing!” Pansy said drawing her hands away, she looked off “it’s not as bad as it looks” she added fumbling for her back, she tried to grab the shield but her fingers would not hold. Thorin’s gaze on her softened “Little Baggins” he called, the title caught Pansy by surprise coming from his mouth and she froze, as she went to look up she found she had been pulled into an embrace. Pansy held her breath and tensed “It is hardly nothing” Thorin spoke with sincerity “. “It’s alright, it’s going to be ok” he added in a low ginger tone. Pansy laughed in spite of herself, and her voice cracked as tears welled. She found the strength in her hands to grip he fur of his coat and buried her head “I wanted to be useful…I’m not fightless, not anymore!” Pansy said, Thorin smiled and rested one hand on her head and kept the embrace with the other. “No, of course not, I ask not but of Loyalty, Honor, and a willing heart…I ask” He paused brushing her hair gently “no more than that, Forgive me, Little Baggins” He said pulling back with a hint of a smile. Pansy beamed and then reached back to get the shield again, but her hands failed her, Thorin chuckled deeply, finally her hands grasped the piece of wood she pulled it from her back and held it out “I saved it” she said. Thorin ran his hand across the piece of Oak and smiled pushing her hands gently closer to her body. “Keep it…maybe it will protect you better” He said Pansy nodded and held it close. “I’d say she’s a bit of good luck” Kili mused, “aye, Luck is a lady” Bofur commented “oh please that’s no Lady that’s just a Pansy” Fili said laughing. Pansy giggled and shook her head, she’d not felt so happy before in her life. Finally things were taking a turn for the better. She looked around whilst everyone talked “um….how are we getting down?” she asked.