Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Concerning Hobbits

Flee

Pansy trailed behind Kili as she and the company made their way carefully through the mountains away from the Orc pack. Having managed to scale down the tall peek and through the wooded area. they lay in a low crater in the mountains. pansy flexed her hands, a dull ache throbbed from her finger tips to her elbows. She closed her eyes and groaned inwardly. her hands felt like they had been lifted another pair of hands worked her aching fingers gently, but even still the pain from the actual wounds burned her skin like fire with every movement. Pansy winced and opened her eyes, Kili smiled at her “feel any better?” He asked, “no” pansy thought, but the effort made her smile anyway. She knew Kili meant well and she did not have the heart to tell him he was likely doing more harm than good. as she nodded her head Kili beamed “thank you” She managed. Fili watching them from behind shook his head and chuckled he walked past Kili and whispered something in his head. Kili’ eyes became large and he carefully with haste let go of Pansy’s hands. “I’m sorry”he muttered feeling foolish, or course it would hurt to message wounded hands, the skin was still raw. “It’s okay really, it didn’t hurt that much” Pansy said trying her best to make him feel better. “b-besides, it feel sort of nice” she stammered, it wasn’t a lie, so why was she stammering? Pansy confused herself, as her face grew hotter. Kili smiled again “would you like a lesson then?” He asked Pansy frowned and looked down at her hands “I” she paused and held up her hands “I don’t think I can hold the bow like this...or any sort of weapon” she whispered. Kili chuckled “I’ve seen Warriors with less fingers than that wield heavier and broader weapons than a simple crossbow” Kili laughed, Pansy looked to the side “but I am no warrior” Pansy muttered, “no? you have the scars of one” Kili said taking her hands he held them up to her face “you saved my uncle, protected half of us from being crushed, pulled me from a river, and survived plunging into the goblin cave” Kili smirked playfully as Pansy watched him baffled “does that not sound like a warrior to you?” He asked. “Sounds like one to me” Thorin’s voice made Pansy jump, he suppressed a chuckle as he looked down upon her. Pansy turned to look up to him, “you don’t really think so?” she asked her eyes wide. Thorin ruffled her hair “Be proud, you have Traveled with the King under the Mountain, and his men, only a true warrior can do that” He said before continuing on towards gandalf. Pansy turned to watch him her mouth slightly ajar. she smiled and lowered her eyes. “me? a warrior?” she asked herself happily. “so?” Kili asked clearing his throat as he to tore his eyes away from his uncle. “oh” Pansy had almost forgotten he was there, “we still have some time, they are talking” He noted. Pansy nodded “lets practice” she said.

He target was a simple stump from an old lonely tree that had clearly seen better days, it was late, the sky was turning a vibrate pink as evening was fading a night was on the rise. “Remember steady your arms” Kili advised as Pansy’s hands shook, she would have liked to do as she was told but the pain that beat within her fingers would not give and it seemed impossible to stop the trembling. “I can’t, my hands...” Pansy said slightly frustrated. Kili strode behind her and used his own arms as braces for her own. Pansy heart raced as she felt her back against his chest and his extra body heat. She sucked in her lips feeling slightly awkward. “now give it a go” he ordered. Pansy shook her head “you can’t keep doing this” she said in a sigh.

“because my heart will explode at this rate” she thought.

“Because I’ll never learn to shoot on my own” she said, Kili frowned with her back to him she couldn’t see him. He liked this method of teaching her. Her skin was soft, and he liked the feel of her hair against his face and neck. and though the idea would not be deemed flattering, and any female who was not a dwarf would probably find it offensive, but she had the sent of raw ore, raw stone. It reminded him of home. “very well Little Baggins” Kili said stepping away “give it a go” He added gesturing to the stump. Pansy nodded and rose her bow again. “alright” she breathed. Her arms still trembled, bitting her lips she tried her best stop them. they trembled less, this was probably as good as it was going to get for her at the moment, Pansy squinted her eyes and focused on the stump, she was losing the light of the sitting sun. and as she went to fire..

Howling, loud, demented, howling. Pansy jumped and released the arrow, it whizzed past the stump. but she cared not she ran around hiding behind Kili her eyes darting around, Kili ushered her closer together with the company. they stood quiet. “I don’t think they know where we are just yet” Gandalf spoke over the group, If gandalf says so it must be true, Pansy relaxed and breathed a sigh of relief. Pansy ventured away from Kili as Bilbo made his way down the mountain side. He seemed to be in a hurry. “we have a problem” He spoke hurriedly “they saw you?” Gandalf asked Bilbo having been kicked out of his train of thought paused and blinked “no” he said slowly “but” Gandalf smiled and chuckled a bit “see what did I tell you as quiet as a mouse!” Gandalf boasted, many of the dwarves nodded in agreement and made their own remarks. Bilbo and Pansy glanced at each other “yes, well, but there is still a problem-” “thats why we’ve hired him” Balin said.b “Excuse me! I am trying to tell you all something!” Bilbo called out raising his voice. “well what is it!” Gloin rumbled almost as if impatient. Bilbo huffed in slight irritation. “go on ahead Bilbo, what’s happened” Pansy urged gently, resting her hand on his shoulder. “there is something else out there” Bilbo said. “what was it?” Thorin asked his tone grave, all they need was another foe. “it was some kind of beast” Bilbo stammered trying to find the right words. “did it take the form of a bear” Gandalf said with a dark air. Bilbo gawked at him “yes, yes it did how-how did you know?” he asked.

“we need to find refuge” Thorin said turning to gandalf, He was weary, and his company was weary, there was no chance, of them evading the Orc pack and a new beast. Gandalf glanced over the company and his eyes fell on Pansy. She had not noticed him as her eyes darted around in unease about the new possible thing that was after them. “There is a house” He spoke slowly, hesitant. “this house, is it of friend or foe?” Thorin asked, his eyes following Gandalf’s which still lie on Pansy. “neither” Gandalf said turning to look at Thorin “He might help us” he paused and sighed with a tilt of his head “or” he said in a humming tone “He may kill us” He added. Pansy shrunk back “I vote we stay here, they’ve not found us yet” she offered with false hope in her voice. “or why don’t we just back track?” Bofur reasoned “then we risk being eaten by a pack of wargs” Dwalin cut in “then what are we supposed to do?” Nori asked “we go to this house” Thorin stated, A loud howl sounded off, “we’re running out of time they’re closer” Fili said. “this way through the woods!” Gandalf urged and the company ran.

What gandalf had failed to mention was, it was a long, long way to this House. Pansy panted her legs felt like they would give way beneath her. they’d not stopped running, and behind them was the snarling of the Orc pack. “I am tired of these things! don’t they ever sleep!” she cried out, they had ran late into the night, and the sun was soon about to rise. Pansy was still regrettably slow while she wasn’t being let behind as usual she still lead up the rear. “how much farther!” she called up to Gandalf but being near the lead, he did not answer her. Pansy groaned, running had not much to do with her hands but they ached still. looking down at them she realized it. The elf queen’s healing, seemed to have reversed slowly the wounds were coming back. “what?” Pansy asked herself, she had not noticed she was falling behind more. “Pansy! come on!” Bilbo called back to her, with a gasp pansy tried to quicken her pace.

Dawn was rising in a pale light, they were almost out of the wooded area through the trees Pansy could see a meadow, and she prayed that they were getting closer. it seemed quiet, far to quiet to have been being chased by an Orc pack. Looking behind her Pansy could no longer see them in the distance, she could no longer hear the howls and bays of the wargs, or the calling of the Orcs. Pansy slowed down to a halt “Wait!” she called to the other with a tired smile “they’re gone!” she called out, but the others did not hear her, she shook herself and watched them, thinking she might be able to slow down a bit and trail behind them. however, a loud monstrous roar shook the air and buckled her knees. Her heart stopped as she went to turn around. Behind her, coming at great speeds through the forest was a large black dot that was growing ever bigger, as it got closer. Pansy yelped and ran as fast as her tired legs would allow her, but she was still a good distance away from her company. It became clear that she may have to find a place to hide, and figure out how to catch up with the others latter. She shivered and kept running she didn’t like that option, being all alone the first time was scary enough with the goblins, but with a bear monster and a orc pack on the loose. Pansy didn’t even like thinking about it.

Kili looked around him, something just didn’t feel right, “pansy?” He questioned slowing down he fell farther back in the group searching “not again” his whispered looking behind him, with a large gap separating herself form the company, Kili could see Pansy, and behind her coming up fast, the large bear. “Pansy!” he called out “Kili! It’s coming!, it’s not the Orcs!” She called back, “come on, Little Baggins run faster, this is your test, run faster!” He called. and Pansy tried but her body was far to tired. “come on you can do it!” Kili called, almost pleaded as the Bear was getting closer “There!” Gandalf’s voice carried over the company as he pointed to an odd set of trees bunched together, it looked as if they supported a gate. “We’re almost there come Pansy!” Kili called back to her. Loosing her footing Pansy fell to the ground. with painful hands she raised herself up “this is no use” she muttered, looking off to the side she banked for the the woods. “Pansy!” Kili called “What are you doing?” Bilbo called out “what is she doing?” He asked Oin as he ran past him, Oin shrugged and kept on running in a panic. Looking behind them Bilbo saw that the Bear was not fazed by Pansy’s new route and continued to make chase after their group. He didn’t know weather he was completely thankful for this or not. Barreling through the first gate was easy, and with high adrenaline Dwalin, Bifur, and Bofur chopped through the second. At the third gate, panic had seemed to mess with the minds of even the wiser of the dwarfs, the Bear was nearing, and no one could figure out to get it open. Thorin rushed through his men and to the gate, He flicked the lock and the dwarfs piled in, franticly trying to close it up. Bilbo held out his elvish blade before him and gulped. He would be ready should the beast get through. as the gate was nearly close a large maw of the bear made it through, using all their might the dwarves managed to shut it out. With their foe locked out they gladly took a breather.

“what was that” Thorin asked turning to gandalf sharply He was becoming very tired of surprises. “That is our host” Bilbo’s face fell, surely Gandalf had to have gone mad, yes of course, the journey had to have been much to much for him at his age. “ His name his Beorn, a skin changer” Gandalf stated walking further into the house, which was set up more or less like a barn. Filled with animals and other creatures, Oxen, Cows, mice, hens, and very large bumble bees, but what bothered Bilbo the most, was simply that the wizard had been serious. “sometimes he takes the form of a large black bear, and other times as a very large man.” Gandalf turned to face his company who watch bewildered “the bear is unpredictable but the man...he can be reasoned with, although he does not take kindly to dwarves.” Everyone groaned, and Bilbo began to wonder just when did the dwarves get such a bad name sake with other races around middle earth.

Kili sighed and picked up his bag and pulled out what little weapons he had with him other than his bow and sword. most where just knives probably made for skinning animals hunted, but with him he held a few daggers here and there. “Where do you think you are going master Kili?” Gandalf asked. “Pansy’s still out there, She fell back, and took another route” Kili slid a knife into his side belt. “I’m going to go get her” He stated bluntly, “Beorn is still out there and so are those Orcs-” Kili wasn’t hearing anything Gandalf was saying “Exactly, we cannot leave her out there, as easily frightened as she gets she would have raced out if it were one of us” Kili shot back, “Pansy has enough sense to lay low and not be seen, she is a wee little thing” Balin tried to reason, Kili shook his head “I do not ask of any of you to come with me, but I’m not waiting around here, to see if she should just happen to stumble through the door” Kili stated turning his back to everyone. Thorin glanced over his company, was to go go out for the few or stay for the many, it was uncertain if this house was safe, he would never forgive himself is he had been absent an the company was attacked. however, Could he let his nephew out there alone? or stop him form going and leave Pansy to fend for herself with Azog’s wargs still hunting them. he could do neither “Go, but be sharp” Thorin advised, Kili looked back at his uncle and gave a silly smile “always”.

Pansy had made it across the meadow and into the sidelong woods, she sat down on a root and caught her breath. “if I continue down the side of this wood, I can make it to the house without having to travel straight across the meadow in the open.” she thought to herself, but sadly as she often did, she was also speaking out loud. In the brush, wargs slowly stalked her, they were silent. As big of beast as they were, and through often thought loud snarling things, they were still hunters, and all hunters knew how to be silent.

Pansy looked down at her hands with a grimace “they are opening up more” she muttered, ripping off her puffy shoulder sleeves she wrapped her hands. while focused heavily on her patch work, a shadow cast over her. “is it getting late already? it was just down dawn when we hit the meadows” she wondered. something large and wet landed on her shoulder, she gazed at it. “awfully large rain” she mumbled, more dripped down on her, large this time, and slimy. Pansy’s heart drop. Slowly she looked above her, her eyes met with snarling teeth. With a piercing scream, Pansy rolled out of the way as the warg clamped down. It took a chunk of the root and dirt. spitting it out furiously it turned it’s gaze to Pansy who had taken off running. With a loud howl It’s pack mates made the chase with him.
♠ ♠ ♠
So computer crash and took my MS Word program with it X.x working off of Abi word yet again, it's spell check and grammar check are horrible so I am apologizing for that now.

Also apologizing for the long...long, long wait!
I will try to have that not be a problem again for the second time.

"Into the west" will be coming back into swing shortly again soon. And if anyones Interested, I will be posting a Bard the Bowman Fic up soon, with what I hope to be a unique take on the OC.