Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Concerning Hobbits

Beorn the Bear

In the distance Kili could here Pansy’s scream, he as close to the forest and made a mad dash for it, Bow ready.

Pansy zigzagged through the forest, praying she could out run the orcish wolves, however she knew much better than that. She needed a place to hide. There was a loud roar, it made the trees tremble. The wargs stopped their howling and froze. Pansy did not bother to turn around and look but rather made a run for a tree with a hollow center. Crawling in side she panted heavily trying her best to catch her breath as quietly as she could so as not to be found. “Maybe I lost them” she thought out loud. “But even still that Bear is still out there, he’s the one that stopped them” she muttered. After a moment of silence she thought about it more and more, sure this new creature was very large, and very scary, but he was still very much a animal. had she not been able to talk to the animals? “I’ve got to try, maybe I can make friends with it” she thought to herself. Taking in a deep breath she exhaled, gripping her cross bow as tightly as her wounded fingers would allow she took a step out of the Hollow Tree.

Closing her eyes, she was greeted by a loud bellow, Saliva, and horrid breath. Large fangs, and a mass of black glistening fur. “pew” Pansy thought fanning the air before her nose as she opened her eyes. The bear snorted and huffed, a bit bewildered that she was showing no signs of fear. “um, excuse me?” Pansy asked, but she could hear no voice from the bear. “Why are you chasing me?” Pansy went on, yet still nothing. “Why were you chasing my friends?” She asked, the Bear stayed silent for a moment more before letting out a long snort. Hot air rushed into Pansy’s face, blowing back her long locks “Dwarves,” It grumbled deeply “they've brought trouble to my home” He added. Pansy nodded but smiled cautiously “Not on purpose I assure you, they’d, we’d never do that” she stated politely “Is this forest your home?” Pansy asked offering a even friendlier tone, she had become hopeful now that the bear as talking “yes and no, my home is the house you’re friends have ran into, they shut me out, of my home home” Steadily the bear seemed to be getting more angry as he spoke. Pansy waved her hands “Oh no, no, no!” she gasped the bear watched her skeptically “I am very sure that they did not know that the place belong to you, they are not as rude as rumors are about the dwarves” Pansy said in haste “They are very nice! Balin, Bofur, Bombur, Ori, Dori, Kili and Fili” Pansy said with a growing smile “Even Thorin, he can be really nice when he wants to be, My brother...Bilbo is with them and the wizard Gandalf” Pansy went on the Bear seemed to be amused now “they are all very lovely in their own way,never would they do something so mean, not on purpose, scared I bet they were” Pansy rambled, the bear chuckled “an animated little thing you are, I’ve never met a dwarf who could talk to animals” the bear paused and nudged her face with his nose. Pansy giggled at the cold touch “ nor one so beardless” He added, Pansy giggled more “Because I am not a dwarf!” She called “oh?” he asked Pansy nodded and held her head up proudly “I mister Bear, am Pansy Baggins of Bag End! a Hobbit” she said the bear murred amused “a halfling” He stated mildly impressed “you are a bit far from home are you not?” He asked. Pansy sighed “it’s a long story, but yes I am, all of us are, we need shelter, those Orcs are after us, the big ones got a grudge against our king” Pansy spoke tiredly now.

The Bears gaze softened on her as his large dark eyes landed on her wrapped hands, bandages cover in red spots. “your hands” He rumbled as softly as a large bear could. “Oh those, an elf woman healed them....but the magic did not take I guess. it’s just about my luck” Pansy muttered “what happened?” He asked “Wargs and Orcs happened” Pansy answered she carefully unwrapped one of her hands revealing her missing fingers, the Bear seemed shocked as it gumpily took a step back and raised it’s head. “the cost of my friends life...i do not mind it so much, as he is safe” Pansy gazed at her hand with a resolved and content smile. “I’d do it again, and again if I had to, His friends need him, his people need him” She added wrapping her hand back up. “is he the king you were speaking of?” the bear asked Pansy nodded. “I am Beorn Chieftain of the Beornlings...” the Bear spoke up. Pansy looked up at the bear and smiled “is good to meet you Master Beorn” Pansy said with a light bow. the Bear chuckled “it’s been long since anyone’s bowed to me” Pansy looked up at him and smiled, he towered over her and padded closer “I will take you to my House, the Wargs will not follow me” He said kneeling down before Pansy.

As she went to Grasp his fur, some one cried out loudly “Kili!” Pansy gasped drawing her hand away from the Beorn. Beorn stood in front of Pansy protectively and snarled at Kili, whom brandished his bow. “Pansy! don’t you worry!” Kili called around Beorn, He gave the bear a confident smirk and took aim “I’ve got him” He called, Beorn reared and roared waving his claws warningly. “Kili no!” Pansy called rushing in front of Beorn her hands held out wide. “No!” she called again “Move what are you doing?” Kili asked confused aim still on. “This is Beorn, he’s not bad, just protecting his home, you guys kicked him out of his house!” Pansy called. Beorn had stopped growling but still stood on his hind legs, glaring down at the dwarf. “what? yes that's right....” Kili muttered lowering his Bow, he had forgotten what Gandalf had said. Pansy sighed in relief and turned to look up at Beorn, “it’s ok, Kili’s one of my friends, He doesn’t want to hurt you, he was just afraid for me” Pansy said Beorn grunted and with nod lowered his big body to the ground. “Very well” He muttered. Kili raised a bow and tilted his head “Why are you making Bear noises?” He asked Pansy turned back to look at him “Because I am talking to him...how else do you do think I knew that it was his house” Pansy asked. Kili’s mouth fell open “you were serious with those rabbits?” He asked rushing to her side “yes” Pansy stated simply as she reached out and pet Beorn’s side, taking mental note of how soft his fur was, she smiled a bit. “Do all hobbits talk to animals?” Kili asked standing at Pansy’s side he reached for Beorn who growled and moved away. Pansy giggled at Kili’s face which read “what?” and shook her head “He doesn’t like dwarves.” She stated “oh and how do you know?” Kili asked as Beorn snorted “He told me” She said Kili shook his head. Beorn lowered his body and Pansy climbed on she held out her hand to Kili “come on Beorn says you too may ride” Kili Grinned up at Pansy and took her hand, grasping it tightly her grip instantly loosening as he felt he blood seeping through her wraps. He frown lightly as he nestled himself behind her.

“oh” Pansy gasped lightly as Kili’s arms fell around her waist in a firm hold. Her heart thumped loudly in her chest, and she could feel her ears turning red. Pushing away her embarrassment she gripped Beorn’s Fur. “Ready little halfling?” Beorn asked, Pansy nodded “yes, when you are” she reply stammering slightly Beorn shook his head “cubs” he murmured before heaving his great body into a run. Beorn was large but very fast as he bounded through the forests, carefully weaving through the trees. A large smile came to Pansy’s face as she could feel the wind pick up her hair gradually as Beorn’s speed went up, “whoa!” Kili gasped in laughter surprised at the creatures speed. Pansy laughed “go Beorn go!” she called out in a giggle, “ah ha!” Kili threw his hands up in the air, “Kili be careful!” Pansy called as he swayed a bit, she instinctively grabbed his arm and put it back around her waist so he would not fall. Both fell silent. she looked down at her hand over his arm, her mouth slightly open. “oh” she thought blushing deeply. Kili still had one arm in the arm, slowly it started to lower as he watched Pansy’s back , he could feel how warm her hand felt and his other arm dropped limp at his side, the breath taken away from him and slowly a smile formed on his face “bold” he thought chuckling inwardly.

Beorn growled and his eyes darted from side to side. Pansy snapped out of her shock as she followed the movements of the bear’s head. to her left, closing in where two wargs, “at your right!” Kili called, one warg was to their right. “Fire Kili!” Pansy called out in fear as the canine’s snapped at Beorn. Kili wasted little time, took up his bow and aimed, quickly shooting down the warg to the right. with a loud yelp it crumpled to the ground, pawing at the arrow lodged into it’s muzzle. Kili went to take aim at the two to the left.

A loud furious howl rattled the air, looking behind them, Pansy could spot him, a large white warg and astride him, Azog. “K-Kili!” She stammered as he shot down one of the sidelong wargs. Kili whipped around, his eyes locked with Azog’s, and he held his breath. “Beorn you must go faster!” Pansy called shaking Beorn’s fur. “hold on!” he called speeding up, panting heavily, he wove erratically though the trees. Kili turned his body so his back rested against Pansy’s and fired at Azog and his warg pack. a few dropped to the ground, but Azog, he just could not hit him. “I thought they were afraid of the bear?!” Kili called out calmly, he could feel Pansy’s frightened breathing, he could not let on to her, that this could be very bad. “I thought they were!” Pansy called out. “we are getting Farther from the house” she whispered as from her side through the trees she could see the hut becoming smaller. “trust me” Beorn urged, and Pansy nodded and gripped his fur.

Thorin gave a troubled sigh as he tore his eyes away from the window. His eyes landed on Bilbo who too was looking at the window with a worried expression, they then went to Fili who’s eyes were glued to the door. Thorin sighed again and stood up pacing, “the sun is going to be going down soon” He grunted “Kili will find her do not worry just yet” gandalf spoke, Thorin stopped and huffed rolling his eyes slightly “I should have never let him go” He said lowly “not alone” Fili muttered “Aye, we all should have went” Balin sighed. Bilbo gazed out the window fiddling with a small golden trinket in his coat pocket.

Beorn had stopped, he had gotten them a great Distance from the wargs. “get down, head to the house on your own, they will follow me for a while if I stay ahead of them as a distraction” Beorn said to Pansy. She shook her head “but we can not abandon you to them” she reasoned, Kili watched the two grumble and growl to each other in confusion. “They will stop following me when they see you have gone, it will only take a while so you must move fast” Beorn instructed, Pansy frowned and scrunched up her face, but nodded firmly. she hesitated before rushing to hug the bear, Beorn was taken by surprise , but lowered his head over her shoulders in return. Pansy let go and grabbed Kili’s hand “come on lets go!” she called running away “wait? whats happening?” Kili asked her glancing back at Beorn “He is giving us time to get back to the hut, he will draw them away” Pansy explained, Kili nodded and watched Pansy as they ran. Had she gotten faster? It greatly seemed like it. But now was not the time to focus on that, they needed to make it to the hut.

A loud bamming came at the door of the refuge Thorin and company had taken. The dwarves jumped and took on defensive stances. “who do you think it is?” Ori asked “or what do you think it is” Dwalin corrected. Thorin watched the door leering at it. “Open up!” Kili’s voice called muffled on the other side. “Please hurry!” Pansy called out to. “P-Pansy! it’s them, it’s them!” Bilbo cheered pushing through the dwarves with Thorin following after him, the two heaved open the large wooden door and their two friends rushed in. Pansy and Kili fell to the floor, panting, wheezing and completely worn out, hands still laced together. Thorin’s eyes fell on their hands, gripped tightly. Fili watched them from behind Thorin, he saw it too, and a smile formed on his face. he pushed past his uncle and stood before the collapsed pair “well I’m guess that rescue went well” he laughed, Kili grinned back up at him and gave a short chuckle “eh” he sang lifting his head up a bit and tilting it “it wasn’t all so so bad” he managed before collapsing back on the ground. “speak for yourself!” Pansy peeped propping up on her elbows she looked at her feet “I hope Beorn’s ok” she said in a whisper. “The bear help you?” Bilbo asked Pansy looked to him and smiled “he’s really nice, just look terrifying” Pansy said. Gandalf smiled to himself “well rest up, I suspect out Host will join us in the morning.” He warned, at the wizards word the party began to make ready for bed.

Pansy found she was much more tired than she had thought as after managing to make herself a place to lay, she found it hard to keep her eyes open. She watched Fili and Kili chat with Ori and Oin about dwarvish things. her eye lids fluttered half closed and then open again. she fought most of her sleep. “Clunk, clunk, clunk” the sound of heavy feet passing behind her. Pansy turned slightly and looked up, deliriously sleepy. “Rest while you can little baggins the road from here is long” Thorin advised, Pansy turned over with a bit of trouble and watched him make a place for himself to lay a few paces away. “I’m not sleepy” She said, Thorin snickered inwardly “is that so” He asked dryly glancing at the struggling Hobbit girl “because you look as if you are sleep talking from where I stand” He mused a small smirk on his face. Pansy shook her head, she wanted to glare but she didn’t have it in her. “I am not” She muttered “My eyes just, need some resting” she reason “righten, rest them” Thorin could not suppress his chuckle this time and Pansy puffed up “You’re having fun at me!” she called Thorin shook his head and laid down himself “Go to bed little Baggins” He ordered, turning his back to her. “Hey! I was talking, I was!” Pansy called out, Thorin smiled a bit but didn’t move. Soon Pansy fell Silent. Turning to look over his shoulder Thorin could see her sleeping soundly, He exhaled and shook his head lightly “Halflings” he muttered “they are something, stubborn creatures even in their sleep” Gandalf mused, Thorin fell silent, she turned back around ignoring the fact that he had been watched. Gandalf smiled and puffed on his pipe, “urh hurmh” He murmured between puffs, with that all knowning glimmer in his eyes.