Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Concerning Hobbits

Thranduil King of Mirkwood

“kill them, Kill them” Pansy could hear as she slowly came to. It was hard to see the world beyond the webs she was stuck in. But she could still make out lots of giant spiders, excitedly going from dwarf to dwarf checking on their catches. “will the juices are still fresh!” one called. Soon a spider came up to her web, looking into its large black eyes Pansy screamed at the very top of her lungs the spider screeched and backed up “this one goes first, noise scrawny not even a mouthful!” it hissed. Pansy’s heart beat fast in her chest. She tried to reach her dagger but she was so tightly bound she couldn’t move. “Oi! Leave her alone! Get back from her!” Kili called out struggling in his webbing. “they are a feisty bunch” one of the spiders said.

Another crawled over Bifur, who was hanging upside down, swinging his feet he managed to kick the spider away. The spider screeched “the kill is alive and kicking we must eat them now!” He called. “please stop this let my friends go!” Pansy said trying to reason with one. While everyone else heard strange clicking sounds coming from her. “it speaks with us!” the spider gasped. “we must kill it now before it knows too much!” it hissed coming closer. Pansy fought against the webs but it wasn’t any use. They were stronger than usual spider webs and far more sticky.

“w-wait please, I don’t taste good, even trolls couldn’t eat me!” she said quickly. Sure it wasn’t entirely true, the trolls could eat her, they just never got the chance to. “oh where is Gandalf!” she thought. Several spiders went to wrap up Bifur more tightly chanting “feast, feast” Hungrily. Pansy closed her eyes as the spider opened up its mouth and flexed its fangs as if to bite her. “Pansy! No!” Kili called fighting in his webs.

There was a thud in the distance, “what is it?” the spiders asked in unison, turning their attention away from their meal preparations “what is it?” he said scuttling away after the sound. Pansy sighed heavily in relief. All that is but one, who stood over Bombur, it had a deep voice “fat and juice, just like I like it!” it said happily as he got closer “just a little taste!” it said. Pansy shook her head “no, Bombur! You leave him alone! Get away!” She called out, failing so much she fell free from the tree trunk and to the side. She found herself looking down at a long drop below.

Suddenly, the Spider started screeching in pain, and moved as if something was hitting it, Pansy could not see a thing attacking the spider and yet somehow it was bleeding. “is it the voice?” Pansy wondered, “no” the airy voice said. “I wish I did have such abilities to help” it added. “then what?” Pansy asked as she watched one of the spiders legs fall clean off as if sliced. It screamed “curses, curses, where is it, where is it!” it called in frustration.

In a blink, out of nowhere before the spider appeared...

“Bilbo!” Pansy gasped “right here” he said, faintly through the webs Pansy could see him holding something small in his hands, but she could not see what. And with that, he plunged his sword into the Spiders face. It screamed “stings!” it cried out in agony “it stings!” it shouted. “you get him Bilbo! Give the old nasty what for!” Pansy cheered. Stopping quickly as she felt herself tilting off the tree branch, she found it best to be as still as possible. Bilbo flung the spider off of his blade tip and off the branches. It fell with a loud thud. “sting” Bilbo said “it's a good name”

Pansy cleared her throat “yes, yes but over here! Help!” She called. Bilbo ran to her and caught her web before she had a chance to tilt off the branch he cut her free. Pansy threw her arms around him “thank you, Bilbo! What luck!” she cried with joy. Bilbo smiled patted her head. “right let's go free the others” he said, Pansy pulled out her dagger and the two split up cutting the dwarves free. “you’re alright!” Kili called as he climbed free of his webs, he hugged Pansy and ruffled her hair. “yes, yes I am fine, but the others!” she said desperately as her face turned scarlet he bent over and kissed the top of her head before darting off to help release his comrades. Pansy froze mouth open and even redder. “oh” she breathed.

Shaking her head she ran off to finish cutting everyone free.

They fell from their hanging web estrangements and through various levels of long web beds which aided them a safe landed to the ground levels. Pansy and Kili climbed down after them helping pull them free from the excess webs. Pansy pulled the webs off of Thorin and smiled. “Dwalin was right we do seem to have a bit of luck with us” she said to him Thorin nodded and got to his feet, the Spiders could be heard making a quick return, and furious with what had happened. “were is Bilbo?” Ori asked. “up here I am up here!” Bilbo called out. Pansy looked up to see a spider lung at him taking him off the branch and headed to the ground. “Bilbo!” she called out, running towards where he was falling. But as she darted past Kili, he grabbed her arm and pulled her close “no wait! They are coming!” he said aiming his bow. Pansy looked up to seen many spiders rushing at them “b-but Bilbo!” she said looking back. “he saved us, and survived goblins mister Baggins will be fine, run!” Kili advised. Pansy teared up but, but Kili was right, Bilbo had done some incredible things lately, and they would always come back after defeating the spiders. So she nodded and followed after Kili.

Dwalin swung as a spider with his axe, splitting his head in half it fell dead, that one down and Pansy was surprised with how easily it actually had been for him. They all seemed to be fighting better than they had the first attack. It would have seemed that the forest spell had worn off of them. Dwalin swung at another while Thorin slashed his sword at a Spider lunging for Dwalin who was busy. “help me fire!” Kili ordered as he took aim and stance, Pansy tried to mimic him with her crossbow “when I say so” he said.

A Spider glided down the webs from the sky over Oin. “fire!” Kili said and the two let their arrows fly, both hit the spider and it fell to the ground, Oin finished it off. “I did it!” Pansy cheered looking up at Kili with a grin. “very good! Now do it about 5 more times” He said with a chuckle running ahead. Pansy watched him with wide eyes “5 more times!” she called after him is disbelief.

A spider had gotten Bombur and stood over him chomping it’s pitchers at him. “grab a leg!” Bofur called as he, Thorin, Balin, Dwalin, Ori, Pansy, Kili, and Fili grabbed a leg. “pull!” Bofur called out, and with that, the 8 of them pulled with all their might. And with a gushing pop the legs were torn from the spiders body. “yuck!” Pansy called covering her mouth at the sight of the bug juice everywhere. “come on” Kili said slapping her shoulder lightly with the back of his hand “this way!” he said, Pansy nodded readied her bow and followed.

Pansy went to take aim with Kili at a Spider attacking Balin “Dori get him!” Thorin ordered in regards to another spider, Kili fired at the one after Balin but as Pansy went to release her arrow she found herself knocked to the ground, pitchers snapping in her face she screamed at the top of her lungs. “Pansy!” Kili called, swinging his bow onto his back and reaching for his sword. Fili jumped down from a root and plunged his axe into the spider, Kili ran and slashed at it after, he fell dead. “Pansy” Kili breathed in relief reaching a hand down to her. But she shook her head “no, no , nono, no ! Behind you! Look behind you!” she called out pointing. Kili turned around and slashed out his sword, cutting the spider, he slashed at it again. Pansy got to her feet and fired at it.

A Spider used it’s leg and knocked Pansy a good distance away, she landed on a root with such force it snapped in half. “ahh ha-ow!” she yelped taking her hand she touched her lip to see blood coming from it. Painfully she struggled to get to her feet. A spider wrapped its legs around Kili who tried to run to her but Fili quickly got after it. It seemed like it was an never ending amount of spiders, one wave after another. While she was looking around hopelessly a spider grabbed her with his pitchers from behind, she went to scream but webs quickly shot over her mouth. “No!” she thought, trying to swing at it with her danger as she dropped her bow. “Pansy!” Ori called out. Seeing the spider slide back up into the sky on a web with her in tow. “where?” Thorin called “up there!” Ori pointed. Fili ran and grabbed her bow and tried to take aim. “I..I’ll shoot her I can’t get a clear shot!” he said tucked her cross now onto his back to keep it safe.

Pansy kicked her legs and flailed about with muffled screams. She tore at the web on her face “Thorin!” she called out reaching out her hands but she was much too high. Thorin looked about for a way to reach her when another large spider dropped down before him. He readied his blade to strike.

Down from the tree tops, with great speed came a green blur. It sliced at spiders with agility like Pansy had never seen. Taking her capture down and tucking her under its arm all at once, Pansy gasped as she was tossed to the ground from a safe level. Rolling, she looked up to see it was a man, and he slid under the spider nearing Thorin and slashed it’s underbelly before hopping up and aiming a bow at Thorin and the dwarves. However, she could not see more than that as she rolled down a slope landing with a hard thud on a spider. “Pansy!” Kili called with joy as it ad been about to attack him.Pansy blinked several times she could not gather what was going on. A sharp pain lingered between her shoulder blades where the spider had grabbed her. She looked up at Kili and screamed “Behind you!” he turned but not fast enough and it grabbed his feet dragging him.

“Kili!” Pansy called grabbing her dagger she rushed the spider, but it easily flung her away and she hit a tree trunk. With a loud cry as the pain surged through her already insured back. “ngh” Pansy groaned “Pansy!” Kili called kicking off the spider. “Kili!” Fili called out seeing his brother in trouble. Kili rushed Pansy’s spider but a second one dropped down and cornered him. Pansy tried to push the pain aside and gripped her dagger and ran at the two spiders. But once again while attack the spider knocked her back and her nubs lost grip on the blade. It flung to the side.

Pansy looked at her hands, finding them more and more useless now. She looked up with tear as the spiders started to surround Kili and herself. “stay with me” he said pulling her closer but he had no weapon as all of his had been spent. His sword flung from him and both his bow and Pansy’s were out of arrows.

A spider screeched in a pain, and then another, several arrows whizzed by the two of them. Looking back Pansy could see an elf woman sliding on a spider across the ground firing and slashing through the others as she went. She was fast, and graceful, and very skilled. There wasn’t an ounce of fear on her face and it looked as if it was just a dance to her. Kili looked from the elf to the spider coming closer to them. “throw me your dagger! Quick!” He called as she slain yet another spider “if you think I will be giving you a weapon dwarf you are mistaken!” she shouted as she quickly turned and threw her dagger into the head of the spider coming at the Hobbit and Dwarf. Kili watched it land dead center of the spider with wide eyes. Pansy did too she turned to look at the Elf woman with mouth ajar, the elf looked pleased with herself. She looked up and two elves came and snatched Kili and Pansy away. Kili stole a last look back at the She-elf while Pansy stole a look at Kili who was still clearly impressed.

Pansy was lined up next to Fili and Bifur as the elves searched their weapons and took them. The elf searched Pansy eyed her intensely, it was the same look the elves of Rivendell had even her. She side glanced, and looked over to Kili who was watching the Elf woman as she talked with the Elf who had saved Pansy from the spider. Pansy felt like she had to breathe manually as she noticed this and quickly turned away, she looked t the ground eyes darting. “what's the matter?” she asked herself. Fili watched Pansy and then turned to look at his brother. He frowned a bit and then looked back down at Pansy. But his attention was grabbed as the Elf searching him found another weapon which her though he had hidden pretty well. Fili rolled his eyes.

Once all weapons were taken, The elves gather Pansy and company together. She watched as The one who saved her, examined Thorin’s elvish sword. He spoke in elvish but he seemed impressed. “were did you get this?” he finally asked in common tongue. Thorin watched him silently. “it was given to me” Thorin said. The Elf looked at him for a second, and then pointed the sword to Thorin’s neck. “not just a thief but a liar as well” He said as Thorin gazed down at the blade. “hey!” Pansy said pushing her way through, she stood in front of Thorin and swatted the blade away. “He speaks the Truth!” she said leering. The elf looked down at her annoyed. “sort of, more like found” Pansy thought to herself. The Elf gave a loud command in elvish and his men ushered the dwarves along. “where’s Bilbo?” Bofur whispered as he passed Thorin, Thorin looked around while the lead Elf bound Pansy’s hands and then pushed her along with the rest.

Pansy followed along quietly watching Kili’s back ahead of her. “ of course anyone would have been in pressed the skill the elves shown back there was amazing” she thought to herself, “ after all I was impressed too” she reasoned. “it was more than I would hope to be capable of” Pansy looked down at her hands “ if I hadn’t gotten caught everyone else could have helped Kili, or I could have” she thought. Leering at her hands “but how much use am I with these?” she asked herself in a mutter. Fili eyed her carefully and sighed.

Pansy never looked up as the elves lead them along. But she could hear birds and rushing water the sounds of life again finally. It seemed like a whole new forest. Fili frowned as he noticed she was not looking around in wonder as much as she used to, he looked to his brother, whom had his eyes glued to the red haired elf. They crossed a stone bridge to a large stone gate. Pansy could feel the sunlight on her skin and see the rushing waters below and as nice as it felt, she still felt terrible inside. The Elves ushered them through the large gates and their leader shouted something in Elvish. But Pansy paid it all little mind as they entered the large dim cavern based castle.

The elves pushed the dwarves into cells, Pansy listen to all of them protest, but she stayed quiet as the elf leader guided her into a sell. He looked her up and down and noted the troubled look on her face. But he noted something else. “you don not look like a dwarf” He said, in fact, he found she looked like some, tiny, less polished elf Pansy didn’t answer him instead her eyes wandered to the Elf woman who was locking Kili up as he looked around to see the others being searched a few more times. An elf found another Dagger in Fili’s furs. “are you not going to search me?” Pansy heard Kili asked. “I could have anything down my trousers” He added. Pansy blushed scarlet and then puffed out her cheeks, and turned her back to everyone leering into the darkness of the cave cell. The Elf leader looked from her to Kili and raised his head a bit. The elf woman walked up to the Leader and he spoke to her in elvish his voice was sharp as if offended in some way as he questioned her. Pansy peeked at them over her shoulder. The Elf Woman replied to him and a small smile came to her face as she quickly brushed by him. He then said something in a heavily pointed tone after her watching her go. He then turned and looked down at Pansy who watch him intently as he then turned and leered at Kili through the cell bars. Kili glanced up at him and returned the gaze. Pansy bit her lip and side glanced at the ground. “are you not going to lock the gate behind me?” she asked in a downtrodden way. The elf gathered a key and went to shut the door when another else with dark hair came up behind him and whispered.

The leader nodded him off and turned to Pansy putting away his key “you are fortunate the king wishes to speak with you” He said reaching in to grab her arm he pulled her roughly to him “or maybe not so fortunate” He added darkly, Pansy looked up at him with wide slightly fearful eyes. Kili watching this stood up “hey! Where are you taking her!” he called out grasping the bars as he watched the Elf lead Pansy away. “hey! Answer me!” he called shaking the bars but they had already vanished around a cave corner.

Pansy was brought to a platform and there she saw A beautifully adorned Elven Man talking to Thorin. Pansy looked up at the Elf that led her and then to the King, she gasped and pointed at the elf. And then looked to the king. But he didn’t answer her unvoiced question and left. Pansy walked to Thorin’s side. He looked very annoyed with the Elf King so much so he took no notice of Pansy.but the Elf King saw her, he raised and brow and looked her up and down, as if he had found something very valuable. “you seek to take back the one thing that would give you the right to rule, the Kings Jewel” The elf said continuing his conversation but side glanced at Pansy who hide behind Thorin. The king was beautiful, almost as beautiful as the elf Galadriel who had tried to heal her wounds. But unlike her he was frightening as well, some darkness lingered in the back of his eyes. “the Arkenstone” He finished slowly turning his gaze back to Thorin who looked away from the king's eyes.

“it is precious to you beyond measure” The king said with a crooked smile, Thorin’s eyes wandered up to Pansy, looked at her from head to toe with grave eyes. “I understand that” The King said airily his smile growing and then fading “there are gems in the mountain that I do desire” He said “white gems, of pure starlight” he said, “I offer you my help, I will let you go, if you but return to me what is mine” He said closing his eyes mocking humility but Pansy could tell through every move he made that he had none. She scrunched up her nose in distaste. Thorin looked to her and smirked at her reaction being giving a nasty smile to The Elf King. He crossed his arms behind his back and paced behind Pansy “A favor for a Favor,” Thorin muttered “You have my word, from King to King” The Elf King said. Pansy eyed Thorin cautiously as he stopped, his back was to her but she could see the side of his face. She could see anger etching it was on it. He gripped his hands tighter. “I would not trust Thranduil King the great king!” Thorin shouted bitterly turning his gaze away from the elven halls. Pansy jumped at the sudden shout “to honor his word, should the end of all days be upon us!” Thorin shouted. Pansy watched him with wide eyes and he turned to face The King, Thranduil, who’s eyes were wide with shock as well.

“for you Lack all Honor!” Thorin shouted pointing accusingly at him, Pansy timidly reached out to grab his arm, and calm him down but he swatted her away. “ I have seen how you treat your friends” he said bitterly, voice still raised but no longer shouting as he walked closer to Thranduil. “we came to you once starving, homeless! Seeking your help And you turned you back!” He said standing before him. “you turned your back at the suffering of my people!” Thorn said beating himself on the heart. Pansy crept up quietly behind him. “ and the inferno that destroyed us!” He shouted, Pansy grabbed his arm and pulled him back a bit just as Thranduil lunged forward. “do not talk to me of Dragon fire!” he hissed “ I Know it’s wrath and ruin!” he hissed. His face then contorted in pain, and slowly the side of his face began to melt away before their eyes. Pansy drew in a deep breath and covered her mouth in horror, the side of his face, was scorched down to the bone. She could see his jaw, and teeth, pink raw flesh everywhere else, his eye capped over a milky white. “I have faced the great serpents of the north!” he spat stand up at full height and backing away, his eyes fell on Pansy who had turned her head away hiding it in Thorin’s shoulder.

He looked at Thorin with scorn “I warned your grandfather of what his riches would summon, but he would not listen” He said through squinted eyes. He turned his back to them and walked up the wooden steps to his throne, made of an old tree. With a wave of Thranduil’s hand, guards game and gathered Thorin up, he held out his other hand and stopped them from taking Pansy along too. “stay here a hundred years if you want and rot!” Thranduil called out as they drug Thorin away. “wait, wait!” Pansy called going after him but two more guards held her in place. “Thorin!” she called out as he fought against them. “one hundred years is a mere blink of an eye in the life of an elf” Thranduil called. “let go of him!” Pansy called out to the guards in vain. “I’m patient, I can wait” he said softly. Pansy whirled around and leered up at him and he turned a deep gaze down upon her.