Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Concerning Hobbits

Moonlight

Pansy hide behind Nori and Bilbo as the group hide behind a boat in the cover of night, avoiding the eyes of two watchmen patrolling the town. “shhh quiet” Dwalin ordered as the group murmured. “we make straight for the mountain as soon as we have our weapons” Thorin ordered “now go, go” He ushered. Pansy watched where Fili, Kili, Bifur, Bombur, and Gloin has made a dwarf stairway to the second-floor window of the armory. Nori got a running start and climbed up them to the window. “next, go!” Thorin whispered pushing Bilbo along and he to did the same. “Pansy” Thorin said and Pansy went next but stopped just short of the dwarfs. Thorin rolled his eyes “what's wrong?” He asked. “I can’t very well just step on them” she said apologetically. “you aren’t heavy, go ahead!” Gloin said. Kili raised his head as the lowest stair “really go on” he said. Pansy shrugged and ran up the dwarfs.

Once all inside, Pansy helped the gather a variety of swords and axes. Pansy grabbed a flail and marveled at it, she had never seen one in person. She took it off the wall and handed it to Kili, but he looked to be struggling with the weight of the weapons he was already carrying. She laid it on the others carefully and gave him a weak smile. Thorin looked to Pansy and Kili as he put another sword on Kili’s stack. Kili grunted as his leg felt like it would buckle. “are you alright?” Thorin asked. Kili eyed Thorin and then the clearly worried Pansy “i can manage” he said. Pansy frowned “that is not what he asked” she said, Kili gave her a warning glance as if to say let it go. “lets just get out of here” Kili said, Thorin nodded and rested another sword in Kili’s arms, Pansy picked another Flail and handed it to Dwalin.

Kili took the first step down the stairs, and his wounded leg finally gave out. With a yell, he tumbled down. Pansy nearly jumped out of her skin as she and other turned to see what had happened. “oh!” she gasped, darting for the stairs. Kili fell with a great commotion, metal Clanging all the way down. “Kili!” Pansy called looking down the steps outside the cries of guards could be heard. “are you alright?” Pansy asked checked to see if he had impaled himself. He looked up the step at her and nodded before listening out for the guards. “run!” Dori called Pansy rushed down the stairs and pulled free her dagger, before going to help Kili up. but it was too late, the guards and watchmen had already rushed in holding swords to the companies necks. Once snatched Pansy up by her arms as she kicked her feet in protest. “let me loose!” she called.

“you’re hurting my arm!” Pansy called up to the watchman that had her as she and the others were drug through the city. The villagers looked on and a crowd had formed as they were led to a large building in the center of town. Pansy felt that this was becoming all too common of a theme for them. The guards pushed them together and finally let them go. Pansy glared at her guard with her bottom lip poked out as she rubbed her sour arm. “what's going on! What's the meaning of this!” The master of Laketown called as he rushed out of the hall.

“we caught ‘em stealin’ weapons sire” said one of the guards. “ah! Enemies of the state eh?” The Master said. “a desperate bunch of mercenaries if ever there were sire!” said Alfred. “hold you tongue!” Dwalin said stepping fourth from the crescent shape line the company had made. “you do not know to whom you speak!” Dwalin spat, The Master leaned forward a bit with interest “this is no common criminal!” he hissed “This is Thorin! Son of Thrain! Son of Thror!” Dwalin called out as he , Balin and Bilbo ushered him to the front of them out of the shadows where he had lingered. The master looked up wide widening and the villagers murmured among themselves. Thorin touched Dwalin’s shoulder in thanks. “we are the dwarves of Erebor” Thorin spoke up clearly,over the murmurs. “we have come to reclaim out homeland” He said eyes unwavering from The Master. Thorin took more steps forward, looking around “I remember this town in the great days of old” he said “Fleets of boats lay at harbor built with silks and fine gems” he said looking now over the villagers. “This was no forsaken town on a lake” Thorin closed his fist and shook it “this was the center of trade in the north!” he called out and the Villagers cheered at the almost forgotten memory. Pansy looked around her at the people and their faces. “I would see those day return!” he called out. “I would relight the great forges of the dwarves and send wealth and riches flowing once more! From the halls of Erebor!” the people cheered louder than before, Thorin turned to look back at The Master who now seemed highly intrigued. Pansy watched Thorin with a wide smile on her face. More and more, he falling into his rightful place, more and more he was changing from the man she had seen with such hopeless eyes gleaming in the night on the mountain side. “death!” a voice cried out.

“that is what you will bring us!” Bard called pushing through the crowd. Thorin turned to face him, his eyes nearly snarling at the Bargeman. “dragon fire and ruin” Bard hissed stepping into the center, standing before Thorin. “if you waken that beast it will destroy us all” Bard spoke softer now as the crowd fell silent. Thorin’s eyes fell on Pansy who though her smile was gone still held wonderment and hope in her eyes. “you can listen to this naysayer” Thorin said their gazes locked as he talked to the villagers around him. His tone became sincere as he took his eyes away from her and looked over all the faces of Laketown “if we succeed, all will share in the wealth of the mountain” He said taking a step forward. The crowd slowly started the cheered and rejoice again. Balin watched Thorin with pride, “you will have enough gold to build again Esgaroth ten times over!” Thorin called out in a rally and the people cheered that much louder, The Master of Laketown’s mouth curled in an ill-mannered greed filled smile.

“all of you!, listen to me!” Bard called out pleading with the villagers. “ Please you must listen!” they fell silent “have you forgotten what happened to Dale?” Bard asked. The villagers murmured, “have you forgotten about those who died int he firestorm!” Bard called out some shook their heads, “and for what purpose!” Bard called turning to Thorin “for the blind ambitions of a mountain king?” he said spitefully, Thorin turned his head. And Pansy felt a surge of anger rush through her body. The floors of the floating city pulsed and the waves beneath it rumbled. Bilbo looked at the ground to see it swaying. Pansy clenched her fights tightly. “so riddled by greed that he could not see beyond his own desire!” Bard called out. In the distanced a wave splashed onto the docked streets, and the ground swayed that much more as Pansy’s fish shook. “you shush your tongue! You futile little-!” Pansy growled taking a step towards Bard, Glaring. Bilbo looked away from the moving floor and grabbed pansy’s wrist drawing her back “no, pansy!” he called but she yanked herself free in the very instant he did. Bard turned to face her, meet her glare with his own. “Now! Now!” The Master called out gathering all’s attention. “we must not, any of us, be so quick to throw blame!” he called with a smile. “remember and let us not forget that it was Girion, lord of Dale,” The Master leaned forward, and pointed to Bard nearly laughing “Your ancestor, who failed to kill the beast!” The master said. “hmm!” he added jeeringly. Bard cast his eyes down and Thorin’s eye lighted wit revelation. That was why he had been so defensive.

The villagers began to talk loudly, Bard’s eyes darted to all the whispers surrounding him. “its true sire, we all know the story!” Alfred said. “arrow, after arrow he shot, each one missin’ it’s mark” Alfred said. Pansy looked up to Bard who watched Alfred with disdain. Girion, it all sounded too much like her. She glanced at Kili, and his wounded leg, it replayed in her mind. How each arrow she shot missed, not hitting until Bolg had already fired. Pansy could recall it to vividly and shut her eyes turning her head away from him. Kili raised a brow at her in confusion. Bilbo looked down at the planks on the floor and saw they had calmed down, and the waves could no longer he heard in the distance.

Bard walked slowly to Thorin looking down at him, brows knitted together in a scowl. “you have no right, no right to enter that mountain” Bard said. Pansy opened her eyes and looked to Thorin, sadness gleaming in them, He looked at her and then to Bard with resolve and in a deep, steady tone said “I have the only right” just low enough for the two of them to hear. And something about those words were something to be feared. Thorin turned his back to Bard and Looked up to The Master. “I speak to the Master of the men of the lake” He said. “will you see the prophecy fulfilled?” He asked climbing a few of the steps to The Master’s manor. Bard following behind him, leering at The Master. “will you share in the wealth of our people?” Thorin asked.

All was quiet under the lightly falling snow, and in the dim torch light in the night all eyes were on The Master as he looked upon Thorin deep in thought, weighing is situation. And slowly he started to nod his head and a crooked smile came to face, showing corn yellow rat-like teeth in his small mouth. “what say you?” Thorin asked. “I say unto you” The Master said pointing a wagging finger. “Welcome!” he shouted throwing out his arms “welcome!” he said said as the people cheered. “and thrice, welcome!” The Master said. Pansy beamed and drew in a deep breath. “King Under the Mountain!” The cheered. The crowd roared and celebrated. Thorin turned to face everyone, Pansy grinned and ran forward pushing passed Bard she stood on the first step of the stairs and looked up to Thorin, as he watched her she gave a smaller smile and bowed her head slightly with giving a low curtsy and she held it for a moment before standing again. Thorin smiled at and a slightly tilted bow of his head.

The Master of Laketown held a Private Feast for the Dwarves, and prepared them rooms in his Manor. Pansy watched her company eat and be merry while she talked with Kili, Fili, Ori and Bofur, slightly tipsy as she giggled with the conversation. Thorin’s eyes lingered on her nearly the whole time. Was now the time? Would he have another chance?

Thorin looked to Balin who had been watching him, and Dwalin at his side. Finally looking to Dori who have a nod. Thorin stood up from his seat and walked around the table “you see me outside?” he asked or rather ordered Pansy as he walked by her. She watched him exit the dining hall and glanced at Kili and Fili with worry as if asking them why he wanted to see her. They both shrugged, “you’d better go” Bofur said, Pansy looked to Ori who nodded. Fili gave her a supportive pat on the back before she got out of her seat and exited the hall as well.

Outside of the Dinning Hall near the entrance to the manor by the large stain glass window, Thorin stood looking up at the designs, his hands folded behind his back. Pansy went to him with timid steps “you wanted to see me?” she asked. Thorin turned to looked down upon her with a very serious look in his eyes. “yes” he breathed, Pansy froze “am-am I in trouble? Did I do something wrong?” she asked slowly. Thorin shook his head “no” he said softly. “then?” Pansy asked as he took a step closer to her, closing the gap between them. Pansy became frozen as he reached out his hand and touched her cheek lightly with his fingertips. “Thorin?” she questioned “soon, I will have taken back Erebor and claim what is mine” He said removing his fingers from her cheek. Pansy shivered. “I have nothing to offer you now for my thanks” he said, turning his back to her to look at the stain glass. “but I will soon, and more so.” he turned back to face her. “could you return to Shire, after all that has happened?” he asked. Before letting him finish Pansy started to panic “n- wait! You-you won’t, you aren’t going to send me back now are you?” she asked tears coming to her eyes. Thorin smiled slightly and with his thumb wiped the straying tear from her eye before it fell “no, I am asking if you will stay at my side when all is over” he spoke softly. Pansy’s eyes grew beyond imagine and her mouth closed tightly. She drew in a deep slow breath and forgot how to exhale. Thorin searched her eyes. “well?” He asked her. Pansy searched his eyes and chewed on her bottom lip. “I-” she started but couldn’t find words.

“You have show great Loyalty and Honor” he said looked down at her “I can offer you a willing heart, and soon I can offer you all that you desire” He said. Pansy watched him cautiously she then shut her eyes and lowered her head “You think I am the daughter of Yavanna too? Is this what this is? Another proposal to the child of the moon? I am not her” Pansy said. “I do not care, for any Elven deity or fables” he said in deep distaste “I care” he voice became gentle “for the halfling, who stumbled in drunkenly from the Shire” at his soft words Pansy’s eyes shot open and a deep blush crossed her face. Thorin chuckled and brushed back a lock of her hair “as you almost are now” he said even softer, closing the gap between them even more.

A great clang came from t he dining hall. Both King and Halfling looked up quickly to the doors, only to hear laughter from inside. Pansy sighed and turned back to face Thorin. “you do not care that I cannot properly fight? That I am terribly slow, afraid of everything, ungraceful, small and scrawny?” Pansy asked looking at her feet, and in her mind, all she could picture was Tauriel who was her polar opposite and her heart ached with a deep throbbing pain. Recalling Kili, in both the way he gazed at Tauriel and how pansy herself had failed him back at the river. And There it hit her heart like a tone of bricks as she looked at the ground. Thranduil’s question. “it’s Kili” She thought,tears welling into her eyes. She remembered her first crossbow lesson how her face heated up as he had gotten so close guiding her posture with his own body, how warm he was. She remembered how he saved her from the attacking warg, how he stood up for her back at the Shire when this all started. The playful look he had given her when she first laid eyes on Rivendell, the look that had made her breath and heart stop. Recalling every time he had save her, made her smile, every time he had laughed. The prickly feelings in her stomach and the tightness of her chest when he looked at Tauriel. The pain of how well they seemed to get along and almost instantly. She remembered in all in that one moment and her heart cracked just a little. “oh” she thought feeling water well into her eyes she shut them tight, “but” she could clearly see Tauriel’s face. “how could he ever return what I feel?” she thought. “Pansy?” Thorin called softly bringing her out of her thoughts. She looked up at him with tears in her eyes.

“have I not told you, those things, you are not. Not any longer.” Thorin said sternly. He took her head in his hand and rubbed her cheek with his thumb. “you are very strong for such a little thing, and have shown me that some of the greatest of treasures are in the smallest of dwellings” he said. “ I have fought myself long enough, and I could not turn you back if I tried” Thorin paused and lowered his head to hers “you belong in no Shire, Elven hall or Sky” he said and in a deep low voice he inched his face closer “you belong at my side” he said. Pansy searched his eyes, and she could not make her brain function as she wanted it to, she had too much wine in her and was far too emotional with her new realization. But is she was not fit for Kili, might she be able to love Thorin? It was no lie that she had felt drawn to him, tied to him, by some strange string of fate, bound. How frightened she felt while watching him fight Azog, protecting him to the point of losing half of each hand. The horrible feelings in her chest as she watched him lie limp in the talons of the great eagles.

She searched his eyes, there was only one way to know, and be it her emotions or the wine, she found she could not stop herself as his lips were already mere inches from her face. Pansy stood on her tip-toes and pressed her mouth to his. His hands found her waist and he leaned into their kiss. A shock went down her spine, like a small bolt of lightning had struck her and she shivered. Thorin pulled away and looked down at her with glazed over eyes. Pansy breathed heavily as she looked up into his deep storm like eyes. “I-I don’t know what I am doing I- my feelings, I don’t if what is feel is for you or not-I -I” Pansy stammered looking over her shoulder back at the dining hall and then back at him several times. “I know” Thorin said making her look at him he held her face, “I know, I have seen it” He said his voice slightly hallowed. “but regardless of Kin, I will have what is mine” He said. Pansy lost her breath, and Thorin leaned in again the kiss, this time, longer and deeper. When he pulled away Pansy’s eyes had glazed over.

“I-but I...” she breathed Thorin leaned his forehead against hers and closed his eyes. “we set off for Erebor tomorrow, I will take back the mountain or die trying,” he said. “I know that I am of ill skill at such things and run cold, but because of what may come....tonight, let me show you that I love” He said in a whisper. Pansy melted and nodded. Thorin gathered her into his arms and took her to the spare room.

Thorin rested Pansy in the sheets, and climbed atop of her, clicking off her breastplate he lifted her dress to her belly and slid away his pants. Pansy blushed and looked off as his drawers had been removed. “what are you doing?” her mind questioned as he leaned over her, taking a kiss her pressed her body down onto hers. Her skin seemed to burn from her arms legs and chest. Thorin raised himself up. And rested a hand on her stomach, looking deep into Pansy’s eyes he slowly let his hand glide under the fabric of her dress and to her chest. Now resting on her heart, he could feel it beating calmly in her chest. It was not racing and oddly enough Pansy had to say she felt a calmness over her whole body. Thorin drew in a breath and kissed her again. Slowly, his hand still over his heart it rose and fell with Pansy’s breathing. She pressed her hands to his chest and slid his coat down his arms, Thorin shook it free of him. Removing his hand from her heart, his arms now at either side of her. Pansy played this the ties of his shirt that hung. Thorin watched her, and was suddenly unsure if he could so this, tilting his head, he smiled at her, watching her lay with the strings of his shirt. The act at such a time was almost too innocent for him to bare. But her eyes met his and her silver-blue eyes gleamed as the clouds parted and moonlight poured into the room. Her body slowly became a glow in a hauntingly pure light. It was the game glow that had cast upon her at the crystal table in Rivendell.

Thorin’s breath was stolen from him as he watched her. Pansy’s eyes became slow as she gazed at him, she didn’t look of this earth as she lay there. Her body shivered from the cold but the wine had her skin rosy with color. He couldn’t take it and with one more shiver from her body, he leaned in and pressed his lips to hers. Pansy gasped as his lips felt like burning Iron to her own, in the cold, they felt scorched with heat. Thorin slipped in his tongue and took in the taste that her mouth allowed, and faintly it tasted of sweet wine. He became hungry for her, and deepened the kiss, and Pansy slid her hands behind the thick, heavy, flowing curtain and salt and peppered hair. Wrapping her arms around Thorin’s neck. “forgive me” He whispered as he pulsed against her thigh, her skin soft and cool against him. Pansy’s face turned to scarlet. “i-it is alright” she stammered breathlessly. “ she pushed at his chest and he raised up “please” she said positioning her body and she couldn’t believe herself, she couldn’t believe her behavior. “it must be the wine, I should stop” her thought, but all those terrible feelings were washing away as she was getting lost in a powerful heat that was consuming her body and sense of self.

Thorin’s gaze shifted to moon as more more clouds parted, it’s light bounced off of the stain glass painting on the top of the window and all at once into ten thousand sparks of white radiance She shot with glints of the rainbow bouncing off her skin. The lines of the many lines, made pansy seem like crystal stone in the light. Thorin gripped her arms tightly at either side on her and exhaled as he entered her, no longer against cool outer flesh but, melting warmth surrounded him. He leaned back his head and took deep breaths. Pansy bit her lip and shut her eyes. It hurt, and yet, only for a moment.
He stroked her body with strong gentle hands, leaving her skin cold were his hands left. Pansy opened her eyes and gazed into his. Pansy’s breast ached dully at their peaks as Thorin lean in and planted her neck with soft kissed, his bread prickling lightly against her skin. Her whole body blushed and soon spasmed as he had entered her deeper, and with slow caution thrust.

She gasped, and gripped the sheets, gained he did so slowly, she gripped the sheets tighter and shut her eyes. The waves of the late rose high and crashed against the docks spilling over just a little. A small noise came from Pansy’s mouth, and Thorin went deeper, deeper as if delving into the mines of Erebor, searching. The waves out on the lake crashed more rapidly and higher. Flooding the docked streets. Spraying the air with an icy mist. He was searching for something and as he opened his eyes to gaze down upon her Crystal like body under the moon and stain glass he knew he had found her, and if not her it was her pure equivalent. For he had never seen anything shine quite like that of the Arkenstone, and yet. He gazed at Pansy as she opened her eyes and he knew that she could be nothing less than The Kings Jewel.

The waves out on the lake crashed more rapidly now, mist and ice covered the town, and the docks swayed until the clouds came together once more and darkness covered Laketown beneath the falling snow.

Meanwhile in the Dinning Hall Kili looked around, to see Bofur, and a good many other had fallen asleep, passed out from too much food and wine. “where is Uncle and Pansy? Have they not returned?” He asked. Fili looked to the entrance of the dining hall and squinted. He had a hunch, but he wasn’t sure. Across from them, Balin and Dwalin glanced at each other knowingly. “they are probably talked and are now resting” Balin said. Kili nodded and laughed “she was a bit tipsy, I bet she fell asleep while he was talking, remember the night when we had first met her? Tipsy then too and heavy-lidded” Kili recalled fondly a small smile on his ever paling face. Fili watched his brother and sighed heavily. He had hoped he was wrong and that Kili was right. But the looked on Balin and Dwalin’s faces said otherwise. For what his Uncle claimed as his, was his, and he would let none take it from him. But in Fili’s heart he saw what she was to Kili, and even if his brother could not see it clearly yet, He did. She made him better, he was still reckless, but not so much that it was dangerous. He could both be himself with her and yet a better version of himself. Fili had that back in the Blue Mountains, she waited there for his return, and more than anything he wished for his brother to know the same. But Kili was reckless. The Image of the elf woman’s face lingered in Fili’s mind and he worried. Would Kili’s mere fleeting fascination destroy his chances? Kili gave Fili a questioning stare as he realized his brother had been watching him in deep thought. “Fili?” Kili asked. Fili sighed and slid his cup away from him before getting to his feet. “I am headed to bed” Fili said taking his leave.

On the way to his quarters, Fili checked the room left to Pansy and Bilbo, and there Bilbo lay in his bed, yet the bed left for Pansy was empty.
♠ ♠ ♠
ah yeah, I will apologize for that XD that was an awkward moment and my worst work yet.

luckily it will be not only the first but likely last scene like that in this fic. unless very, very vague.

but I will say Pansy has hit the phase where her character will change (with any luck that I actually stay true to my storyboard)