Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Concerning Hobbits

Far, Far Away

Pansy beat on Bard’s door with great force, he swung it open and peered down at them confused “ no I have had enough of dwarves” he said going to shut the door. Bofur jammed his foot and shoulder in its way stopping him. “no wait no one will help us!” Bofur said hurriedly. Bard looked down to Pansy’s red watery eyes as she stood behind Bofur out of breath from running all the way there. “Kili is Sick, Bofur said looking back at Kili who was slumped over and being supported by Fili and Oin, nearly dead weight. “he’s very sick” Bofur said. Bard looked over their distraught faces. Kili panted and huffed and raised his head to look at Bard, Pansy turned to examine Kili again, feeling his forehead and behind his ears. “burning” she muttered turning back around to Bard she looked up at him pleadingly. Bard looked over then one last time and threw the door open. “inside hurry” he said. Watching them as they rushed Kili inside. “Dad, what are they doing here?” Bain asked furiously. “they need help” Bard said simply rushing to find something that may help.

They laid Kili down while Sigrid and Bard tried to find something to help Kili, Pansy had a cool ran resting on his forehead, she held it in place the other hand resting on his arm. “you’re alright, Kili, you’ll be ok” she said to him softly. Rubbing his arm with her thumb. He looked up at here through fluttering eyes. She bit her lip “I promise” she said. Kili shook his arm free of her hand and instead took her hand in his, squeezing it was tight as he weakening bottle will allow. Fili and Pansy looked up at each other. “stay with me?” Kili asked her faintly. Pansy nodded and gave his hand a squeeze back. “you have stayed by me all this way, without any reason at all or need to. I would not leave, if the jaw’s of the dragon lay above us, and a sea of fire below, but you must promise the same” Pansy said her voice shaking “rest” she said. Fili watched them and though the circumstances were terrible he smiled.

Hours had passed, and they had tried everything, “flue draughts, Viral draughts, infection serum, cold medicine, detox! We’ve tried it all” Bofur said “and nothing is working!” Fili said. “he can’t take much for of these the detox was too much on his body” Oin warned. Pansy shook, Tilda had brought her a chair as she had not moved from her spot, it had been well over 3 or 4 hours and Kili was only getting worse. Pansy wouldn’t open her eyes for she didn’t want to cry before him. This time, this time, she was going to be the strong one.

With was nearing noon now. And Kili yelled and cried out in pain. Pansy and Sigrid and piled furs and coats under Kili’s head to keep him propped up and under his leg to support it while Oin tried his best to examine the wound. But his cries were driving Pansy mad. Her eyes were wild and still burning read with tears that had been rubbed away before falling. Her stomach felt jittery as it tossed and turned and burned. Her hands shook her nerves were at war. “Pansy!” Bofur called to her “huh!” she called high pitched as she turned to face him. “maybe you should sit down, you’ve done enough, you’re tired and exhausted” Bofur reasoned. Pansy looked down at Kili and shook her head “no, I promised to stay and that's what I mean to do, he needs me now” she said resting a hand on his head. Bofur smiled a strained smile and went back to helping himself. Pansy found herself forgetting to even breath. Fili who was at her side near the bed they had laid Kili on laid his hand on her shoulder. “it’s alright, calm down” He said. Pansy shook her head and looked away from Kili. Bofur came running with hot water and a fresh rag. “Its no use, the fever needs to come down first!” Oin said. Bain watched outside the window to see the lake was heavily at unrest, the waves thrashed about, water pouring up onto the floating dock roads, even their house was swaying.

“Dad, what happening to the lake?” He called but went unheard as Bard tried his best to find something for the fever. “I- I have Nightshade and Fever Few” Bard said

“Ahhh hahhnnn” Kili cried out. Pansy looked back to him and kneeled at his side. “shhhh, shhh, I know, it will pass, it will pass we are trying” Pansy cooed rubbing his arm, her voice cracked “I’m still here” she said, more to herself as she in that moment had never felt more useless in her life. All he’d done for her, and now she could do nothing. Tears finally leaked from her eyes and a pitiful sound escaped her mouth. As she leaned her forehead against his arm. Bard looked up at her with pity.He knew her pain, he knew her pain well. Fili rubbed both her shoulder roughly, trying to snap her out of her panic. “ those are of no use to me, do you have nay Kingsfoil?” Oin called the calmest of the bunch.

“Kingsfoil?” Bard asked. “no it’s a weed we feed it to pigs?” Bard said confused. “weeds, pigs, right!” Bofur said taking a step forward, he paused and turned back to Kili, he looked at Pansy who was taking deep breaths to calm herself down, and to Fili who was stroking his brother's hair and then to Kili “don’t move!” he told him before darting out the door. Pansy got to her feet. “two should be looking” she said removing her hand from Kili’s arm as she turned to leave “N-no!” Kili called for her, lunging forward he grasped her arm tightly, so tightly she winced at the pain. Pansy turned to face him as his hand lost it’s strength and slid down her arms to her hand and held it as he fell back onto the bed. “no” he said again faintly before his moans and cries started again. Pansy looked to Fili who nodded towards Kili. Pansy nodded and sat back down. “yes, yes, alright, I’m here” she said stroking his cheek with the back of her hand. “I’m hear” she repeated trying to calm herself down.

More time passed, and Pansy watched Kili scream with hollow eyes, tear stains on her face. Her body shook. Fili watched her amazed at this point she wasn’t even blinking. “P-pansy?” Fili questioned. Waving his hand before her face, but she didn’t move. Her tears had stopped. Fili looked to Oin who shrugged. “errngh” Kili grunted propping himself up panting he looked down at her and reached his free hand over and caressed her the top of her head, down her hair to her cheek. “Pansy” he exhaled drawing in a sharp breath. “Pansy” he called again. “Ah!” I cried out dropping back down as the pain hit in a large wave. “nnn” he moaned. “Dad!” Bain gasped, as the waves were nearly high enough to come through their second story window the house shook furiously. “the waves!” Tilda called out, Bard rushed to the window to see waves ranging from building high to maybe 7 feet at the shortest crashing against lake down. “what is it?” Bard asked. “Pansy” Kili sighed turning his head to look at her he squeezed her hand. “wake up, come back” he said said. “please” he said. Fili huffed and strode over to Pansy, raising his hand and drawing it back “Don’t touch her!” Kili called out but it was two late a sharp slap filled the air, and Pansy’s head turned a red mark burning brightly on her cheek were Fili backhanded her.

Pansy started to sob and Fili breathed out in relief. He then grabbed her shoulders and shook her “Stop it!” he yelled at her. “you will drive him and yourself mad!” He added. Pansy looked up at Fili with wide eyes. And he nodded firmly at her. Pansy choked back her tears and gave a great sniffle before nod back at him. “i am alright, I am fine” She said her voice was clear and everything in her seemed to calm and solidify. But outside the waves still raged. “I will push it down deep within and no show the true fear in me, if only for you” She thought as she looked at Kili and pet his hair. “where is Bofur?” Pansy asked looking up at Fili he “still looking” Fili sighed.

Snowy heavy storm clouds started to fill the sky and the waves were ever growing. “they are coming” A deep rumbling voice said, Pansy looked around but saw no one, but she remembered this voice. “you!” she thought “what are you doing here?” she asked him. “you must prepare they are coming!” he said louder. Pansy stood up and looked down at Kili and then around. Suddenly Sigrid started to scream and familiar gurgling snarls sounded. Sigrid quickly slammed the door, Tilda and Bain going to see what was happening then screamed as well as an Orc popped it’s horrible face into the window.

“Fili!” Pansy called as once broke in, Oin threw pots at it, stunning him but soon in popped another. Fili dropped down the ground and pulled his journey bag out from under the bed, pansy had never noticed he had it with him. He threw her Fail and she caught it, but her missing fingers failed her and it fell, Pansy scrambled to pick it up. “it’s all I have!” Fili called back to her “then you take it!” she pleaded but Fili had rushed an Orc that was attacking Sigrid and pinned him to the wall struggling with him. “Fili!” Pansy called as the Orc shoved him away. More came busting through the roof, Pansy looked on at Bard children town she needed to help them but she couldn’t leave Kili.

Tilda threw a plate at one before hiding under the table wit her sister. Bain flung a bench at the very same Orc. Kili Gasped and tried to sit up in the bed. “nngh, go, Pansy! Get out of here! Take the children and go!” Kili rasped. Pansy shook her head. “no, I said I would stay, and I-I mean to!” she said standing closer to the bed she held the flail before her with both hands. An Orc rushed at them “Pansy!” Kili called, Pansy swung her flail and hit the Orc across the face, wiping it clean off, it pawed at it’s missing face and fell to the ground thrashing about. Kili smiled for a moment the waves outside got wilder. Two more Orcs rushed them. Pansy could not react in time so she moved her body before Kili’s dropping her flail onto the bed she swung the Oaken Shield onto her arm and held it to block. Bracing herself Pansy shut her eyes. But as she did so water rushed into the window. The wave weaved around Pansy the dwarfs and the children and sweep the Orcs off their feet. Kili watched wide-eyed and Pansy opened hers she exhaled “who did that?” she asked looking up to Fili who shook his head. The orcs got up rather quickly, however, Fili dodged an attack and the children screamed being rushed again. With a blur of flaming red and green rushed into the front door.

Tauriel jabbed her blade into an Orc and quickly sliced another. In turn, Legolas fell through one of the holes in the roof, bringing his swords down on an orc as it tried to get to its feet. He looked at Pansy with sharp gray eyes “you did” he told her before rushing after the rest. “did what...”Pansy trailed off and then looked down at the flooded house “the water?” she mouthed looking up. She saw an Orc heading for them, bracing her shield she kicked off the bed and curled up as she lunged herself at it. Like a hobbit cannon ball, she pushed the orc back. “Pansy!” Kili called as she rolled and landed on her belly. “ah” She groaned trying to get to her feet. An Orc went to bring it’s Blade on her “no!” Kili called trying to get to his feet but letting his guard down he did not see the orc coming for him. It grabbed his feet as the orc above Pansy brought down his blade. Pansy rolled and the waves were reaching window high yet again. Kili screamed and tried to kick off the orc who now had his legs. Tauriel sliced an orc in half and then tossed a dagger into the neck of the Orc attacking Kili.

Kili rolled to stand up but his leg would not hold him and he fell to the ground. “use your magic again!” Tauriel yelled to Pansy. “I can’t! It’s not me!” Pansy cried dodging orcs trying her best to get to Kili but they kept getting in the way and sending her off course “Kili!” she called out for him as another Orc neared him. She picked up a pot and bashed the orc blocking her way in the head. He did not fall but held his head in pain. It wasn’t what Pansy wanted but she would gladly take it, brushing past him and ran for Kili.

Being met with another orc, Pansy went to dive under his legs, as she leaped Waves rushed high and through the windows yet again, and under her they coasted her across the floor knocking the orc off his feet as well as a few others. “good!” Tauriel called out. Pansy stood up and the water though n o longer a wave swirl around her. She looked at herself in wonder and then up at the orcs ahead of her “but how do I use it!” she thought. Oin was in trouble she looked at her hands and then trusted them forward, the water flew at the orc attacking him and shoved him tot he ground. Pansy smiled but the water didn’t return. “oh no” she breathed. “how do I get it back!” she called out. But the elves were too busy. An orc shouted out an order, and soon the orcs ran for Pansy. “run!” Kili told her giving her a push from where he lay on the flooded floor. Pansy spun around an Orc and ducked under another screaming as they chased her. She ran to Legolas and slid under his legs as he sliced the head off of both her perusing orcs.

She spotted an Orc heading for Kili, “get down!” she heard Fili call as an Orc attack the children he pushed them to the ground while Tauriel blocked the attack in the same instant Pansy jumped over Kili Landing on her rear next to him she held the Oaken Shield out and blocked the attack on him. Holding herself up with one hand and blocking with the other. But the Orc was pushing her down and the shield was cracking. “No!” pansy called trying to push back but her support hand was slipping. She fell back and the Orc swung, Pansy threw up her hand and caught the blade, blood splattered on her face, Tauriel killed her orc and a dagger at Pansy’s it fell dead but she did not see the one behind her. Kili Pushed himself to his feet and taking out his own dagger he used the rest of his strength to throw himself onto the back of the Orc stabbing it, it crumpled dead to the floor and Kili with it. Landing on his back he screamed in pain and grabbed his leg. Pansy stopped looking in horror at her hand and turned to Kili “Kili!” she called crawling through the shallow water to him. She took him into his arms and looked up to Tauriel who look at him in horror as e screamed. Her eyes then went to Pansy’s hand that trembled uncontrollably as Pansy curled Kili up in her body. “i am here they won’t touch you” Pansy said to him. “please hold on” she whispered.

Pansy could hear Bolg outside, he yelled some orders, and the orc started to leave, Pansy didn’t take much notice as she rocked Kili, hiding her face in his hair, tear falling from her eyes because of his pain and her own. Legolas and Tauriel were making short work of the remaining Orcs. And soon they were gone. “you killed them all” Bain said in wonder as he and his siblings came out of hiding. “there are others” Legolas said walking fast he headed for the door. Kili whimpered and groaned in Pansy’s arms. “Tauriel come!’ Legolas called. She looked at him with wide eyes “no!” Pansy called out, sobbing she hated what she was about to do with all that she was, but there was nothing else she could do for him. “Please” Pansy sobbed. “we’re losing him1’ Oin said leaning over Pansy and Kili “I have seen what you’re kind can do, it didn’t work for me because I am different but please” Pansy pleaded tears like rivers as she looked Tauriel in the eyes. “Help him, Save him!” Pansy said trying to lift Kili into her arms “please” Pansy said barely above a whisper “Pansy” Fili said feeling his own heart breaking. “Tauriel” Legolas called, Tauriel looked up at him, eyes wide and watering to water. Pansy looked up at her panicked “please” Pansy pleased softly to her. Tauriel looked into Pansy’s tear streaked face and at the writhing Kili.

With that, Legolas left. Tauriel turned her eyes away from Kili and Pansy both and got to her feet, going for the door. Pansy crumbled and bent over Kili sobbing into his chest loudly her cries sounding as it someone had been stabbing her. Kili’s out of pain grew louder as well. Tauriel stopped and turned back around watching them, watching him, her heart pounding painfully. Her eyes fell on Pansy as well. She lowered her eyes and pursed her lips. Taking one last look outside, “n-no” Pansy said quietly uncurled herself from Kili she laid him flat, he was gripping his heart, and his breaths were labored and farther apart. “no, k-kili” She said resting a hand in his hair and another over the hand on his heart. She looked up at Fili who was shaking his head near insane with the fear of what could happen. Tauriel looked to them and hearing someone running up the steps, rushed outside, to Find Bofur running up the stairs, Kingsfoil in hand. She smiled and breathed a short gleeful laugh “Athelas!” she breathed snatching it from him she looked at it holding it as if it were precious gold. “what are you doing?” Bofur asked, Tauriel looked at the Athelas and then into the house at Kili, Pansy, Fili, and Oin. “I’m going to save him, she said breathlessly before darting back inside.

She kneeled at Pansy’s side and touched her shoulder gently. Pansy looked up at her, searching her eyes. Tauriel nodded and offered a smile, before rising to her feet. “get him back onto a flat surface” she said. Pansy moved out the way letting Bofur, Fili, and Oin lift Kili up and carry him to the table. Pansy watched them, listening to him scream and flail about. Her eyes went to Tauriel who ripped up the Kingsfoil into a bowl which Tilda held out for her being as the one flat surface surviving was a small thin table and that was what Kili was currently on. Pansy’s hand dripped blood down to the floor and she fell to her knees watching them blankly with hollow eyes. Fili looked down to her with worry. Sigrid rushed to Pansy and picked up her hand, it flapped about nearly severed in two, and it was horribly twisted at the wrist a sing thick white pillar poking just out of the skin. “oh Pansy” Sigrid said looking her in the eyes but Pansy’s eyes were glued to Kili.

Fili and Bofur struggled to keep Kili still “hold him down!” Tauriel said fully calm as she carried the pot of Kingsfoil to him. The waves crashed about outside still, now more than ever, boat flung through there are and homes flooded. The waves trashed in tune with Kili’s trashing. His eyes were turning milky as Tauriel pulled back the rip on his pants leg, she looked at the wound fearful and rolling the Kingsfoil in her hands, began to chant. Kili looked at her once and then leaned hi head back in the pain, and the shadow consuming him. She pressed it to his leg and continued. “he screamed more and trashed about. Sigrid and Bain rushed to him to hold him down, but it was not enough. “Tilda!” Sigrid called. But even then Kili’s wild thrashing was too much, a light screeching sound came from him. Tauriel looked to him panicked she nodding over to Pansy but didn’t stop chanting. Fili got the just of it. “Pansy! Fili called while fighting to hold Kili down. “come! You promised! You would stay!” Fili said. Glancing over his shoulder at her. “get up!” Fili called. “get up!” the deep rolling voice boomed in Pansy’s head. It shook her back to her senses. Pansy darted up to her feet and rushed to Kili’s head. He looked up at with her clouding eyes, Pansy held his head and dropped to her knees whispering to him. “You are safe, remember you promise too, you promised your mother, you promised me, you still have yet to reach Erebor the others are waiting for you” Pansy said softly “please Kili” she said into his ear. His body started to calm down, tears still poured down Pansy’s cheeks but his eyes were finally returning to the endless brown orbs she had remembered.

Kili rose his head and looked at Tauriel, his body had calmed. And he watched her with wide eyes, wide wonder-filled eyes. Pansy bit her lip and pushed aside he pang in her chest, he was being healed that’s all that mattered. Whatever happened, she just needed him to live. He had stopped wailing and his breathing returned normal, and yet he still looked upon Tauriel with amazement, sure awe. Pansy released his head and backed up. Fili watched her as she did so, she back all the way to the wall and stayed there.

All was calm now, and the sun was now very low in the sky behind the clouds that were now parting. Kili was calm and Tauriel re-wrapped his leg. Pansy sat on the ground, watching them. She felt defeated and broken, she was exhausted and painful but he was alright and she knew he was in good hands now. “I hear tell of the wonders of Elvish medicine” Oin said to Fili who was trying to calm himself down. “that was a privilege to witness” Oin added. Fili watched her a thought thankful, still, his eyes wandered to the broken hobbit on the floor. Fili feared she may have still lost him.

“Tauriel” Kili called faintly, but still Pansy’s ears picked up his voice as she watched them. Tauriel turned to him and smiled “lie still” she said, before going back to work on his leg. He paused for a moment just gazing at her. “you cannot be her” He said. Pansy rose to her feet slowly cradling her hand against her body. Tauriel paused to listen “she’s far away” Kili breathed “S-She , She’s far, far away from me” He said softly looking up towards the sky his eyes searching it “She walks in starlight in another world” He said turning his eyes back to her. Fili’s eyes grew wide as they dart between Kili and Pansy who gazed blankly at them. She could feel it, her heart cracking, like a piece of glass held over a fire and then trusted into the cold. “it was just a dream” he said sadly, Tauriel looked down speechless, her heart racing.

Kili slowly reached his hand up, his fingers brushing against hers, Pansy found she couldn’t breathe as she watched him look at her. and then everything stopped “do you think she could have loved me?” He asked, and with silent yet thunderous crack, Pansy’s heart burst into shards. Fili whipped his head around to Pansy, he went to go to her “Pansy!” He called as she shut her eyes and ran out the door and down the stairs. “Pansy wait!” Fili called but waves crashed blocking his way before he could even leave the stairs, he watched her run blindly through the docked streets “He is not himself! Pansy!” Fili yelled after her. “ugh!” her growled in frustration and he turned to go back inside. Tauriel looked at Fili with wide eyes, slightly guilty eyes. They when both looked at Kili who had drifted off to sleep.
♠ ♠ ♠
haha, so over dramatic. but then again Pansy is very emotional, excitable and a bit over the top. so I think it fits or I'd like to think it fits.

I made myself cry with this one, but then I always sorta cry whenever I put characters through some sad or desperate drama because, heh, I'm that chick who cries at everything.

anyways I hope you enjoyed this chapter. (ps, I am changing the timing of these events! you will see soon)