Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Concerning Hobbits

We Will Have War

Pansy glanced around the treasure hoard, oh how she hated it down there, in the darkness only alite by a few torches and the shine of the jewels and gold. “Thorin, mind if I ask, why are we down here?” Pansy spoke up timidly. She could feel a cold sweat at her back as she thought about how quickly his demeanor changed down here where the dragon had rested, and she did not like the thought of being alone with him here.

“and to think you used to trust him with your life” Pansy thought, recalling all the times he had saved her hide since the journey’s start. Thorin’s eyes wandered over the endless gold and it had seemed he’d forgotten that pansy was even there at all. “Thorin?” Pansy asked. He turned slowly to look back at her and nodded to the treasure. “all that is mine shall be yours, Pansy, this is why fight” he said almost ominously. Pansy frowned “I do not want it, none of it” She said with a tired sigh. Thorin turned to her quickly and looked at her confused “more gold than anyone could hope for than anyone could fathom, Jewels and pearls and stones like silver starlight, endless wealth” Thorin rambled “and you would have none of it?” He asked confused he stepped closer to her. “yes, is that so strange? My reward from this journey was never a payment, I was never a part of the contract, the adventure itself was more to me than a thousand times more than the riches that lay down here” Pansy said with a weak little smile. Thorin squinted at her, searching her eyes and then he gave a hearty laugh.

Pansy watched him wide-eyed as he laughed, and laughed. His shoulders shook and his head thrown back. Pansy cracked an unsure smile and chuckled a bit uncomfortably. “He’s gone off the deep end, it’s finally happened it has!” Pansy thought as finally he quieted down. Thorin looked at the bewildered girl before him and patted her head. “you and Bilbo, your ideas of what makes a worthy prize are indeed strange” he said. “it would seem you’ve not change all to much, you will be the first queen to not have any cares for gold or silver” Thorin said fondly. “because of this I knew I can put much trust in you, Pansy Arkenstone” said Thorin as he removed his hand from her head. Pansy frowned a bit “do you not like your new title?” Thorin asked her. “I am, truly honored by it, but I do not think it fits me. I do not wish to be compared to the Arkenstone” she said cautiously. “and why not?” Thorin’s voice took a darker tone and his gaze on her intensified. “I-” Pansy stammered “I do not want to be compared to a think that has driven you mad with greed and causes war”Pansy thought but instead she placed on a small smile “I am not worthy of comparison to such a precious jewel” she said. Thorin’s darkly clouded gaze softened a bit as he smiled a chuckled in amusement. “you are far too humble” he said turning to walk into the treasure hoard.

“Pansy!” Fili’s voice called out. Pansy turned back to see Fili standing at the stair “might I have a word with you?” He asked. Pansy glanced back at Thorin who seemed not to be aware of either of them. Pansy took this as an ok to leave and headed up the steps to Fili. “come, not here” He said leading back up to the armory. “Fili? Are you alright?” she asked him. He rubbed his temples and sighed. “no,” he said opening his eyes and looking at her “my brother, he is a dolt, but I have come to ask you’d not give up on him.” Pansy looked away uncomfortable with where this conversation was headed. “You are, my very own sister now, I would have you live the rest of your life under what my uncle has become” Fili said Pansy glanced at him “it is not my choice Fili” she reasoned Fili smiled a bit “it is always your choice, you give the word and Kili would follow you anywhere, you tell my uncle no and he would never force your hand” Fili said. Pansy looked back down the way they had came. “I want to help him Fili” She said. “somewhere, in there is the old Thorin. I have seen him” She added. Fili sighed heavily “I hate to say it, for I still respect my uncle greatly, however,” He rested a hand on her shoulder. “There's naught left in him but greed and deceit. It's the Arkenstone he wants; it and his hoard are all he cares about, now” Fili said.

Pansy stood at the gate by herself gazing out into the night when Kili came to her in full armor “well how do I look?” He asked with a bright smile. Trying his best to act as if nothing had changed. Pansy turned to face him as she watched him climb the stairs to her. “absolutely terrifying” Pansy said playfully picking up on his plan, he smiled at her in relief and laughed “I think I do look like something to be feared in the armor of mt fathers” he said proudly as he held his head high. Pansy giggled and shook her head. “what? Do you not agree?” he asked stepping a bit closer he bent down to her height nose to nose. “oh!” Pansy gasped as their eyes locked. Slowly a blush crept onto her face and Kili beamed standing back up “I thought so” he laughing. “Kili! That wasn’t fair!” Pansy shouted Kili laughed more “but it is so much fun” he replied before heading back down the steps He turned looked up at her and gave her one more smile before disappearing into the halls. Pansy sighed, but a smile came to her face and she touched the tip of her nose.

Not 15 minutes after Kili left, Pansy decided to head down off the gate to see if she would help the other prepare, when Bilbo came rushing up the steps. Carefully and quietly. “Pansy come on I am getting you out of he, it isn’t safe with him he has finally gone too far!” Bilbo said in a hushed voice as he climbed to the top of the gate. “Leave?” Pansy asked “we’releaving?” she asked disbelievingly. Bilbo turned to her “yes well-” Bilbo tilted his head and made an unsure face “sort of, not really just come with me!” He said Pansy glanced at the halls before following Bilbo who threw a rope down the gate. “if Thorin finds out he will kill us, where are we going anyway Bilbo?” she asked as they scaled down the stone gates. “Dale” said Bilbo holding out his hand to help Pansy hop across the rocks of the ruined bridge over the water. “Dale why?” she asked. “for starters so that Those elves can heal your hand! For another I have a plan on how to stop this madness” Bilbo said leading the way. “really? What is that?” Pansy asked running behind him as they headed for Dale. “we give Bard the stone” Bilbo stated. Pansy stopped “b-but then Thorin really would kill us Bilbo” She said. Bilbo stopped and caught a breath turning to look back at her. “he might have done that anyway if it stays with him, between this battle, and his paranoia, He thinks its one of the others that has it, he accused them of taking it”Bilbo said as Pansy walked to to him “the others would never Bilbo he knows that” she said. “nope, no, Pansy he does not, he is blinded, I aim to help him see and save them and you if I can, I will not have him lay hand on you again, now come on, we must hurry!” Bilbo said.

Bilbo and Pansy stepped lightly through Dale, trying to go as unseen as they could. The people were fairly busy with preparation or just trying to survive the night. “Bilbo we do not know where we are going!” Pansy said in a hushed tone. Bilbo looked around, “we just listen for Bard” Bilbo said. Pansy sighed and they kept searching. Soon pansy and Bilbo heard a familiar voice “is that Gandalf?” Pansy whispered “let us hope so! This way” Bilbo said leading them around the long way. “Is gold do important to you that you would but it with the blood of dwarves?” Gandalf asked Bard. “it will not come to that, this is a war that they cannot win” Bard said. “but that won’t stop them!” Bilbo called as he and Pansy reached the Wizard and Bowman. “if you think that the dwarves will surrender they won’t” Bilbo said shaking his head. “they will fight to the death to defend their own” Bilbo added. Gandalf looked down at him in a dismayed surprise “Bilbo Baggins!” he said removing the pipe from his mouth. Bilbo laughed a bit out of breathed.

Thranduil stepped forward and took a look at what was going on his eyes landed on Bilbo and wandered to Pansy “and Pansy” Thranduil said Pansy bit her lip and glanced off awkwardly “oh no” she thought. “if I am not mistaken this is the halfling who stole the keys to my dungeons from under the nose of my guards, making off with my prisoners and my son’s betrothed?” Thranduil said taking a seat in what seemed a makeshift throne at a table with battle plans.“betrothed?” Gandalf said nearly choking on his pipe. “no-no, you never agreed to anything, S-sir you had merely said that you would think it over!” Pansy called out “Pansy Baggins!” Gandalf puffed “tis very very complicated Gandalf” Pansy said “he is,” Bilbo said to Thranduil slowly as the Elven King dismissed the statements said by Pansy. “sorry about that” Bilbo said, Bard struggled to keep himself from laughing, only managing to give a small smirk. “I have- we have, come to give you” Bilbo said rushing to the table he laid on it a folded purple cloth, Pansy stood at the other side of Bilbo as he unrolled it “this” he said backing up a few paces.

Thranduil stood up slowly in awe of what he was seeing. “the heart of the mountain” He breathed, Gandalf and Bard circled around the table “the kings jewel” Thranduil looked to Bilbo his eyes darting between them “and worth a king's ransom” Bard said “how is this yours to give?” Bard asked. “I took it as my fourteenth share of the treasure,” Bilbo stated simply. “why would you do this? You ow us no loyalty?” Bard asked confusion all over his face. Even Thranduil seemed perplexed as he said nothing only watched. “I’m not doing it for you” Bilbo said bluntly while shaking his head. “I know that dwarves can be obstinate, and pigheaded, and difficult” Bilbo said “and suspicious, and secretive,” He looked up to them all recalling how they had come in to Bag End and pillaged his pantry “with the worst manners you could ever imagine” He said causing Gandalf to laugh “but they are also brave, and kind, and loyal to a fault. I’ve grown very fond of them, and I would save them if I can” Bilbo said. Pansy nodded solemnly behind him. She turned to Gandalf and looked up “they are our friends Gandalf” She said as the Wizard smiled down on her. “and more in such as Pansy’s case” Bilbo said looking back at her briefly. Bilbo laid a hand on the Arkenstone. “now Thorin values this stone above all else” Bilbo said “in exchange for its return I believe he will give you what you are owed” He looked directly into Thranduil and Bards eyes one at a time “There will be no need for war” He said. They each glanced at once another.

“b-but I must ask a favor” Bilbo said, stepping around the table to went to Thranduil “and what would that be?” He asked cautiously. “Pansy’s hand is gravely wounded, I know elves have great medical abilities, will you help her?” Bilbo asked Thranduil turned his gaze to Pansy who shuffled her feet awkwardly “injured? Again?” Gandalf asked. “yes, and about the same way too I am afraid” Pansy admitted. Thranduil sat at the table and beckoned her over. Pansy went to him Bard picked up the stool he had been sitting on and sat it at the table before lifting Pansy into the air and setting her upon it. “lay out your arm” Thranduil ordered her. Pansy did as told and carefully He removed the wraps. Everyone but Bilbo and Pansy flinched. Thranduil turned his head away for just a moment before looking at it. “how did this happen?” Gandalf asked. “Orcs, again. I had to protect Kili and I had not a shield so” Pansy watched her hand, it was sewn together and neatly splinted, Nori had done a rather good job if you asked her. But even so...

“I think it's a bit infected, the swelling hasn’t gone down.and the color...” Pansy said as parts of her hand looked yellow. “a bit?” Bard asked amazed. “I will see what I can do, as it is my duty to be sure Yavanna’s daughter is well taken care of” Thranduil said waving over an armed Elf “go fetch me herbs and wrappings” He order him and with a short nod the elf took off.

“I assume this means you have found the answer to my question?” Thranduil asked. Pansy nodded stiffly “I have but it does not matter” she said. “yes it does, your answer saves me from losing one of my best captains, if she ever comes to her senses I can take her back” Thranduil said as he worked on Pansy’s hand. “Not that I am not disappointed,” Thranduil said, “it is a pity you won’t side with us” Pansy nodded. “they need me more, you are more than capable of protecting your people, Thorin...he is going mad, he cannot do it alone” She said. “sooo” Thranduil sighed with an amused smile. “you have accepted what you are?” He added. Pansy looked up at him and smiled sheepishly “I was forced to, once I started moving water all on my own” she said. Thranduil chuckled and went back to her hand “ah yes, the Moon controls the waters” He said. The forest would be no place for you anyway” He said finishing up the wrapping. “I am afraid that is all I can do, Elvish magic will not work on you due to your blood tie with Aule. However, I have removed the infection and it should heal more quickly” said Thranduil. Pansy smiled up at him. “you know you aren’t so mean as everyone says, I find you a lot like Thorin.” she said. Thranduil’s eyes became cold as he raised his head high and peered down at her over his nose “how is that?” he asked coldly. Pansy smiled “as misunderstood as you both may be, it's just the hurt that makes you mean, under it all, you are perfectly kindhearted” She said, hopping down from the stool and hurrying off to find Bilbo. Thranduil’s cold gaze faded and ticked into a small smile.

Pansy found Bilbo in a tent, “they want us to stay the night” Bilbo said. Pansy nodded “well are we?” she asked. Bilbo looked up at her and sighed heavily “you are” He said. Pansy scrunched up her nose “I am not!” she called offended. “I cannot risk you going back, there is not telling how Thorin will act” Bilbo said. “then we face that together, I am in this too and I will not be left behind while my friends might go to war!” she called. Bilbo shook his head. “if all works well there will not be a war and you can return after negotiations” Bilbo said. Pansy leered at him and stomped to a pallet of cushions, flopping onto it, she turned her back to him. “oh come on Pansy don’t be like that” Bilbo said. But Pansy was intent on ignoring him.

That morning. Gandalf arrived to check on Bilbo only to find he and Pansy were gone. He rushed through Dale looking for them but he knew where they went, or rather where one went. “Let me ride with you!” Pansy called up to Thranduil as he sat mounted on his Giant Buck. He looked down at her “and why should I do that?” he asked looking down at her pretentiously. “Because Thorin has crowned me as Future Queen. If you have me with you, he will not harm you” she said.”future queen?” Thranduil asked her. “is it not the Kings Nephew your heart desires?” He asked her Pansy side glanced “It's complicated” she said looking back to him. “Please, If you don’t take me I will walk back on my own. They’re my family Thranduil, I will not be left here” Pansy said. Thranduil sighed but after a moment tossed out his hand. Pansy beamed at him and took it. Effortlessly Thranduil yanked Pansy into the air and onto the Deer behind him. Pansy wrapped her arms around his waist as best she could and they headed off. “why is she with us?” Bard asked as he rode at Thranduil’s side, the elven armies and what few soldiers of men they had marched around them. “extra insurance” Thranduil said simply. Pansy’s eyes focused heavily on the nearing gates as they rode to the front of the line.

An Arrow whizzed through the air down before the hooves of Thranduil’s deer, it struck the ground and bounced off. He looked up to the gate at Thorin and Company with annoyance but rode not further. “ will put the next one between your eyes” Thorin called down as the dwarves cheered and called out in dwarfish cries. Thranduil gave them a closed smile amusement in his eyes, as they had no clue about what they had in store for them, yet still a point had to be made, after their boisterous show. With a slight movement of his hand, he ordered his archers to fire. And they did so either hitting the stone just below the dwarves or the air above their heads. All of whom ducked but Thorin. Who kept his bow aimed. Thranduil gave yet another signal and the arches put away their weapons.

“we have come to tell you, payment of your debt has been offered and accepted” Thranduil called up to him. The other dwarves stood up, Kili looked around behind him. He had not been able to find Pansy all morning, she was sure that she would have been out there with them. “what payment!” Thorin called down to them bow still notched. “I gave you nothing!” he shouted, “you have nothing” Thranduil with an ‘Oh Really’ look turned to Bard and nodded. Bard reached deep into his jacket and pulled free the Arkenstone. Pansy watched from where she was nearly completely hidden behind Thranduil. “we have this” Bard said. Thorin lowered his bow slowly “they have the Arkenstone”Fili breathed. “Thieves!”Kili shouted out “How came you buy the heirloom of our house!” Kili shouted. “That stone belongs to the king!” Called Fili. “and the King may have it” said Bard as he held the stone in the air.

“with our good will” He added throwing it once and catching it before pocketing it back inside his jacket. Pansy timidly peeped around Thranduil to see a look at Thorin and the others. Kili watching bard did a double take. “Pansy!” He called leaning over the gate just a little. Thorin turned his gaze to Thranduil. Pansy not knowing what to do, gave a nervous wave to them. “erm...hello” she called out. Thranduil closed his eyes and shook his head at her. “But first he must honor his word” Bard finished gather Thorin’s attention back. “why Pansy?” Kili called Pansy sucked on her bottom lip and gave him an apologetic glance.

Thorin shook his head “they are taking us for fools” he said to the others. “this is a ruse” He added now a smile coming to his face. “a filthy lie!” he said. “The Arkenstone is in this mountain!” Thorin shouted out. “It is a trick!” He yelled. “it-its no trick, Thorin” Bilbo called showing himself on the gate. “the stone is real, I gave it to them” Bilbo admitted. Thorin slowly turned to face him. Pansy held her breath and her grip tightened around Thranduil. “you?” Thorin asked, a bit of hurt in his eyes. “I took it as my fourteenth share” Bilbo said. “you would steal from me?” Thorin asked. “Steal from you? No.” Bilbo said slightly offended as he gave a bitter smile “I may be a burglar but I would like to think I’m an honest one” He shot. The dwarven party had all eyes on him, “I am willing to let it stand against my claim” Bilbo said looking them over. “against your claim?” Thorin asked giving a cruel amused chuckle “your claim” he echoed “You have no claim over me you miserable rat!” Thorin shouted throwing down the bow.

Pansy jumped slightly as his voice echoed across the open air. Her eyes darting to the water in the small moat that lay before Erebor. Concentrating hard she tried to move it and it swayed just a little.

“I was going to give it to you” Bilbo said with a heavy sigh “many times I wanted to but-” Thorin sneered “But what their” Bilbo glanced out over the rocky plains and down to Pansy who looked on in concern. “ You have changed, Thorin!” Bilbo spat in disappointment leaning forward just a bit. “The dwarf I met in Bag End would have never gone back on his word, would never have doubted the loyalty of his Kin! Or harmed those that were lesser!” Bilbo shouted. For a few seconds, Thorin looked out and down the elven army below his eyes fell on Pansy who closed her eyes and hide back behind Thranduil. “Do not speak to me of loyalty” Thorin said tears flashed in his eyes but for the briefest of moments before a madness took over. He looked around, at his company, Bilbo, the elves below and Pansy who stuck her head back out before pointing to Bilbo “Throw him from the rampart!” He ordered. Gloin and Oin stepped back in refusal and did the others, as they could not believe what they had heard. Pansy held her breath and the moat splashed around wildly.Thranduil’s eyes looked mortified by seeing Thorin’s madness up close. “did you not hear me!” he roared grabbing Fili’s arm as if to force him to obey. Balin reached out for Fili as he shook free his uncle's hand snatching his arm back. Kili watched his uncle with an agnostic glare.

“I will do it myself!” Thorin called grasping Bilbo roughly “No! Let him go!” Pansy called out ready to leap from the deer. Thranduil reached back and held her in place. “Let me go!” she screamed at him. Her eyes flared and the moat trashed the water rising higher, “Curse you! And cursed be the wizard that forced you one this company!” Thorin screamed. “Stop!” Pansy cried out the water forming into a tremendous wave about to break upon the gates. Kili looked up at the soaring water wall with large terrified eyes. “If you don’t like my burglar than please” Gandalf called almost roaring as he walked through the ranks of the elves to the front lines. “send him back to me” He called up. Pansy’s water wall fell with a great splash back into the moat, as Thorin paused Bilbo’s head leaning over the gate. “don’t damage him, return him to me!” Gandalf demanded. Pansy’s eyes darted from the wizard to Thorin, to Bilbo “you’re not making a very splendid figure as King Under the Mountain are you? Thorin son of Thrain” Gandalf asked.

Thorin seemed taken back and his hands slipped away from around Bilbo’s neck. Bilbo slid off the wall Bofur, Fili and Balin helping him up. “Hurry now go, go!” Bofur said quietly urging Bilbo off “never again will I have dealings with Wizards!” Thorin shouted down, His eyes fell on Pansy “Or Shire rats!” Pansy flinched and her eyes welled up with tears. Bilbo grabbed the rope he had used the night before and threw it over the side of the gate and quickly climbed down.

“are we resolved?” Bard called up “the return of the stone for for what was promised?” All eyes lay upon Thorin. Who breathing heavily, and riddled with ill minded thoughts looked to the sun. “give us your answer!” Bard called Thranduil found himself still silenced by the scene he had just witnessed, his arm still holding the now calmed Pansy at bay. “will you have peace or will you have war?” Bard asked as a large raven perched upon the gate near Thorin cheeping loudly. A wicked smile came to Thorin’s face and Pansy cringed as her tears started to drip down her face. “I will have war” Thorin said turning his gaze to the sun just over the hill. Pansy followed his gaze to see an army almost as large as Thranduil coming over the hill. She quickly wiped her tears.

“Ironfoot” Gandalf muttered as Bilbo ran to his side. Rows and rows of dwarf ranks marched down the mountain, lead by a dwarf astride a giant pot-bellied boar. Thorin and Company cheered for them as they marched. Thranduil grabbed the reigns of his Buck with both hands and flicked them, galloping back through the ranks of his men he gave elvish orders. Pansy held onto his robes tightly and turned to look up at her Company on the gates of Erebor she briefly caught Thorin’s eye who turned his head away from her and then Kili’s who’s eyes voiced his worry and confusion.
♠ ♠ ♠
will be closing soon. I will ask that if you have not answered the question I asked in the author's note of the previous chapter, that you please do so.

Or not lol I am not even sure if people are reading this or if it is just me clicking on these things trying to remember what I wrote in the previous chapter haha.