Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Concerning Hobbits

His Greatest Warriors

“behind me lass!” Dane called as he shoved Pansy behind him. The remaining of Dane’s soldiers, less than half now, reformed their shield wall in a crescent shape a few feet away from the base of Erebor’s gate.Pansy tried to calm herself down and connected with the water at the moat, prepared to use it if need be. Armored Cave Trolls and Orcs marched slowly towards them “this may be the end Pansy” She told herself. “how are you enjoying your grand adventure?” she asked and every memory she had flashed before her, the good the bad, and the terrible. Yet mostly the smiles of the friends she had made, the kind wise Balin, Simple sweet Ori, headstrong and courageous Dwalin, be it they started out on rough terms, gentle softhearted Bofur, Rough edge Gloin, refined Dori, Silly Bombur, Steadfast Fili, and all the others, but more than ever she could see the faces of the two who have left her heart and emotions in a shambled maze. Thorin and Kili. She could recall every time they’d ever smiled at her or laughed. And this caused Pansy to smile as he looked on to the marching Orcs. Every step she had taken thus far was worth it, she had had her journey and would take whatever end it offered her.

A loud horn blared behind them, but it was no orc horn.

Pansy gasped and turned to look up behind her. Atop the gate stood Bombur a large horn around his body as he blew it. Then the stone wall of the gate busted by the aid of a large golden bell which rung out echoing over the battlefield. Pansy and the other Dwarves evaded the stray debris that fell around them. Pansy protected her eyes from the dust and focused on the opening, the broken gate creating a bridge across the moat. From her place at Dane’s back, she could see Thorin and company racing out, Kili and Fili at his sides. By instinct Dane’s men made way for the king. Pansy felt tears burn in her eyes and her heart explode as a grin came to her face Dane turned to move out of their way as they ran past he gave Pansy a push “join your king lassy!” He called out to her, Pansy gave him a smile before racing to join them, meeting with Balin who nodded to her “to the king!” Dane called out.

Thorin sounded a war cry as he lead the clash between the dwarves and the orcs. The ground rumbled beneath her feet and a wave of rock pushed out of the ground and rammed at the orcs before her “my child I will lend you what gifts are given to me” Aule said. “for you fight for my creations” He added.Pansy smiled and flexed her hand dong so the ground pulsed she beamed.

“Pansy!” Ori called out to her as he fought, Pansy laughed and made her way to him sweeping her hand through the air she sent a fair size boulder into the Orc nearest to them. Ori watched her with wide eyes “did you do that?” He asked slashing off an Orc’s arm. Pansy nodded excitedly. “Ori, I’m the daughter of Aule! Aule and Yavanna!” she cheered, pulling free the dagger and slashing it across an Orc’s neck. Ori beamed back at her and the two fought together. “Kili’s worried mad, I know he must have seen you but still you should find him!” Ori called to her. Pansy nodded and stomped her foot bringing up pillars of stone just high enough to walk over the Orc’s heads. Pansy hopped across them, but as she reached the last one a Cave troll swung his large fists at it, it shattered and pansy flew off from it. “Pansy!” Kili called pulling his sword free from the caved in face of an Orc and ran for her. She hit the ground hard,and groaned “nnnhg, I know never to do that again” she muttered trying to sit up but her back would not let her move. “Pansy!” Kili called cutting through the Orcs, he rammed his sword into the chest of one looming over her yelling at it, he drove it to the ground and ripped free his blade. “you’ll not touch her!” he barked swing his body around he swiping his sword at another lopping off it’s head. “Pansy!” Kili panted holding out his hand to her.

“Kili” Pansy said giggling as he let him help her up. She hugged him as he swung at another Orc. And pulled away promptly “I thought you would have perished” Kili said his voice cracking slightly, Pansy made a fist and a rock floated before it three times its size, and Kili’s eyes grew wide as it floated there before she flexed open her palm and sent the rock hurling at an Orc Behind him. “I thought I would have too” she said, Kili knocked a sword free from an Orc and handed to to Pansy. “but I’ve made it” She said. Holding it as best she could in her hand while the other was still useless. “because you are the child of moon?” Kili asked cutting into another Orc. “yes but how ever did you know?” Pansy asked dodging a Orc while Kili cut him down. “I was told in a dream” he said with a huff as he swerved out of the way of an Orc before Fili rushed in his axe hacked into its chest. He turned to Pansy and have a nod and a smile before darting off deeper into the battle. Pansy glanced at Kili “fancy a test in speed it has been a while?” Kili asked. Pansy smiled and nodded, Kili cut his way through the orcs “then keep up little Baggins!” he called to her playfully.

Pansy looked up from her game with Kili and Fili to see a cave troll above them. She screamed and jumped out of the way at it swung a large mace at them. The mace splintered the ground and sent Kili, Fili and Pansy away from each other. “why do these things always happen to me twice!” Pansy shouted as she rolled off of her back. Looking around in the chaos she could not see the brothers, but she saw another familiar face. “Thorin” she breathed, but her smiled faded as he was cornered, He called out for Dane who rushed to him, fighting from the back of an orc who he had in a choke hold. It wasn’t long before Dane had both the Orcs head. “hey cousin! What took you so long!” Dane called out going to Thorin while they still had a clearing. He embraced both laughing.”There are too many of these buggers Thorin I hope you got a plan” said Dane. Thorin’s eyes fell on the Orc signal flags on the mountain side. “ Aye we are going to take out their leader” he said before taking off that way. Pansy ran to meet him and gasped as orcs rushed him along with a normal mountain troll.

Stomping her foot down and swiftly turning it to the side, Pansy kicked up a large wave of earth, “Thorin down!” She cried out, turning to his side Thorin could see the wave coming, he kicked off the ground and ran over it as it wiped out the orcs that were behind him. Pansy flexed her fingers and pushed out her palm the wave circled around the Orcs before burying them into the ground. Thorin had landed before Pansy, he looked at her confused and amazed “I can explain when we get a moment!” she said hurriedly. “but what was your-” Thorin pulled her forward into a deep kiss, Dane rushed in and swung his hammer at the orcs around them. “oh come on! This is not the time!” He called. Thorin pulled away and looked into Pansy’s eyes. “forgive me?” he asked, Pansy dazed and almost forgetting where she was nodded “yes, forgiven, that was not you back there. This is the Thorin I know” she said as they smiled at each other. “but, um...the plan?” she asked with a sheepish look. Thorin pointed to the Orc Flags “we take out Azog” he said. “not alone? That did not work last time if you recall-” Thorin swung at an orc and then touched Pansy’s cheek “no I do not aim to do it alone, not this time, come!” He said grasping her arm just above her wounded hand he lead her to a large battle-ram. “I didn’t know you had one of these in the mountain”She breathed. Thorin held out his hand to her. “ride with me?” He asked. Pansy grinned and took his hand as he pulled her on behind him “it’s better than a pony, I will tell you that!” she said giggling. Thorin smiled and looked to Dane his expression becoming fierce “I’m going to kill that piece of filth” he growled before flicking the reigns.

The Ram ran with impressive speed it’s head down low knocking away all in its path and Thorin cut down those at his sides. Dwalin let out a war cry as he, Fili and Kili rode up behind Thorin also astride Battle Rams.

Meanwhile from Dale, Bilbo called out for Gandalf his eyes to the Mountainside, as he spotted the rams heading up. “Gandalf! It’s Thorin!” He said. Gandalf stopped and took a look “and Fili and Kili and Dwalin!” Gandalf breathed “and-and, Pansy?” Bilbo questioned squinting his eyes to get a better look. “he’s taking his best warriors” Gandalf said with a smile Bilbo shook his head “are they mad?” He asked. “sh-she shouldn’t be out there!” Bilbo stammered “Now, now Bilbo, pansy has yet some secrets left to show you” Gandalf said with a nod. “well what is he taking them to do?” Bilbo asked eyes glued to them “to cut the head of the snake” Gandalf said darkly.

The temperature dropped as they scaled the mountain, up the old worn steps. Knocking out the few Orcs that were in the area. Thorin jumped from the ram and plunged his sword down into an orc, Pansy took her reigns and drove the ram’s horns into an Orc slamming him against the wall of a ruined tower, the orcs body burst apart with impact and Pansy slid down from the animal. She watched as Thorin and Dwalin with her on the upper level lopped off the heads of the orcs. While below on the lower platform Kili and Fili worked together in eliminating those left there. An Orc aimed for the Busy Kili. Pansy pulled up a tower of stone beneath the orc and sent him high int the air, before jumping down to join them. She swung at an orc knocking it’s helmet off, she wasn’t killing anything with her one able hand and heavy orc blade but she at least handicap it so that the brothers would take it down easier. “ doesn’t the timing seem perfect?” Fili asked as he hacked off an orc's arm before kicking it away. “perfect for what?” Pansy asked sending a rock wave towards two others “no Fili now is not” Kili said with a grunt as he pushed away an orc “the time for that” he added. “I don’t see why not who knows what is going to happen?” Fili reasoned he fought with little to nor effort it seemed. Almost like child’s play. “will you come off it already let it go!”Kili shouted at him slicing off another head. Pansy blocked and attack on herself with a rock wall. “come off what?” she asked. “you going to tell her because I don’t want to have to do it for you” Fili grunted while fighting off an orc’s blows parrying them. “it will shut you up?” Kili asked Fili nodded. “fine!” Kili said running to Pansy he jumped and drove his blade into the back of the Orc attacking her, her wall fell down and Kili rode the crumpling body as it fell over , he pulled his sword free of it, and rushed towards Pansy, pulling her to him he stabbed the orc behind her by sliding his sword just under her arm and up at an angle into his neck. He looked down at Pansy with serious eyes. “Pansy Baggins” he said Pansy’s heart fluttered as she watched his eyes burn holes into her own. “I love you” He breathed breaking into a nervous smile. “Kili, I-” Pansy started before seeing the Orc rushing behind him, she pushed Kili to her side and with both hands held out swiped them upwards creating a stone wall. The orc ran right into it, snarling as it fell backwards onto the ground. Pansy dropped her injured hand tilted the other forward causing the stone slab to fall onto the orc crushing it.

Pansy turned around to face Kili with a smile about to answer when Thorin and Dwalin ran down the steps. Eyes glued to the top fortress of Raven Hill. Thorin ran to the edge and looked up but the landing on which the Orc Flag was set, was empty. Pansy’s core crept with a bad feeling as she looked to Kili with worry. Thorin’s eyes scanned for Azog but there was none. “it looks empty” Said Kili his eyes searching too. “I think Azog has fled” He said, Pansy shook her head “I don’t think so” Thorin said turning he went to Fili “Fili check the towers, take your brother, keep low and out of sight” Thorin ordered. “if you see something, report back, do not engage do you understand me?” He asked him. Fili nodded. “we’ve got company!” Dwalin shouted, over the upper level came a pack of Goblins that look far more orc-like and fearsome that the one they had seen in Goblin-town. “Goblin Mercenaries” Thorin said, taking on a fighting stance, “No more than a hundred” said Dwalin. “we will take care of them,” Thorin said turning to Fili and Kili “go!” He called to them. Pansy’s eyes darted between them who was she to go with.

Kili held out his hand his for her, “Go with them” Thorin urged Pansy looked back, at him as the Goblins jumped down from the upper levels. Thorin turning his head over his shoulder smiled at her gently “Protect my sister's sons” he said. Pansy paused and ran to him, hugging Thorin’s waist she gave him a squeeze he stroked her hair once, reached into his coat and pulled free her sheer green cloak and laid it in her arms. He then pushed her away “go now!” He ordered, Pansy nodded and rush to Kili putting her hand in his. “come on!” Fili called leading them down the steps and across the snow to the northern tower. Pansy stayed towards the center of the two Brothers as they quietly tipped into the ruined tower. “where do we go from here?” Pansy asked looking at the long tunnel. “left or right?” she asked them. Kili took Pansy’s hand firmly in his again and headed to go past Fili to the left, the upper levels. “shh wait!” Fili called as a light growling could be heard. Kili readied his sword and went to rush up the hall. “hey!” Fili called stopping him with his hand “stay here” He said looking up the tunnel. “Search the lower levels I’ve got this” He said. Kili nodded and went down the opposite way Pansy behind him. “Pansy!” Fili called Pansy halted and turned to him. “Protect my brother, he is still very reckless” Fili said with a smile. Pansy nodded firmly “I won’t fail him this time, Fili, I promise!” Pansy said, “you be careful!” She called as she ran down after Kili.

Thorin paced as he watched the northern tower, he and Dwalin had made quick work of the Goblins and the area was clear. “were is that filth?” Thorin asked turning his eyes away from the tower “I know he is here” He muttered. “Thorin!” Bilbo called, Thorin and Dwalin turned sharply. “Bilbo!” Thorin gasped “ You have to leave her now!” Bilbo puffed out of breath. “Azog has another army attacking from the north!” Bilbo warned, “this watch tower will be completely surrounded there will be no way out!” Bilbo added. Thorin looked up to the north tower with wide eyes, as his blood ran cold “we are so close that orc scum is in there!” Dwalin said pointing to the tower as he moved to make for it. “I say we push on!” Dwalin said. Thorin tore his eyes away from the tower and grabbed Dwalin “no” he said “that’s what he wants, he wants to draw us in” said Thorin, his heart felt the ice in his blood pumping in and out of it, as he became more on edge. “This is a trap he breath scanning the Tower with fear-stricken eyes as he looked for a glimpse of his Nephew’s and Pansy, but through the haze created by the slow clouds, it was hard to peer in the gaps of the rubble from afar.

“Kili wait!” Pansy called to him as the tipped through the lower levels. She stopped him and held her hand to her lips. Listening they could hear noise on the upper levels. They goth looked at each other “Fili!” they called turning quickly and darting up the halls.

“Find pansy, Fili and Kili, call them back!” Thorin ordered to Dwalin who did not waste a second. “P-pansy is in there?” Bilbo asked pointing, Thorin looked back at him regretfully “Thorin are you sure about this?” Dwalin turned back to ask. Thorin resting a hand on his shoulder looked resolved “Do it” he said turning his eyes back on the tower with Bilbo at his side “we live to fight another day” He sighed.

“come on this way” Kili whispered leading Pansy behind him, they were no longer in the tuner but out in the open air in the courtyard. “Kili, we took a wrong turn, this is nowhere near the first tunnel” She said in a hushed voice. Kili leaned his head out of a corridor and peeked about “I don’t see anything, or hear anything anymore” Kili said his eyes still scanning. Pansy did not like the stillness that had settled in the air. She reached for Kili’s sleeve and stepped closer to him to feel safer.

Bilbo and Thorin nodded and made to leave when drums sounded. Pansy looked up to Kili with wide eyes, “come” Kili said leading her out. The Drums halted Thorin, Bilbo and Thorin from their tasks and they turned to face the North tower. Firelight shown in it’s highest plateaus Thorin’s heart dropped to the pits of his stomach and did Bilbo’s as they watched figures appear. Kili and Pansy rushed down some stairs and out to get a better look. Azog appeared dragging Fili along the ground. Thorin rushed forward running towards the tower but stopped at a platform as Azog spoke. “F-Fili!” Pansy called out as she gripped onto Kili he held her arm equally as tight eyes glued to his brother. As Azog spoke he lifted Fili into the air before him. “Fili! You let him go!” Pansy called stepping forward as she looked up to the upper levels “You let him go! You sniveling coward!” She cried out the earth shook below her feet and water raged under the Frozen falls in a near distance. “go!” Fili called out to the others.

Thorin’s eyes welled with tears, and he shook his head, he would not leave and he would not look away. He sent them there, and he would not turn his back. “Run!” Fili called. Before Azog plunged his Arm Blade through Fili’s back and through his heart. Pansy felt the breath knocked out of her as she watched the blade jutting through Fili’s chest, Thorin exhaled as he watched it felt as if he could feel the blade tearing through his own heart as well. Bilbo watch on horrified and Dwalin turned his head as Azog twisted the blade. Tears slipped down Pansy’s face as she looked to Kili who’s mouth hung ajar and hands trembled. Azog called out in his Orc tongue and dropped Fili’s Limp body over the edge of the tower. Pansy glared and dashed off away from Kili, sliding to a stop she stomped on the ground and created a rock tower, it formed a cradle-like shape and caught Fili before slowly lowering to the ground and vanishing into the stone. Pansy dropped to her knees and gathered him in her arms.

“Fili! Fili!” She shook him gently. He coughed once a spout of blood coming from his mouth as he looked up at her. “take care, of my brother,” he breathed struggling, Pansy’s eyes teared and she shook her head. “ I will be glad to have you as my sister, Pansy Baggins” He said,”n-no wait! Fili, Kili-” Her voice faded as the life in Fili’s eyes slipped away. Pansy whimpered and laid him down, closing his eyelids. Kili stood behind them, and with a growl, he darted up the tower stairs. Pansy snapped her head up “wait! Kili no!” She called jumping up she darted after him. “wait! You cannot take him alone!” she called.

Bilbo closed his eyes and tried to take in what had just happened. “Kili!” Thorin called running after them, “Pansy! Wait!” He called but the two had already gone up several flights of stairs. “Thorin!” Dwalin called after him but now he too was blinding running, “No” Dwalin called taking off after them. Bilbo watched on, he gulped and drew out Sting, he’d seen enough and would see know more. He would fight.