Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Concerning Hobbits

All Sorrow Fail and Sadness

Kili looked everywhere but could not find her, he stopped panting and trying to catch his breath, he placed a hand on his aching chest he was more than sure he broke a few ribs and lost a lung. But he was glad it wasn’t any worse. “Pansy!” Kili called out, he listened for a reply but none came I had sworn he had heard her just before. “Pansy!” H called again, his voice cracking, he wiping away his stray tear and continued down the tower.

Thorin slowly picked up his sword, he and Pansy taking a moment to breathe, but his guard was not down. Pansy’s however was, she went to take a step towards Thorin, He gazed at the ice and Held out his hand “no stay back!” He called. Pansy smiled faintly and kept walking to him :why he’s gone Thorin?” she questioned, inching closer. Thorin’s eyes followed Azog’s body as it floated under the ice, up towards him and pass him. Thorin stood and followed Azog as he floated his eyes were open but he could not tell if he was dead or not. Pansy trailed behind Thorin with her head tilted in confusion.”Thorin?” She asked him a few paces away. Azog’s eyes slowly closed as Thorin followed him, Thorin’s shoulders relaxed a bit. When suddenly the Blue Orc shot open his eyes and grabbed his arm blade through the ice and Thorin’s foot. Thorin yelled at the sudden pain, Pansy slipping over her feet rushed to him “Thorin?!” she called Azog burst through the Ice and went to swing at Thorin.

Pansy slid before him and the waters of the river rushed out of the ice around them in a circle and went to crash upon Azog and Pansy swung her arm to have the towering waters circle fold down upon her and Azog he smacked her in the side of the head with his Blade. Pansy cried out and her legs buckled, Blood flowing from her crown, Azog grabbed her the neck and flung her over his shoulders through the water. As Pansy hit the ice, it cracked under the force of which she was thrown and the water circle fell back into the river, Pansy’s limp body slid across the ice and came to a stop a good distance away from them. Thorin was struck breathless as he watched, she laid there as still as stone, a red puddle forming around her head. Thorin turned his gaze to Azog, his eyes glistening with tears waiting to break. He screamed and rushed towards him, but Azog knocked Thorin back onto the ice. And went to bring down his blade. “no!” Thorin called holding out his own before him he blocked. Just inches away from his heart. His arms shook under Azog’s weight.

Breathing heavily Thorin struggled against Azog who was looking more than please with himself. Turning his head Thorin looked to Pansy hoping for movement but pansy lay on her side her back to him like a slain animal. Thorin looked back to Azog his blade tip against the fabric of Thorin’s clothes. Azog smirked down at him, and it made Thorin ill, he turned to Pansy and watched her, Pulling his sword away from Azog’s he let the Orc Pierce his heart. Thorin cried out at the sharp deep pain as it knocked his air from his lungs. Azog sneered and smiled. Thorin looked up at him and jabbed his Elven blade into Azog’s chest, driving it deep Thorin rolled Azog over and sat atop him. Azog ripped his arm blade from Thorin’s chest and he was turned over onto his back Thorin trusted his sword even deeper into Azog's chest until he heard the blade go straight through to the ice, it’s hilt sunken into Azog’s flesh. Thorin held it there and leaned over to see the life leave Azog’s eyes, he was going to make sure he was not going to get up again.

Once it had been finished, Thorin rolled off on Azog clutching his chest and scooting away from him. He groaned in the extreme pain but was done, was finally done. He struggled to stand himself up, stumbling and swaying just a bit. He managed to get to his feet. And peer down at Azog. Thorin caught a bit of his breath and turned to look at Pansy, who still lay on the ice. “Pansy” Thorin whispered hurrying to her side, he fell down next to her, and rolled her over, her eyes were closed and her head bled profusely a large gash, nearly scalping her down to the bone. “no” He breathed, he touched her face, with one hand and laid the other on her heart. His eyes scanned over her frantically Pleading with, “please” He said gathering her into his arms she fought to get back to his feet, falling twice he got up again and this time it stuck. he gazed down at her, he held her tight and raised her a bit higher hiding his face in her neck, “not for me,” he said almost silently as the world seem to stand still, nothing but a quiet cold breeze surrounded the, “not-” his voice cracked and faltered as he nuzzled his face in her neck and into her silvery blonde hair which stuck to the blood dripping down her neck. He cried and held her tighter sinking back down to his knees. This added pain, was just too much.

Kili ran down the tower, he was almost to the last plateau when he stopped a familiar face lying the rubble. “Baggins!” he called rushing to Bilbo’s side. “Bilbo half delirious shook his head and tried to sit up “Kili?” Bilbo asked. Kili nodded and pulled Bilbo to his feet. “were is Pansy? And Thorin?” Bilbo asked quickly coming to. Kili shook his head with worry all over his face, his eyes stinging with tears “I do not know, I lost sight them, both of them” Kili confessed. Bilbo rested a hand on Kili’s arm “we will find them Kili” Bilbo assured, “ar-are you alright?” Bilbo asked, as Kili was clutching his chest and blood seeped from under Pansy’s sheer cloak which he had wrapped back on. “yes, it’s only a scratch” Kili said . “come on down the stairs” Kili urged.

Thorin stood walking slowly to the edge of the Frozen Falls, Pansy still limp in his arms. Her body slowly going cold. Thorin looked out over the battleground that settled between Erebor and Dale, and it was clear that the battle for the mountain was finally won. Thorin looked down to Pansy nearly gasping for hair, and still holding her tight he fell backward onto his knees and then the ground, laying there the her resting on top of him. He gently, but with trouble, moved her so that she was laying at his side, her head resting on his chest. He stroked her head over her gash softly. “mmmhn” Pansy moaned in pain as her eyes fluttered open half way. “Th-Thorin?” she asked her voice quiet and hoarse, hardly audible. “I am here” He said, drawing in a short quick breath he exhale “I am so sorry” he near sobbed. Pansy’ eyes struggled to stay open, “I-It-its ok Thorin, she managed, but coughed blood from the damage done by the force of her hitting the frozen ice. Thorin shook his head but could find no other words. “Pansy closed her eyes as he kept petting her head, and though it hurt his touch was soothing. “that feels nice” Pansy spoke her voice trailing off more, Thorin smiled a bit at least he was finally not causing her pain. Pansy closed her eyes as they would no longer stay open. Her body ached with pain, and her head throbbed like a drum. “sing for me, one of you hobbit songs” Thorin said. Pansy’s eyes fluttered back open just a bit and she tried to think. Then a smile came to her face.

Leave tomorrow 'til it comes Sleep will ease your mind” Pansy’s voice was weak, hoarse and hardly worth hearing but Thorin smiled. “With the dawn you'll find Problems realized a different way Than yesterday.

Bilbo looked out over the Frozen Lake and had seen Thorin fall, “Kili!” Bilbo called, Kili came running, “what? Do you see them?” He asked. Bilbo swallowed down hard and nodded out to the lake were two figure lay side by side. Kili paled and the blood in his veins nearly stopped. “No, no no” he muttered Kili said running nearly to the bottom of the towers he had a long way to go yet, as they were on the opposite shore.

Leave tomorrow 'til it comes Time is moving fast Don't go pushing past Envies of today were meant to last 'Til yesterday.” Pansy’s voice was slowly fading, “Tangled dreams unfold And webs may disappear Stories are retold And cloudy thoughts will clear.” Pansy pansy slid her hand slowly over Thorin’s body to grasp his other hand, or rather she was trying to but she could not. He groaned in pain and took her hand. His palms felt cold, and Pansy knew he was likely fading too “Leave tomorrow 'til it comes Sleep will ease your mind. With the dawn, you'll find Problems realized a different way.” her voice was near silent now Thorin squeezed her hand and though it was the busted one, it did not hurt she could not feel it. “Than yesterday.” she spoke softly no longer able to sing “Than yester-” Pansy’s voice faded. And tears sprung down Thorin's face. He brought her hand to his face and kissed the back of her hand.

“Uncle!” Kili called as he and Bilbo had finally reached the on the shore. Thorin coughed in a gurgling way as blood collected in his lungs. Bilbo dropped at Thorin’s side and Kili at Pansy’s “Bilbo!” Thorin called “Pansy?” Kili questioned touching her arm gently, he drew back his hand as he felt how cold she was. “Don’t move don’t move” Bilbo said to Thorin, He could not bring himself to look at Pansy, he wasn’t ready for it. Kili looked over Pansy and then to his Uncle, he bit his tongue to hold back tears “Thorin?” Kili asked. “lie still” Bilbo said, careful rolling Pansy’s body a bit to get a good look at Thorin’s wound. Bilbo covered his mouth gasping “oh!” Kili looked again and drew in a breath, he looked to Pansy tho Thorin hand on her head still stroking it just over the large gaping gash. “ I am glad your here, I wish to part from you in friendship” Thorin said voice struggling. “no, no you are not going anywhere Thorin” Bilbo said sternly trying to apply pressure to the wound. “you are going to live” Bilbo said eyeing Kili as he rested his head to Pansy’s chest listening for anything. “I would take back my words and my deeds at the gate” Thorin said, Bilbo looked at him just wishing he would stop talking “You did what only a true friend would do Thorin confessed. Kili pulled his ear away from Pansy wand watched her wide-eyed. “for give me, I was to blind to see it” Thorin puffed. “I am so sorry” his voice cracked, he squeezed Pansy’s cold little fingers and removed his hand from her hair to reach out and touch Bilbo. Kili’s gaze was frozen on Pansy his eyes dancing slightly with disbelief and internal agony.

“that I have lead you to such peril” Thorin coughed more blood was entering his lungs, he felt as if he had been drowning. “No no, I am glad to have shared in your peril’s Thorin” Bilbo said quickly taking his free hand in his and hold Thorin’s hand. He could not bring himself to move Pansy from him, then again, he didn’t want to have to face what lay next to Thorin cold as stone. Thorin coughed and cringed in pain. “each and every one of them, It is far more than any Baggins deserves” Bilbo said in a near whisper. Kili’s hands hovered above Pansy;s body trembling he wanted to touch her yet at the same time he didn’t he forced his hand to rest on his uncle's shoulder to feel a bit of warmth while he still had it, Thorin looked to Kili and smiled before turning his eyes to Bilbo again.

Thorin smiled at him and squeezed Pansy’s hand tighter, “farewell Master Baggins” He said lowly, Bilbo looked off and shook his head in refusal. “go back to your books, and your armchair” as Thorin spoke his smile seemed to brighten “plant your trees, watch them grow, if more people held home higher than gold this world would be a merrier place” He said and the light went from his eyes and a long lingering breath escaped his mouth. “No no no! Don’t you dare!” Bilbo called. A small pitiful noise came from Kili as he closed his eyes and hung his head his shoulders shaking violently. Bilbo let go of Thorin's hand, braced his head with one arm and patted his chest with another, resting his head on Thorin forehead he looked to the skies. “Thorin, Thorin hold on” Bilbo whispered as if trying to comfort him. “The eagles, the eagles are coming Thorin, the-” Bilbo rolled away from him just a bit and covered his mouth with a light sob. By now it was becoming too much as Kili cried Pansy’s hand in his head and his other hand on Thorin shoulder, balling like child with gasped for air and running nose. Bilbo turned and looked at Pansy before leaning over Thorin and crying. Kili tilted back his head and screamed in anger at the skies. “Will you let her perish here! Why not just take her!” He screamed. Lowering his head back down he sobbed “just take her from, me you can have her...you can have her just...” Kili cried. Bilbo crawled over to Kili and drew him into his arms. Kili clung to him. “send her back to the skies, beyond the stars into the moon” Kili whispered looking down at her. “but do not let her perish here, not like this” he said hiding his face in Bilbo’s should as Pansy lie there with one hand in Thorin’s and the other in Kili’s

Tauriel stood on the opposite shore and Watched Kili with tears in her eyes. His mothers Rune Stone in her hands, she clutched it tightly as tears rolled down her cheeks. She wanted to go to him and show herself, and confess it all. But the scene before her broke her heart so much she couldn’t intrude upon it. Legolas watched her gaze out. He stood behind her and rested his hands on her shoulders, He wanted to comfort her to hold her, but she shook him away and turned her head. Rejected and heart aching Legolas left her side heading down the Tower, he Spotted his Father who seemed to be searching for them. Thranduil looked up at his son. “I cannot go back” Legolas said slowly. Thranduil searched his face as Legolas walked passed him quickly “Where will you go?” Thranduil asked turning slightly after him. Legolas stopped with his back his father. “I do not know” He said turning around. Thranduil turned to him, and looked into his son’s eyes, the spitting image of him but his eyes were like his mothers. “go North” Thranduil said. “Find the Dunedain, there is a young ranger amongst them, you should meet him.” Legolas tilted his head “His Father Arathorn was a good man, his son might grow to be a great one” Thranduil said. Legolas nodded his head slowly “what is his name?” He asked. “in the wilds he is known only as Strider, as for his true name you must discover on your own” Thranduil said. Legolas looked his father up and down before turning to leave.

After they said their odd goodbyes, Thranduil walked out to where Tauriel stood gazing out upon the two dwarves and hobbits. Tears still streaming down her face in crystal rivers. He looked out on the scene with sympathy as his elf ears could hear the sobbing of the Young dwarf from even at such a distance. “if this is love I do not want it” Tauriel said softly, as her heart broke little by little, for Kili, for Herself, for Pansy, for all that lay down there at the shore. “Please take if from me” she asked pleadingly to Thranduil weakly turning to look at him. He took a step towards her with deep pity and remorse in his eyes “why does it hurt so much?” she asked clutching the stone to her chest. “because it was and is real” Thranduil spoke. Tauriel turned to him sharply her eyes glittering, then she turned to look back upon the scene and slowly through her tears a smile formed as she brought the stone to her lips and kissed it Tenderly.

Bilbo sat on stone steps and Gandalf beside him, He looked out with hollow eyes as Gandalf struggled to get his pipe going. The Gray Wizards nerves were horribly ragged. Bilbo wanted to say something about how now wasn’t the time for that as his eyes stayed glued to the scene before him, but let it by for it was evident Gandalf was hurting too. Gandalf finally got his pipe to light and looked to Bilbo who turned his gaze back onto the river shore. Where slowly Thorin’s company, minus two gathered around the still weeping Kili, and the two bodies that lay in the snow under the fading pink hues of the sun's final hours. Their king was gone.

Balin cried over Thorin’s Body Dwalin standing behind them. One by own half of them kneeled lost in grief. Bilbo covered his mouth and tried to take deep breaths as the tears felt like they would overcome him again.. Kili leaned forward, Kissed Pansy gently letting it linger, hoping to warm her lips with his as if it would draw her body awake. And as he pulled away. A sharp faint gasp came from her. Kili sat up startled her eyes didn’t open and she did not take a breath after, he rested his ear to her chest, and like a soft drum, something beat inside of it. “Help!” He called out looking very everyone’s faces. “Help! She’s alive! She’s still yet alive!” Kili said gathering her up into his arms quickly he tripped and stumbled rushing to his feet. “Bilbo! Gandalf!” He called out.

Bilbo raised his head and looked out stunned. “w-what, what was that?” He asked quickly to Gandalf who smiled and stood as well grabbing his staff “He said she is alive” Gandalf said puffing on his pipe. He turned to Bilbo and rushed him down the steps to the shore “hurry we don’t know for how long” Gandalf called.

Thranduil rested a hand on Tauriel’s shoulder and with a small bow of his head quickly left and made for the gates of Erebor.
♠ ♠ ♠
T.T sorry I couldn's see how saving Thorin would fit into the sequel. but this still is not the final chapter of this current story.

Disclaimer: The song Pansy sings, is from The Return of the King cartoon movie.