Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Concerning Hobbits

First Breakfast

Pansy’s eyes flew open as she rushed to her drawers. Flinging her cloths all over the room, the picked out an dress for the day and a tossed a few clothing items in a sack. Just in case (by any luck ) she would be able to join Bilbo on his adventure. In her night gown she tipped toed down the small rounded hall to the wash room. There was no time for hot water so she settled for a quick bath in cold water. Wasting little time Pansy dressed herself and rushed to the kitchen, on her way her peeked into the rooms ever so quietly, to check on their esteemed visitors. In the first room, Nori was snoring especially loud, Ori had cotton stuffed into his ear while Dori held his pillow over his head trying to drowned out the noise. Pansy giggled softly and continued on her way. The following room contained Oin, Gloin, Dwalin, and Balin. The four of them asleep like rocks, now while Gloin was snoring far louder than that of Nori, none of the other s seemed to be affected by the sound. A smiled came to pansy’s face as she scuttled on. Bifur, Bombur, and Bofur, were quiet sleepers, across from there room lied the room of Thorin, Fili, and Kili. Pansy peeked her head inside to see all where sleeping soundly, she smiled and inched away from their room, headed for the kitchen once more.

Kili opened one eye and sat up in his bed he looked over at his family who were still resting and slipped out of bed, wandering down the hall. As he reached the kitchen, he could hear the sounds of running water, the clicking of pans, and light sizzle of bacon. He leaned against the door way and watched as she little Hobbit girl scurried here and there across the polished wood floors.

Pansy hummed to herself silently as she got to work. Yes she put up a fuss about it the night before, but that was to keep face. After all what kind of Burglar as an assistant whom enjoys cooking, and rising early, not one she had ever read of that was for sure. She checked on the bacon making sure it was getting nice a crispy, she couldn’t feed Dwarfs floppy bacon, what would they think of the Shire folk then. She put on a pot of coffee, an a kettle f tea, running over to a bag of biscuits she popped them in the oven. The house was starting to smell of wonderful things. Pansy was so focused on her work that she had not taken notice of the quest that was watching her, and was startled as a chuckle came from him. “you move like lightening for a creature so small” Kili said walking into the Kitchen. Pansy stopped in her tracks nearly dropping the ham she had taken out of the second oven. “oh!” she gasped saving the ham and resting a hand on her heart. Kili laughed “I did not intend to scare you” he said taking the Ham from her and setting it down on the table. “Wh-who said you scared me?” pansy asked regaining her composer was she wandered over to the stove, pouring batter into a frying pan. “right, right, there’s little chance a relative of the skillful Burglar Baggins” Kili said with a playful smile “the one who is Recommended by the Grey wizard” He added Pansy turned around with the skillet in her hand, she pointed at him with her tossing spoon “I wouldn’t mock, the one cooking your breakfast” she said trying to look as serious as possible, but that light hearted smile in which Kili held sent a smile to her face as well. “You’re flat cake is burning” Kili snicker as smoke arose from the pan. Pansy looked down at the pan and quickly took the cake out setting it on a plate. “Bother it all” she cursed tossing it into the trash. “The first cake always comes out burned” Kili offered pansy shook her head “Not with me it certainly does not!” she muttered highly annoyed. She glance dup at Kili “well if you are going to be in hear” she said tossing him a knife, he skillfully caught it, without cutting himself “peel and cut the potato, please, if you are still so At my service” Pansy said, Kili looked down at the Knife and then to the Potatoes, as long as he did not have to cook them, the taste wasn’t all too bad. He walked over to her side and got to work.

Pans over pots, kettles in bowls, batter on the floors, and the sink was nearly full. Yet breakfast was served. Many deliciously prepared morning meats lay in the center of the table. The table had been made longer as Kili & Pansy had pushed just about every fitting table they could find together. Flat cakes, seed-cakes, sweet cakes, corn cakes, biscuits, and Cram lined the tables. Poached, fried, and scrambled eggs. Two very large omelets and a pint full of Coffee, and matching Pints of tea (one chilled and one hot of course). And just about every kind of morning served potato a hobbit knew how to make. Orange juice and water pitches to top in all off and a vase of flowers for a touch of love. The Smell of the food floated down the halls of the Hobbit hole as Pansy opened up the front door for more light and fresh morning air. The sky was a pristine pale blue as the sun had only just made it half way above the hill tops. Gradually and groggily the dwarfs awoke. And it would only be so fitting that the most important appearing Dwarves awoke first. Dwalin, Thorin, Gloin, and Balin came down the halls. “Something smells right fine” Gloin commented taking a seat at the table. Pansy whipped her hands on her apron and crossed her arms “well I should hope so! Up at the crack of dawn, getting all your orders, and dare I say extra” Pansy commented she then nodded her head respectfully “Good morning to you My lords” she said, but got no answer .Thorin took a seat at one head of the table, at his side was Kili who had already dug in to the food he had piled upon his plate. Dwalin and Balin took seat next to one another before filling their plates as well. It was quiet obvious that they were not the morning sort.

“Oh a feast worthy of kings!” Bombur called as he came wandering down the hall, with Fili and Nori. Pansy smiled “ let’s hope it’s a feast worthy of all of thee” Pansy chuckled, yet she was a bit worried, she knew not of dwarfs eating habits, but from what Bilbo had said they ate as much at one time, as Hobbits like herself ate in the whole day. “Try the potatoes…I peeled ‘em” Kili said with a mouth full of food, to Fili “I’m not so sure I want to” Fili said with a laugh continuing to add things to his plate. As if on cue the rest of the dwarfs entered in and took their places. Pansy watched as the dwarves ate, and chatted about the upcoming journey, every word taunting her, making worry that much more about her ability to go. She began to look off to the side worriedly, and then Gandalf entered the room, looking much out of place at the table as he took his seat. “Good morning Little Baggins” He called out to Pansy she smiled somewhat “morning Gandalf sir” She said, Gandalf’s smile then turned to a frown “we still have yet to discuss your punishment for snooping into important meetings” Gandalf said Pansy looked up her eyes slightly frightful. “B-but I was not myself. Drunken I was. Honest, I meant no harm” He said quickly “the child’s actions where harmless Gandalf” Thorin said calmly looking away from his conversation with Balin. Gandalf sent him a look and in it was mischief. “I know she has heard far too much” Gandalf said sternly. Pansy bit her lip; Kili’s eyes darted between the two. “I know nothing.” Pansy said, “you know everything, and because of this” Gandalf said with a serious face, Pansy gulped what was he going to do? Turn her into a toad, a fly, maybe he would make her a pillar of salt to bow away in the wind or topple to the floor. Gandalf then smirked “and because of this…you are to accompany your lords on a dreadful nasty adventure. You will arrive back late for supper, if you arrive back at all.” Gandalf said. Pansy’s eyes became saucers, she mouth opened, then closed, and opened again. “Preposterous!” Thorin called Pansy looked up at him finally shutting her mouth “This is no Journey for the likes of a Woman…maybe if she was that of a ranger, but this, this is a hobbit child” Thorin said. Balin nodded in agreement “she knows nothing of battle, look at her, she is still very young and has much to learn” Balin said. Gandalf shook his head “No” he said a smile coming to his lips “Her age is worth more than what you can tell, there yet much we do not know of Pansy Baggins” Gandalf added. Pansy gave him a grateful smile “she will slow us down, we mean no disrespect” Thorin said “but we cannot afford extra risk” He added Pansy frowned and looked to the ground. Surely if they’re leader did not want her along, she wouldn’t be going.

Kili set down his fork and stood up “Let her come, after all she is the Burglars’ Blood. She may prove useful” He said Fili nodded “she’s small enough not to be seen by wider eyes, she might be good to have in dealings with smaug” Fili said adding to his brother’s cause. “What good is a fightless warrior against a mighty dragon” Balin grunted. “She will not be Fightless. I carry with me an extra bow, I shall train her. The journey is long it will be enough time” Kili said seriously looking back at Pansy “she will be a skilled archer before the end, on my word” He added looking down at his Uncle. Gandalf as well looked to Thorin “So Thorin, what say you?” He asked, pansy’s eyes fell on Thorin and watched him intently. Thorin sighed “ I think that this is ridiculous, and that it won’t end well, but I trust Kili’s word, and if Gandalf so see’s it fit. You may stay along for the journey” Thorin said slowly but annoyance was clear in his tone. Pansy gasped and a wide grin came to her face, she clasped her hands together and bit her lip as not to squeal. On the inside she was dancing, her heart beat like a drum, and it finally got to wear she could contain herself no longer, she rushed over to Kili and grabbed his hands, drawing him away from his chair she made him dance around in circles with her “Adventure! Adventure! A glorious journey!” she called laughing “This hobbit is going on an Adventure!” she called Kili laughed as she stopped dancing and ran back to her room, to pack more necessary possessions.