Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Concerning Hobbits

A Union of Kings

The days passed, and the pain and loss though still there eased, and Life continued, The Dwarves of Erebor worked at restoring their home and recovering from battle. Bilbo resting up before the return journey, he didn’t like to think about leaving Pansy behind there, for she had been with him so long, and he had watched her grow. He waited outside her chambers, dressed in dwarven royal garb, that fit just a bit loose on him. He took in a deep breathed and twiddled his thumbs when Pansy finally exited. Adored in all white from head to toe with the Kings crown on her head. she seemed to glow. “how do I look?” Pansy asked twirling around a smile on her face. “you look, wonderful!” Bilbo gasped already feeling tears coming and the event had not even started yet. Pansy smiled up at him has he held out his arm for her, Pansy gladly linked her arm in his and walked with him down the long halls to the entrance hall. They stopped just around the corner of the large corridor “are you ready?” Bilbo asked her Pansy nodded with a soft smile her face glowing “are you?” she asked. Bilbo sucked in his lips and bit his jaw blinking hard trying to fight tears, “no” He said his voice cracking “but I am going to do it anyway” he said composing himself.

Bilbo and Pansy rounded the Corner and walked down the Entrance hall which was elaborately decorated with all sorts of silver, clear jewels, and pearls. The people of Dale and Dwarves from all 7 of the dwarf kingdoms, The Misty, Blue, Red and Grey Mountain dwarves, The Iron Hills, even dwarves from the Glittering Caves, all lined the sides of the hall. This included Dane,Beorn, Bard, and his children, as well as Radaghast, Thranduil, Elrond a small host of Elves and the Lady Galadriel. As Pansy passed them they out bow their heads. Pansy looked up the hall ahead of her int he sunlight of the Open gates stood Kili, dressed in royal robes he held in his hands a small blue cushion and it sat a soft silver chained forehead crown and a small square silver ring that was all too familiar, as it had once been Thorin’s. Dwarf Women sung softly in unison.

Bilbo walked Pansy to the entrance and she stood before Kili, but not before giving a nod to the company who surrounded him. Kili stepped off to the right, and Pansy to the left, Bilbo between them as Kili and Pansy faced each other. Gandalf stood behind them and cleared his throat causing everyone including the singing Dwarf women to silence themselves. “We have come together here in celebration of the joining together of Pansy Arkenstone-” Pansy raised her hand “ Pansy Arkenstone Baggins” she corrected quickly. Bilbo smiled and Gandalf nodded “right and Kili son of Durin’s Folk. There are many things to say about marriage.” Gandalf spoke, Pansy blushed at even the sound of the word but nonetheless beamed. “Much wisdom concerning the joining together of two souls, has come our way through all paths of life, and from many cultures. With each union, more knowledge is gained and more wisdom gathered. Though we are unable to give all this knowledge to these two, who stand before us, we can hope to leave with them the knowledge of love and its strengths and the anticipation of the wisdom that comes with time. The law of life is love unto all beings. Without love, life is nothing, without love, death has no redemption. Love is anterior to Life, posterior to Death, initial of Creation and the exponent of Earth. If we learn no more in life, let it be this.” Gandalf said looking between both Pansy and Kili who watched him speak. His words so relevant to them that it almost hurt, but it was a good pain for much of what they had learned along the way of the quest for Erebor and the Battle for the mountain was just what Gandalf had said.

“This Union is a bond to be entered into only after considerable thought and reflection. As with any aspect of life, it has its cycles, its ups and its downs, its trials and its triumphs. With full understanding of this, Kili and Pansy have come here today to be joined as one. I ask simply if she comes of her own will and if she has her family's blessing. Pansy is it true that you come of your own free will and accord?. ” Gandalf said Pansy nodded and smiled “I have” she said “To who comes, with his blessing to accompany you” Gand asked turning his gaze to Bilbo. Who with teary eyes and swallowing back the tears took Pansy’s hand and Kili’s and joined them together “I” said Bilbo with a smile as he backed away. Pansy smiled at him as he went to stand with the others in a crescent line behind them.

Pansy looked at her hands in Kili’s while he balanced the small blue pillow in his other hand.

“Above you in the stars beyond the day, below you and around in the stones, as time does pass, remember...” Gandalf said a small smile now forming on his face. “Such as stone your love will be firm, as the stars should your love will be constant. The strength of your wills bind you together, let the power of love and desire make you happy, and the strength of your bonds make you inseparable. Be close, but not too close. Possess one another, yet be understanding. Have patience with one another, for shadows shall fall, but they will pass quickly with new light. Be free in giving affection and warmth. Have no fear and let not the pains of the past give you unease.”

Gandalf turned to Kili “it is not my call to forge Pansy to you Kili, only you have this right. If it is so your wish, say so at this time and place your ring in her hand.” Gandalf said. Kili nodded and exhaled he gave a nervous goofy smile at Pansy as he placed Thorin’s old ring in her hand, but his words were unwavering “It is my wish” He said. “Pansy if it is you wish, to be forged within this bond, bound to him, place the ring on Kili’s hand.” With Gandalf’s words, Pansy took up Thorin’s ring with great care and slipped it on Kili’s left finger. “If it be your wish now say so and Place the King crown atop his head” Gandalf said. Pansy removed her hand from Kili’s and slowly pulled the Kings crown off of her head. “It is my wish” she said tenderly. Standing on her toe tips to reach his height she set the crown on his head. It sat almost as it had on her but not so much on his forehead, either way, it fit perfectly to her. “ Kili, now place the Crown of Last Light, atop her head” said Gandalf. Kili handed Gandalf the small blue pillow and took from it the silver crown, slipping it gently onto Pansy’s forehead, very aware of her still mending Scar.

Gandalf gave a wide smile as he looked down at the two. “Kili repeat what the phrase you have memorized” Gandalf said. “I, Kili, Son of Durin’s folk, in the name of the name of my fathers, by this life that courses through my blood and the love that resides within my heart, take you, Pansy Arkenstone Baggins”Kili smiled playfully as he spoke, “to my hand, my heart, and my spirit, to be my chosen one. To desire you and be desired by you, to keep you” Kili’s voice became more serious and while her heart raced Pansy used all that she had not to giggle at the matching expression on his face “and be kept by you, without judgment or shame, for naught can exist in the purity of my love for you. I promise to love wholly and completely without restraint, in ill and in good health, in plenty and in poverty, in life and beyond, where we shall meet, remember, and love again.” Kili said holding her hands in his.

Bilbo fumbled in his pockets, he knew he must have hidden that handkerchief somewhere. Pansy looked up at Gandalf who nodded to her. ““I, Pansy Arkenstone Baggins in the name of the name of the Valar that has made me, by this life that courses through my blood and the love that resides within my heart, take thee Kili, Durin’s Son to my hand, my heart, and my spirit, to be my chosen one. To desire thee and be desired by thee, to keep thee and be kept by thee, without judgment or shame, for neither shall exist in the purity of my love. I promise to love wholly and completely without restraint, in ill and in good health, in plenty and in poverty, in life and beyond, where we shall meet, remember, and love once more.” Pansy said in near echo.

Then A dwarf woman with soft sleek strawberry blonde hair and a long beard to match, which was wrapped around her neck like a scarf. Walked to them, a smile on her face as she carried a large ornate golden chalice. Her eyes were dark deep brown, with an easy flow in them. “Dis” Gandalf called to her Dis handed “May you drink of the cup of love” Gandalf said. As Dis handed Kili the chalice he reached into his pocket and handed her back her Runestone, he had kept his promise. “mother” he said with a head bow. Dis returned his gesture with a small smile and backed away. Kili stepped closer to Pansy and while looking deep into her silvery eye held the chalice down to her lips as she drank the wine. She then took it from him and held it up to his lips as he did the same placing is hands over hers around it.

“oh where is that blasted” Bilbo mumbled under his breath as he now with more desperation searched for his handkerchief. Dori tapped on his holder and Held out his own to him. Bilbo took it and quickly wiped his eyes. Gandalf handed Kili a small thumb size piece of bread. Kili broke it carefully, handing Pansy a piece to hold and then feeding to her the other half. As Pansy took the small half of bread in her mouth and ate it she fed him the second piece he had even her.

“I now pronounce you wed! May your love so endure as a flame remains guiding light unto you both.” Gandalf said he held out his hands before him and motioned them together as a signal for them “Pansy” Kili exhaled happily “Oh! Enough words just kiss her and get it over with!” Gloin called out in a playful sort of way. The Company chuckled as did Kili as Pansy blushed cherry red. Kili shrugged grinned and leaned in and gave her a tender kiss. Beorn opened a bird cage releasing two Albino Raven’s into the room, crowing loudly they took to the air flying out of the entrance and into the sky. Kili and Pansy turned and watched the fly off far beyond the skyline.

Bilbo blew his nose loudly grabbing everyone attention. “I am alright, I-I just need a moment!” He called out voice cracking Pansy still smiling shook her head “Oh Bilbo” she said giggling.

A Great feast was to be held that night, It was Evening now Pansy stood near Kili as they help prepare for the great feast and watched as everyone conversed and laughed. She looked over all their faces and thought just how much she had cherished their friendship dearly and though it had only been under a year it had felt like an age that she had gotten to know them over their journey.

The sun was setting now and it was time for Bilbo to leave, Balin walked him to the gates Bilbo was grateful that everyone was feasting, he would rather not have to go through the pain of goodbye.”There is to be a great feast tonight, songs will be sung, tales will be told and Thorin Oakenshield” Balin’s voice cracked slightly “pass into legend” Balin said. “ I know that's how you must honor him, but, to me, he was never that” Bilbo said with a smile “he was-to me he was-” Bilbo’s voice cracked and he just couldn’t do it. Balin nodded in understanding and Bilbo smiled faintly, looking up to the horizon and the road ahead of him “well I think I will slip quietly away if you would tell the others I said goodbye” Bilbo said going to head off “you can tell them yourself” said Balin. Bilbo stopped and slowly turned back to see Thorin’s company standing in the entrance. Kili and Pansy at their center.

Bilbo smiled in surprised and laughed just a bit he walked to stand before them “ah, if any of you are every passing Bag End” Bilbo thought for a moment “ah, tea is at four, there is plenty of it, you are welcome anytime” He said, to which they all bowed save pansy who stood covering her mouth. Bilbo turned away briefly but turned back “uh, and don’t bother knocking” he said causing them all to laugh including Gandalf who waiting for him ready to leave. Bilbo turned and walked down the bridge leaving. Pansy gasped and tore off after him “Wait!” she cried out arms outstretched in front of her.

Bilbo stopped and turned around. Pansy lunged at him warping her arms around his waist she hid her face in his shoulder “You will always be my brother!” she cried, Bilbo hugged her back slowly and rested a hand on her head. And hid his face in the top of her head, he kissed it “my dearest Pansy, you will be happy here, and you will have many babies” he said pulling away with a smile he held her at arms length to look at her. “you will send me portraits of them every season and write me every week, you will grow old, and your children will grow.” Pansy sniffled and smiled at him. “you will be” he sighed “the best queen these halls have ever seen, and I can only hope, that one day I will see you again” He said. Pansy smiled and nodded through her tears and embraced him one last time because backing away and letting him go. Watching him ride off into the setting sun with Gandalf, as Kili held her from behind.
♠ ♠ ♠
Alright, that's it for the sadness the next chapter is the last, and then keep a look out for the sequel if you wish X) because it is coming.