Status: Rated R for violence, gore, use of alcohol, suggestive themes and nudity

Concerning Hobbits

Troublesome Trolls

For days now they had ridden, and yet all bonds were still the same, and their merry trek took a turn. Howling rain and whipping winds fell upon the party. They had abandoned their ponies to trudge through the thick mud and sliding rocks on the road. Pulling behind them unwilling steeds, who greatly protested the rain. Pansy pulled her hood over her head but it did little good, by now the rain has soaked through her cloak, right through to her clothing, her hair a long tangled mopped. The most good that had come from the experience was that the water was soothing on her burned hand, and gave her something else to focus on. Shloping her feet through the slippery ground she began to fall behind, but she was not alone, not far ahead of her was Bilbo. Who was having none of it, by this time he was ready to back in the Shire, cozy in his hobbit hole, “To think it will soon be June!” Bilbo muttered bitterly as his hood, which was far over sized having belonged to Dwalin, hung over his face covering his eyes, and dripping wet. He flung the hood back a bit and sighed “Bother burgling and everything to do with it! I wish I was at home in my nice hole by the fire, with the kettle just beginning to sing!” Bilbo muttered, Pansy frowned she was starting to agree with him, and this was just the start, but it was a start nonetheless and that very thought picked up Pansy’s spirits. “Come now Bilbo, be at cheer, this rain cannot last forever” She said picking up her speed, walking along side Bilbo. Bilbo looked at the sky and groaned the sky certainly looked as if it wanted to rain forever.
Night started to fall, not that anyone could point out the sun behind such a large curtain of grey, but it was darker than it had been before. The party was quiet, all spirit were down at the moment, “but it’s two quiet” Pansy thought she looked to Bilbo whom had noticed the same “where is Gandalf?” Bilbo asked when Pansy thought back on it, he never really said that he too was playing a part in the adventure. To add to that he was a wizard, he probably had lots to do all at one time. “Just when a wizard would have been most useful, too” Dori groaned with an nod of agreement for Nori. Pansy smiled meekly “Maybe we should rest…the ponies are tired, Bilbo is miserable.” She called out “and we’re soaked to the bone!” Kili complained moving his hair out of his face, both He and his brother Kili and a good majority more of the dwarfs whom had length of hair were blinded by them, plastered to their faces by wind and rain. Thorin looked back at the company, who were now looking very much like wet rats. “Right indeed, over there, to that gathering of tree’s quickly now” Thorin ordered, the company pushed themselves to walk faster and within a few moments they had reached the tree’s and set up camp.

Pansy sat on a small rock and watch as Oin and Gloin tried their best to start a fire, masters at doing so, not even they could get a decent fire going. The wind would shake free the droplets of rain that got caught in the leave and rain them down on the group, thus dousing the fire. In the near far, there was a river, it rushed with great force was its banks were over flowing. Pansy shivered a bit under the wind, her hand had stopped hurting long ago. Her eyes turned back to Oin and Gloin whom decided it best to give up on the fire and rest a while. “I feel like a cat that’s been given a bath by its masters.” Pansy said out loud “we look like it too, blasted rain, and wind, the Fire will not hold longer than a few seconds” Oin called out, Nori sighed “there goes supper” He said. Pansy shook her head, wait” she called going over to her sack she pulled out a small wooden box, inside there were little objects wrapped in the large leaves of Mustard Greens. “They are Crams.” She said looking down at them “I know it’s not much, but there is enough for everyone to at least take one” She said holing out the box. One by one they got in line and took a Cram from the box “Bless your soul for plan hobbit sense!” Bilbo called after everyone had ate. Pansy smiled “or rather a plan hobbit stomach” she giggled. Suddenly the wind blew and one of their pony’s reared, he broke free from his ropes and ran for the river. “Stop him, Quickly!” Bifur called, Fili and Kili jumped to their feet and ran after the Pony, following him right into the rushing river.

However it was nearly impossible to hold onto the reigns, and stay above such mighty waters all at the same time. The party rose to their feet in case they had to commit a rescue for the two brothers. Kili’s footing slipped under the movement of the pebbles below him, falling beneath the water “Kili!” Fili called ready to let go of the pony and swim after his brother “keep hold of the Reigns!” Thorin ordered, “give me that rope!” he called back to Balin, Pansy ran to the river down its path a bit to Find Kili had grabbed onto the large fallen branch, She sighed in relief and smiled a bit “down here hurry!” she called, Thorin and Balin uncoiled the rope and tossed it to her, Pansy quickly tied it into a lasso and threw it to Kili who wrapped it around his body before trying to swim back to the shore, Thorin and Balin pulled the rope to bring him in faster. As Kili neared the shore, Pansy reached out her hand, Kili made to grab it when the rope snapped. Pansy lunged forward and took his sleeve before he could be swept away again. He grabbed her other arm and she started to tug him onto the shore, once he was on land pansy fell back, completely worn out, Kili was little but he was heavy, much too heavy to be pulling away where on one’s own. “Little you may be, but helpless you are certainly not” Kili gasped quickly getting to his feet, “I thank you” He said before rushing back to Fili “out of the water let him go, it’s not worth it!” Dwalin called out, Fili let go of the pony and swam for the shore. Once all of the baggage fell off of the steed it was able to make it across the river. The group watched the supplies drift down stream. “that pony was carrying the rations” Dori said, Pansy shook her head and sat down on her rock under the tree’s again “we can always find food…be glad nothing worse happened” she said Thorin “the child is right, it’s best we all rest now, maybe the rain will be gone my morning” he said. With that they made their beds, and lay down for the night.

However no one found rest, and soon the whole party was up again. Pansy watched Oin and Gloin try to start the fire yet again. Fili now trying to help them, and was more or less just getting in the way. Pansy shivered her clothes were still, there was little conversation, and everything seemed miserable. But she knew this adventure would have been more than sweet pony rides, lovely may days, and new conversations. And to top it all off, she couldn’t recall if she had brought her book or left it back in Bag End. Balin a ways away from the party he having the best eyes was always their lookout. In the distance far off in the forest he spotted something glowing in the dark, a warm orange hue. “Look!” He called out to the others pointing “Light!” He said. Thorin walked to his side. All was quiet, Bilbo and Pansy watched with Kili and Fili was the elder dwarves began to bicker hopelessly about what should be done. “ We could but go and see, anything was better than little supper, less breakfast, and wet clothes all the night.” Gloin grumbled crossing his arms “These parts are none too well known, and are too near the mountains. Travelers seldom come this way now. The old maps are no use: things have changed for the worse and the road is unguarded. They have seldom even heard of the king round here, and the less inquisitive you are as you go along, the less trouble you are likely to find.” Bombur said, “But there are fifth teen of us! What chance would they stand?” Oin called out. “Oh where has Gandalf gone” Balin sighed. This question was ever present in all of their minds.

As the argued the rain got worse, Pansy shivered and sneezed a bit. Kili took off his cloak as if my instinct and wrapped it around her shaking shoulders. Politely she thanked him; however his cloak was just as drenched as her own. But the effort was appreciated. Kili smiled down at hear wearily and nodded, their attention was brought back to the situation at hand as Gloin and Oin broke out into a small brawl. “Now, now you two!” Bilbo called out trying to stop the fight. “That settles it!” Thorin finally called out loudly He had, had enough of this “What is the use of having a Burglar, if not to use his skill along the way, let us put his skills to the test” Thorin added, It wasn’t the best idea, Pansy could feel it but there was no saying no to Thorin. His word was the final word. The group packed back up and grabbed the reigns of their ponies (or what was left of them) and headed off. They climbed up a steep hill and over the hill lay the forest. The orange light glimmered brightly, but was still very far. Soon they found themselves in the forest. Though they tried to move quietly, they still made a good amount of noise. Between the clopping of the ponies hooves, and the breaking of twigs, rustling of branches. Kili looked down at Pansy who, as well as Bilbo, seemed to be able to move freely through the forest, soundlessly. “You move as still and as silent as shadows” He whispered down to her “all hobbits move so in forests…luck of the Halfling it is” Pansy said as they got as close to the fire as they would have liked to risk Thorin turned to Bilbo “Now it is your turn, Burglar Baggins” Thorin said Bilbo gulped “You must go on and find out all about that glow, and what it is for, and if all is perfectly secure” Pansy rested a hand on Bilbo’s shoulder “I’ll go along too, safety in numbers” She said, Bilbo smiled at her “absolutely not” Thorin called Pansy turned to him “and why not? Two of us and bring back more information than one of us could” she reasoned. “Let her go, She will to been seen or heard, either of them” Kili added in. Thorin Ignored their statements “scuttle off, and come back quick, if all is well. If not, come back if you can! It you can't, hoot twice like a barn-owl and once like a screech-owl, and we will do what we can.” Thorin advised. He handed pansy a small dagger before backing away to let them go. “but-“ Bilbo said as she ushered him away “I don’t suppose you know how to hoot at all?” He asked her, Pansy thought about it “no so let us pray nothing goes wrong…lest we have to bark like wild dogs instead” she said as they walked through the thick branches, Bilbo lead the way, having the best eyesight at night.

They came to the edge, and in a clearing roared a monstrous fire, the air smelled of freshly cooked lamb, enough to make the hungry Hobbits salivate and their stomach rumble. The fire was made of sturdy beech logs. The hobbits eyes drifted up from enormous feet. Giants of persons sat in a circle tearing apart large bits of meat. They looked dissatisfied, though it smelled heavenly. “Tr-tr-“ Pansy stuttered with wide eyes, Bilbo quickly covered her mouth “ssshhh!” he hushed her, Pansy trembled in his grasp. She had read of them, but to actually see them, was a new born fear all its own. “Mutton yesterday, mutton today, and blimey, if it don't look like mutton again tomorrer” One of the trolls said he’s speech was very improper even compared to that of the hobbits, but what more could they expect. A second troll grumbled loudly “Never a scanty bit of man flesh have we had for long enough!” He roared “What the 'ell William was a-thinkin' of to bring us into these parts at all, beats me and the drink is runnin' short, to boot” He went on, nudging the third Troll whom Both hobbits assumed to be William. “Well, who would have ever thought a troll would hold such an commonly name” Pansy whispered as Bilbo removed his hand from her mouth. “Shut yer maw!” William roared “Yer can't suppose folk to stop here forever just to be ‘et by you and Bert. You've ‘et a township and a half between yer, since we come down the mountains. How much extra d'yer wants? And time's been long, since yer'd have said 'thank yer Bill' for a nice bit o' plump valley mutton like what it this!” William continued in indignation chomping into the lamb leg he had just pulled off the fire. Pansy’s stomach growled, so loud she feared that she was heard. “Let’s go Bilbo…maybe we should turn back, they will understand. We can at least warn them of these brutes” Pansy asked. Bilbo looked on at the Trolls “no” he said He would not return to Thorin and the others Empty handed, He was Burglar Baggins, Recommended by Gandalf himself, he had a standard to live up to. And there it went, that Took-ish blood of his mother, kicking right in at a most unfortunate time.

“so then what is your plan?” Pansy asked watching the Trolls go about drinking and eating. “plunder their pockets, for whatever we can manage to get away with” Bilbo said, it seemed easy enough, they were very small, and quite hard to see, Pansy nodded. Just as she had worked up the courage to reach into the troll’s pocket him had been doing all the whining. William called out “Blimey, Bert, look what I've copped!” Pansy withdrew her hand quickly, as Bert the whiner and the other troll went other to their friend. “what’ou s’pose it is?” Bert asked. Lumme, if I knows! What are yer? William asked, Bilbo shook in fear as he hung upside down “I-I’m a Burg- I, a Hobbit!” he managed. Pansy bit her lip and looked around for something she could use to help him “A burrahobbit?” the three trolls asked in unison “not very smart are they” Pansy thought, her hand landed on her hip, she felt something cold, looking down she remembered the dagger Thorin had given her.” What do you suppose a burrahobbits got to do with my pocket, anyways, Tom” William asked the previously unknown named Troll. Tom shrugged “Can you cook’em?” he asked “He wouldn't make a mouthful, not when skinned and bonned P'raps there are more like him round about, and we might make a pie” Bert said licking his lips and rubbing his stomach. “Here me you nasty ‘lil rabbit, are there any more of your sort a-sneakin' in these here woods” bert asked Bilbo taking him from William by the hair on his feet “yes, yes lots!” Bilbo said in fear “Bilbo!” Pansy thought shaking her head, still waiting for an opportune time “I mean, No, none, not at all!” he quickly called “he’s playin games” Tom grumbled “for what's more, please don’t cook me kind sirs, for I am a very good cook, I cook better than I cook, if you see what I mean. I'll cook beautifully for you, a perfectly beautiful breakfast for you, if only you won't have me for supper” Bilbo begged. William whom was very drunk by now uttered “Poor little blighter! Let him go!” Bert was still very hungry however and craved man flesh “no not til’ he explain what just he meant by lots and none at all” Bert said. “I don't want to have me throat cut in me sleep. Hold his toes in the fire, till he talks!” Bert added “I won’t have it! He’s mine he is, I caught ‘em” William protested. Pansy saw her chance, she picked up a rock and hurled it up at bert “ey’ you dare hit me! You lout!” He called punching William in the eye, the two began to brawl and Bilbo fell from Bert’s paws and onto the ground, rolling of the tussling Trolls way. Tom watched his two friends fight for a while, before he had enough and hit them over the head with one of the spare Beech logs. In any case he only made things worse. Pansy ran to Bilbo whom fell a good distance away from them out of breath. “Bilbo!” she called “are you alright?” she asked Bilbo shook his head “I should say not, but bless you for that quick thought!” He said.

A rustle came from the bushes Pansy turned to them ad held out her dagger, oddly, she hadn’t held a weapon of any kind before. Balin emerged from the bushes looking down at Pansy in amusement for a second. Tom spotted Balin and let out a terrible sound, his face frowned up in deep snarling lines. “a sack, Tom, quick!” The two other troll howled, Balin hadn’t registered what was happen just yet as she was focused on the hobbits. “Balin move!” Pansy called running to him she was snatched up, not only in his place but along with him. “Mistook lots and none at all, it is, no burrahobbits, but lots of these here dwarves. That's about the shape of it!” Bert called out “we'd best get out of the light.” William said each of the trolls grabbed a few sacks and hid in the shadows. Bilbo sat on the ground disoriented and lost. “no!” Pansy tried to call through the sack, but it was no use not one of the dwarfs could hear her below, and one by one as they walked out, they were just as quickly snatched up. First went Dwalin, Kili and Fili were caught together as it should so happen. Nori, Dori, and Ori were swooped into a bag as a heap. The Trolls were getting pleased with themselves proud, and where finding it harder to stay quiet. Soon all were caught but Thorin. He stayed in the shadows, for he was now every aware that something was not right. He looked over near the fire, to find his whole company had been caught, and where thrashing around wildly in the sacks, trying to break free. “What's all this trouble? Who has been knocking my people about?” He asked himself, Bilbo popped his head out from behind a tree, where he had decided to hide. “Trolls!” He called “They're hiding in the bushes with sacks, forgot all about me, but managed to get the rest of the lot, with Pansy right along with them” Bilbo said in a worried tone, and while he wanted to help, he was afraid. “are they now” Thorin said slowly glaring at the bushes, He calmly walked into the light near the fire. Tom went to lunge at him. Thinking quickly Thorin took a stick and swept it across the fire, before thrusting it into Tom’s eye. The Troll roared loudly in pain and fell aside. “ Tom recovered and kicked sparks from the flames into Thorin's face, in retaliation Thorin took another large branch and knocked one of the trolls great teeth out of its mouth. However William snuck up behind the dwarf king and quickly snatched him up in a bag as well. Bilbo watched from his new hiding spot which had been in a bush. One of the bags was thrashing about wildly.

“Why you overgrown talking boulders, set us loose! Have at you a decent fight!” Pansy cried out , she tried to tear at the bag with her Dagger, but the cloth it was made from was thick and the process was going painfully slow. Her heart raced as all she would think about was them being cooked or skinned alive to be the Trolls morning meal.