Status: Working on an update slowly but surely! -6/14/13

Like You Wanna Be Loved

One

“Nicole,” I heard Kelsey’s voice call from the other side of the shower door.

“Yeah,” I shouted back, straining to hear over the sound of the running water but refusing to turn it off for fear of being left freezing.

“There is someone here to see you. He said that you’d be really happy to see him.”

‘There’s someone here to see me? There’s a “he” here to see me? What the fuck? Evan’s never been here before and I can guarantee that he wouldn’t be able to find the place on his own. Dad didn’t mention that he was coming to visit when I called him last night and there is no way he would drive two and a half hours to get here without telling me. Who else was there? Bo? I spent all last year trying to convince Bo to come visit me, why would he come now? That’s right. He wouldn’t. So, who the fuck is here to see me?’

“Okay, well, I’m in the shower right now…. I’ll try to be out as soon as possible.”

“Okay. I’ll go tell him. He’s waiting in your room.”

‘Great,’ I sighed to myself. ‘The one time I don’t bring a change of clothes to the bathroom; someone shows up and decides to wait in my room.’

After rinsing the shampoo out of my hair, I shut off the water, skipping the beloved conditioner step of my shower routine for the sake of expediency. Wrapping a towel around my body, I grabbed all of my stuff and dumped it in a drawer under the sink.

I hurried to my door but stopped right outside it to make sure my towel was covering me completely before I opened the door to meet this stranger.

What I found left me completely shocked and flabbergasted. Sidney Crosby; like “Captain of the Pittsburgh Penguins, Sidney Crosby” was sitting on my bed reading one of the books off of my bookshelf.

“Hi,” I muttered to get his attention, a slight inquisitive tone was mixed in with my greeting.

Sidney immediately looked up from the book, a huge smile on his face when he saw me.

“’Hi’? That’s all I get,” he questioned teasingly, a laugh on the tip of his tongue.

“Yeah,” I replied seriously.

Sidney jumped off the bed, a look of concern on his face. He rubbed his hands up and down my arms and asked, “What’s wrong? Are you okay?”

“What are you doing here,” I questioned as I stepped back so he was no longer touching me.

“I thought I’d come surprise my girlfriend-“
♠ ♠ ♠
Really short start but the beginning is awkward and a lot thrown at you so I wanted to separate it somehow.

Anyways, I absolutely hate myself for finally giving in and writing a Sidney Crosby story. (I'm a devout Red Wings fan so it kills me inside.) But with the lockout, I've become desperate for any hockey I can get and that led me to reading Crosby stories which led me to this.

LET ME KNOW WHAT YOU THINK! I'll probably update again within 24 hours because I've got quite a bit written so far and I'm on Christmas break so I have nothing else to do.