Status: Completed

'Cause the Hardest Part of This is Leaving You.

You Know What They Do To Guys Like Us In Prison. Part II.

When Frank sees us coming across the lawn, he puts down his rake and walks over to meet us at the fence. I feel a bit dizzy as he gets closer. The garden seems brighter than before.

" This is my friend Lindsey. "
He nods at her.
" I've heard so much about you! " she tells him. And she sighs, a sound that makes her seem small and helpless
.
" Is that right? "

" Oh yes! Gerard talks about you all the time! "

I gave her a kick to shut up, but she dodges me and swishes her hair about.

" Did you get them? " I ask, wanting to distract him from her.
He reaches into his jacket pocket, pulls out a small plastic bag and passes it to me. Inside are small dark mushrooms. They look half formed, secret, not quite ready for the world.
" Where did you get them? "

" I picked them. "

Lindsey snatches the bag from me and holds it up. " How could we know they're right? They could be toadstools! "

"They're not, " he says. " They're not Death Caps or Destroying Angels either. "

She frowns, passes them back to Frank. " I don't think we'll bother. We're better off with Ecstasy. "

" Do both. " he tells her. " Theses now and E another day. "

She turns to me. " What do you think? "

" I think we should take them. "
But then, I've got nothing to lose.

Frank grins. " Good, " he says. " Come over and I'll make some tea with them. "