He's Not Coming

He's Not Coming

El went back to her home with Paisley’s Range Rover. Paisley drove her back to her home. In their way back to El’s home, El kept played sad-melodramatic-broken-heart tunes from her CD. Paisley frowned. “What’s wrong with you?,” she said sympathically. “You didn’t talk about your feelings to Alcott, did you? It’s strange that you’re not play Arctic Monkeys’ tunes..”

El snorted loudly. Paisley gasped. “Shoot! It wasn’t go well, was it?”

“It’s a mishaps.”

“Tell me,” Paisley said exaggerated. “Tell me! Tell me!”

“Shoot, I didn’t even tell my feelings, Pai!,” El said emphatically, became an apeshit. “I just ask him why he so sad, and then he kept talked about Alessia!”

“You can’t say––“

“I can say that!,” El cutted Paisley. She was too mad. “These whole things always ends with Alessia! It’s enough, Pai! It’s enough!”

Tears welled from El’s eyes. She closed her eyes with her eyes. Paisley reached El’s shoulder, and rubbed it softly. She tried to focus on driving, but she couldn’t. So, she stopped the car, and tried to soothe El.

“El, stop,” Paisley said symphatically.

El snorted, and thrust her hands away from her soggy eyes. “I think it’s enough,” El laid her head to the headrest. She perfectly quoted her favorite movie, When in Rome, “We wait for whole lives for some perfect guy to come in, and sweep us off our feet. Well, guess what….” El paused dramatically, and said emphatically, “He’s not coming.”

“El…”

El cried loudly like a baby. Paisley took off her seat-belt, and hugged El. Suddenly, she knew somewhere that made El happy.
******************************************
Starbucks. Starbucks is the answer.

El and Paisley sat near windows as they watched rain fell down. It was their favorite spot. El took a big bite of Croissant, chewed, and smiled.

“Gooooh,” she said, her mouth full. “There was nothing better than cheese melted in my tongue.”

She took a swig of Signature Hot Chocolate. “Goooohhhh,” she said. “Piece of heaven.”

Paisley chuckled. She glad that she made El happy again. “There’s nothing better than Starbucks, huh?”

“Pai, you’re my best friend,” El said, her mouth full of Croissant. “You always knows what I need.”

“El, you’re the queen of Starbucks,” Paisley said, and giggled.

El felt so lucky to has such a best friend like Paisley. She is mature, knows El so well, never steal El’s crushes, and stay true to one guy, her charming boyfriend, Norton Wells; instead of Alessia. She’s may be so kind and true to El; but she often steal El’s crushes. She’s also El’s best friend and knows El so well. El just can’t stand Alessia’s immature attitude, and how she talked too loud. El thinks that Alessia is pretty, but not that pretty. El often thinks she is Alessia’s tail that follows her wherever she goes, whenever she meets cute boys, and whenever she makes appointments with cute boys.

“Mmmm, Pai,” El said, her mouth full. “From now on, I will close my door really tight.”

“What? You can’t do that!,” Paisley said exaggeratedly. “You will never find the meaning of true love!”

“Prince charming wasn’t real,” El said emphatically. “He’s not coming. I even believe that there will be no husband for me.”

Paisley’s gasped. Her mouth opened widely. “You’re a Lebanese?” she said dramatically loud, made everyone in Starbucks stared at them.

“Sssshhhhh!!! No!,” El said emphatically. Sometimes, it’s hard to get Paisley in a serious conversation. Paisley chuckled. “I’m still crushing on Joseph Gordon-Levitt and Harry Styles! I’m straight!”

Paisley chuckled. Everyone in Starbucks started to eat their own food. She looked at El like she was going to throw another joke, her blue eyes that matched to her blond hair were sparkled like five years old kid. She cleaned her throat. “Why you said that?,” she said sheepishly. “You have to believe that true love awaits!,” she said emphatically, her face showed that she was serious. “It’s still one year college. There will be a perfect guy on his knealt, and proposed you.”

“Erk, I’m in relationship with uni schedule and assignments.”

“Whatever,” Paisley said emphatically. She had already gave up. “He will come, trust me. He will. You never know.”
**********************************************