Sequel: Proposal
Status: Seasons Greetings! Feeling heartbreak for Klaus wrote this.

Festive Mood

Invisible Barrier was always there

Katherine got up from laying on the sofa wishing the conversation she had with Kol mostly was real but knew it hadn't been because he wouldn't have taken such news lightly, neither would he have told her he'd wait until Klaus got out. She sighed staring at Sophia brother body and also the damn tea her caster friend gave her to calm down.

"I am never drinking that damn stuff again." She pouted still feeling a bit fuzzy.

She got up trying to remember the last thing she had done before falling asleep. Then remembered it had been asking Sophia why she hadn't gotten Kol's body and why he wasn't waking up. After that came the explanation and talk. The tea she gave her. Katherine realized she hadn't even gone to see Klaus yet. She gets up to leave.

Sophia tells her to check out the barrier for her.
" Why can't you do it?"

" Because Fitz you know my werewolf boyfriend doesn't want me near him."

Katherine sighs. " Good thing I was already planning to check up on him. " Katherine walks towards the door. " And Sophia next time don't give me that damn tea. Gave me weird dream." She shuts door behind her.

She picked up her cellphone when she noticed Sophia calling.

" I forgot to tell you still working on the spell. "
" Are you saying it failed. "
" It didn't fail more like slight complication. "
" Fine whatever as long as it worked. "
" Don't forget we still need his body."
" I know. I would never forget. What's the last thing we talked about before I doze off on that tea?"

" France's cousin. Then I gave you the tea. I told you alcohol wasn't what you needed at the moment. You mumbling about Klaus which I got and worked out what you said."

" You put something in my damn tea didn't you. Didn't know you could do herbal remedies Castor."

" You were tired and stressed. I had to do something to put you to sleep. Your jittery nerves weren't helping my concentration it only made me want to shut you up and you didn't ask."

" Did I happen to mention visiting anyone besides Klaus? "

" Got no idea. But it's time for me to do my job and for you to do yours. Later sweetie, time for you to check on the hybrid."

" Yeah right, maybe I should bring him a treat, think it'll work. "
" Sure if you wanna clean up the mess."
" Forget it."
" I don't care how you do it Katherine but I need that data. So you're going to have to figure out how to walk your wolf."
" He's not."
" Just get the data. Will talk about denial later."

Sophia End call.

Katherine stares at her cellphone. Mouth hangs open. She closes it with a huff. " That bitch just hung up on me." Thinks of Rebekah, Isobel, then Sophia. " Why do I have friends that are such bitches."
She shrugs her shoulders starts the car. "I guess it beats being bored."
Katherine backs out turning the wheel and turns on the radio.

She heads to the Gilbert's house.

" Looks like you're still in one piece."
"Katerina. I thought you weren't coming."
"Sophia asked me to check out the barrier. So here I am."
" Why didn't caster witch come herself? "
"Let's say her lover is the jealous type and prefer not to have another wolf around her if he can help it."
"Territorial about what's his. I can understand that." He looked at her with arms folded in leaning against pillar.
" Is that? "
"Don't look, love."
" His body Sophia said we have to get his body." Klaus stood in front of her but it was as if she was staring straight past him down at Kol.
"Alright we will." He said quietly still watching her.
"Klaus. He still won't wake up. I had this dream it was so real. He found out about Amelia. The conversation I had with him so like him. Except one thing." She said still staring past him.
" Why won't he wake up?" She looked up at him.
"I don't know."
"Come here love." He told her he held his arms out to his side's.
Katherine watched him slowly and she walked towards him. She felt him wrap his arms around her. "Is he really alive?"
"We switched his for Gabriel's."
"Good thing I didn't kill him then."
"Klaus what's wrong?" She looked at his eyes then his face.
"They burned his body as I watched from outside. I couldn't get in."
Katherine hugged him. "It's okay his body maybe dead but Sophia going to revive it. He's sleeping.' she kissed him. Touched her forehead with his. "Nikl he's sleeping." He nodded his head and put her head on his cheek. He listened to her stroking back of her head.
" He's being so stubborn taking his time to wake up."
" That's my baby brother for you, always rebelling."
" We almost lost him."
"Shhh. I know and I intend for it to not happen again."
Katherine could feel him hugging her closer. So she lifted her head to tell him. " Klaus I need you step back Sophia wants me to check out the barrier."
"I don't want to at least not yet."
" I need to check so let go." Klaus wouldn't let go.
" I need to do this and give her the details before somebody might show up to check on you." He sighed letting her go.
" What makes you think they will?"
"Because they are a group together. Only half of them went to get the cure. I'm sure the other half is still here."
" How far can you walk around?"
" Why don't you find out for yourself?"
"And be trapped in there with you." She creased her forehead frowning at him.
" Well you didn't think of that when you walked right in." He pointed where he was standing. She looked and gasped. " Relax you were able to step back out. I'm the one that is trapped here not you."
"That's reminding me of that one conversation we had where you thought it'd be funny to keep me trapped in the cave."
Klaus frowned. " Don't gloat."
" I'm not gloating." Then she stepped back in. "This is pointless if I can leave the barrier then I need you to show me how far along it you can walk not me."
" Very well then." He grinned. Katherine stepped back. "Klaus what are you doing? ' he moved forward, she stepped back "What are you up to?"
" Showing you the range of how far I can go."
" Yeah but you seem more like you're chasing me or that I've become your prey then showing me."
"Am I?"
" You're still in a bad mood." Katherine stepped even quicker around pillar of the kitchen through living room in a circle until she bumped into the sofa and he followed her. Not noticing because of the way Klaus had been staring at her she fell onto the sofa. "Klaus." She looked up at him pleading for him to stop.
" There you have it my range of being closed into this damn witches spell. That I cannot leave until I am freed." He leaned closer
Katherine without thinking reached out and touched his cheek. He hesitated. "I know you're still mad' he frowned at the understatement of her remark. She reached out with her other hand touching his other cheek when she noticed it had worked the first time. "but you need to calm down just a little." Katherine stroked his cheek remembering that was what he did when he saw her again in Alaric's body. " If you don't you won't be able to focus or plan. You need to plan if they get that cure." She didn't realize she was still stroking his cheek when he told her to stop talking. She moved one of her hands.

Klaus sighed sitting on the sofa next to her. " I've calm down a little."
" You're still livid. And you're going to get angrier when you get out."
Katherine moved her other hand away. Remember to send her witch the info she text her. Klaus not liking the fact she had stopped touching him pulled her into his lap. "Klaus." Katherine pulled away a little. " We're still not done talking. So I'm not sitting in your lap."
"Don't move."
"Klaus." She gritted her teeth said in calm tone.
" It relaxes me." Katherine gave him a stare to see if he was lying. But she couldn't tell so she stayed turning her head. And quickly as it came he had kissed her then pulled away. Katherine was not happy about any of this.
"I told you I wanted to see you."
" That part was real."
"You don't remember are conversation."
" I had some damn tea that messed with my head. I don't know what part was real or what isn't."
"Wonderful." Klaus sarcastically muttered.
"Think about how I feel. I still have to figure out what I did was real and what wasn't." She lowered her eyes not liking how vulnerable she felt.
" You have such a great friend that gives you tea that allows you to not remember your own actions and whether they are illusionary or not."
" She was only trying to help since she said I was wound up by you two getting into trouble."
" I'd like to meet this witch of yours that seems to have insight on my actions on how I would behave considering we haven't met yet."
" You can stop with the sarcasm it's not like she hasn't heard rumors about you." Katherine patted his chest.
" Oh lovely, and yet I've to hear a word about her reputation."
"Really, you two should have already met." Klaus shrugs his shoulders at her. He looks at her I-don' t-think-I-have. "Have I?"
" I am too tired Klaus. I'm not playing your game."
Katherine laughed when he rolled his eyes. So he kisses her again and he waits to see if she pulls away. Her eyes open she pulls out her cellphone to look down at it.

She gets a text from Sophia.

Got some energy readings and what you sent me. He's screwed looks like moon barrier tied to his wolf side he'll be stuck until moon phase passes. No luck there.

"What is it?"
" She said you're screwed. Looks like you're not getting out until moon phase passes and the spell fizzles out. The spell tied to your wolf side. Guess bad time to be a wolf." She slaps cellphone in her hand.
"For how long?"
Katherine text her.

Katherine txt

Klaus asked for how long?

Sophia txt

About 3 days.

Klaus doesn't need to ask when Katherine shows him her text.

Katherine gets up and tells him she needs to check on Kol again.

She turns to him. "Klaus remember Paris when you found me there with your siblings."
"Yes. How could I forget."
" I just wanted to know if you remember."
"Do you remember what I asked you after we danced?"
" You asked me if I would chase you and I have ever since."
" Do you remember the last time you found me?"
" What are you getting at?"
" When all of this is over."
"Katerina look at me."
She looked in his direction. "No. Look at me, not through me or pass my head."
Klaus held onto her shoulders standing face to face. "If you're going to say something while looking at me. Then look. At. Me."
Katherine breathed. " Come home. I don't care if you're still a hybrid or a wolf. Just alive. Stay alive and come home."
" And where is that exactly?"
" The place that is home. Where we all were."
She told him reminding him.
"I won't be there right away. I need to check on Amelia in case they get the cure and you somehow take it. That way we know for sure if it effects her too."
"Right. Of course you do. Don't get bit." His voice roughed in warning reminding her if he ends up taking the cure he wouldn't be able to cure her.
" But after wards..."
" I know." Klaus touched his forehead to her's. "Sweetheart I know."

Sophia calling.

"I don't want to have to leave you here but I.." she said touching his cheek.

"Go." Klaus let go.

Katherine sighed frustrated turned around tried not to glance down, looked back at him looking at her and left. Klaus went back to staring at his younger brother's body.

Tyler enters then later Caroline. Klaus bit her then left with Tyler.

" You look like you're grumpy again." Katherine walked in hands on her hips.
" What happened? Did somebody drop by to taunt you. You poor hybrid. " Katherine walked up to him wrapping her hands around his head.
" That's enough Katerina."
She laughed. " Should I make you feel better then." She smiled and lightly kissed him before he could stop her. She smiled. "Better." She stepped back to look at him." Klaus what's with your eyes?" He pulled her arms away from around him. "Nothing is wrong with them." Katherine turned his face to look directly at her. "You fed. If you were hungry I could have brought you something." He looked at her hopeful then realized. " You mean those blood packets. What I had was more appetizing."
"I can see that." Katherine tapped her foot irritated.
She asked feeling annoyed. "Who did you bite? Who was it that came here?"
Klaus didn't answer her. She looked away and noticed a green sheet on the floor. Then out of suspicion she licked her lips. " Caroline." She threw her arms down and he let go. " You bit her and drank her blood." Katherine growled her fangs showing. "It's not what you think." Klaus said irritated.

"Then why? Why did you bite her? Was there someone else that showed up here besides her?" Katherine crossed her arms. Pressed her lips.
" She made me mad and Tyler..."
" Of course your unsired hybrid would show up to taunt you." She raised her hand in frustration. " So you bit her to teach him a lesson because he wouldn't be stupid enough to come near you. Oh but miss fearless would right because she certain you wouldn't hurt her and since she's not dumb enough to come too close to you. You probably" picking up wooden object fast " used this on her to " tried to stab him with it. " bring her closer to you to bite her."
Klaus grabbed other end when she tried to ram it into his stomach. Both them holding onto it when she noticed she failed to stab him she tried to let go the object but wasn't fast enough for him to use it against her and yank her towards him. The force of the throw pulled her right into his arms. " I can't believe you tried to stab me Katerina."
She struggled in his grip. " You deserved it. One thing to bite her Klaus but you didn't have to drink her blood." She said angrily at his face.
" I did it naturally seeing how mad I still am."

" You don't need to say anything more. All I needed to know is that you drank her blood." Katherine tried to pull out of his grip. " Let me go."
" No." He stood still staring at her.
"Klaus I said let me go."
" You should know I didn't heal her even after he begged me to."
Katherine got mad hearing him tell her that so she opened her mouth and bit him hard on the hand. He let go his one hand and glared at her. "And I am supposed to be feeling better after you told me that." She spitted out.

Klaus pressed her against the pillar. " I don't intend to heal her."
Katherine scoffed at him. "Believe me." He stroked her cheek. "Don't touch me." He removed his hand. But she wouldn't look at him. So he bended his head and bit her drinking her blood. Katherine gasped and when he lifted his head to smile at her. " There now I drank yours." She reached up grabbing onto him and he waited until she bit him hard again. " Katerina." Klaus growled when he felt her sharp teeth bite in deep. He frowned when he saw her face still glaring at him. The euphoria he almost had wearing off he told her. " It's been a few days I almost forgot the taste of your blood, love. It's delicious."

"I told you not to touch me. Klaus."
"I don't understand what the problem here is."
"I drank your blood, you drank mine."
"I drank yours to heal myself."

Klaus leaned forward and Katherine leaned back against the wall daring him to kiss her or bite her again. So he leaned in placing his hands on both sides of her head and kissed her. At first she let him kiss her. Reminded how good his own blood tasted until she remembered why she didn't want him to touch her.
She bit his lip. Klaus pulled back looking at her touching his lip with his tongue.

Then his finger. " If you wanted to play rough. You only had to ask sweetheart." He wickedly smirked at her.
Katherine huffed. " Your blood tasted better." She smiled then pressed her lips together trying not to look at him and bounced a bit to try to get her breathing under control. He grinned then she turned to face him glaring again.

Klaus sighed and breathed out. " I won't bite her again." He moved his arm off the wall.
Katherine crossed her arms putting one of her foot against the pillar. " Of course you won't because then you might kill her. Oh wait I forgot she's dying so you won't have to." She smirked sarcastically then shook her head.
Klaus opened his mouth. She pushed herself off against the pillar. Walked out of his reach. " You know the thing that gets under my skin isn't the fact you bit her. Or the fact you did it to teach Tyler about taunting you." Katherine started yelling and pulled off her daylight bracelet "It's the fact you're standing there." She threw it at him. "lying to me that you aren't going to heal her." She finished saying throwing her cellphone at him. He stood there catching the objects. "For the last time Katerina I am not going to." He said still frustrated she wasn't listening to him.

Katherine took a step back towards the door.

" So then you're going to let her die all because so you would win against Tyler her boyfriend. But if it wasn't because of him but for her you would heal her."

"Possibly yes." Katherine took another step back.

" What are you doing sweetheart, I'm not up to playing a game with you right now." Katherine laughter was harsh. "Oh I'm not playing a game. I'm proving my point. That you would stand there and lie to me." Her arms crossed Katherine stood staring down at her feet. "See after every time you lie I take a step back." Katherine looked up then glanced at the door "but every time you tell the truth I take a step forward." She looked at him. Klaus looked at himself realizing she meant towards him then he glanced at the bracelet in his hand.

Then he looked up thinking of daylight must be coming. He looked at her.

"Katerina."

"And that you would save your precious feelings from telling me and continue to lie over my own life." She smirked.

" Sweetheart stop playing and come over here and take your bracelet from me before I accidentally crush it for how angry you're making me become even more so." He held her bracelet dangling tightly in his hand.

"Not until I prove my point or you prove yours would I step foot in there." She retorted back.

" Was it Tyler or was it Caroline that pissed you off first?"
Klaus looked away then back. "Tyler." Her arms crossed she took step forward.
" When did you start having feelings for her?"
"My family's reunion." Klaus looked up at her.
Katherine glanced up scoffed. "Liar." Grind her teeth and took a step back.

" How would you know when I had any feelings at all for her."
She shifted her jaw to side. "You're forgetting Kol and one detail I was in your home. Remember you compelled me to stay out of sight."
Klaus muttered looking away then at her.
" Katerina stop this foolish game."
" You said you wouldn't heal her' she flicked her finger back "now was that before' then forward "or after he begged you to heal her."

"He asked and it was before." Katherine stared at him and took a step back.

Klaus stared at her getting closer to the door. A few more steps she would be at the front door.
"Tell me you're playing with me. That this is a joke and you can stop now."
"I told you I'm not playing a game. I'm dead serious Klaus." She bitterly smirked.
" Did you bite her hard enough that she would die within hours?"
"Yes." Katherine sighed and step forward.
" Who decided that she should leave?"
"I told Tyler I wouldn't heal her even when he said he would be my slave and she asked him to take her away from this house."

Katherine tilted her head to the side and took a step forward.

"Katerina. I'm not playing this game with you. You don't really mean to do what you are trying to make me think you're going to do in front of me."

She glared at him. "I once told Elijah "if we cease to believe in love why would we want to live" so don't doubt what I say I will or won't do."

Klaus only believed her half way thinking she stop once she got to the door.
"Did you draw her?"
"Yes."
"Did you give her a drawing?"
"I gave it to her to thank her for her honesty." Katherine took a step back.
" Did you risk your life to save her's?"
" Elena was also there by my mother's creation of a made Hunter."
Katherine quickly took a step back. Klaus was mad. "I told you the truth."
"No. You made an excuse." She glanced to the side then back at him.
" Did you allow yourself to be tricked by Caroline?"
"No, I didn't realize until the last killing plan sweet." Katherine breathed heavy sigh and didn't bother looking at Klaus, took a step back. "You must think I am really naive to believe that."

"Did you keep it unnoticed by others from finding out besides Kol that is."

" I tried to but no." Katherine stepped back and noticed two steps from opening the door. Klaus noticed she wasn't doing this to play a game she was serious.

" Why did you take a step back. I told you honestly."
" You said you tried but I know you better then that. We both know you could of done better to hide it." Katherine leaned forward a bit then back on her heels straightened her stance. " You do know if you open that door I am not kidding when I say I can't move from here. I can't take a single step."

Katherine eyes stared back at him with no fear just fierce stubbornness and anger. " Oh I know. But do you?" Her eyes unblinking asked the next question without hesitating.
" Do you have feelings for her? "

Klaus looked at the door, he closed his eyes, then opened them to stare directly at her face.
" Yes." Katherine took step forward. Klaus held his breathe.
"That's not good enough. I want you to say it. Say the words " I have feelings for her" or I open the door. Say them Niklaus." She enunciated them slowly in spiteful tone.
" I will not say the words." Katherine put her hand on the door knob.
" Wait Katerina." He sighed frustrated. "I have feelings for her." He said them slowly and clearly. Then he glared at her. Just a few more steps she will be closer. One step at a time.

"Is it a crush or are you lusting?"
"Possibly not and no it's not lust." Klaus clenched his fists reminding himself he still had her bracelet. He just needed her to take a few steps closer to him.
"Why her?"
"She's honest and doesn't hide how she feels about me and she says things I can't seem to ignore." Klaus sighed. The bracelet indentations pressed into his skin reminding him why he was doing this.

Katherine reluctantly took step forward. "And it bothers you. The other things she says."
" Yes."
"Like what?"
"Like being human." Katherine subconsciously took a step forward placed her hand on her chest. "And I don't."
" Not in the same way but similar."

Katherine took another step towards him as they talked still not realizing she was. Klaus watched carefully each step she took towards him.

" You drew pictures of her."
"I burned them." Katherine took another step. " I'm supposed to believe that means anything just because you burned them."
"I drew one of you that you took."
" So, it was of me sleeping."
" Which was my drawing not yours to take."
"So you didn't draw it for me."
" No I did not draw it for you."

She stood close enough up to his face. " Who did you draw it for then?" She took another step forgetting when Klaus was able to grab her that she was now in his closed territory. "Me." And he was glad when he took a step back she hadn't noticed until he grabbed her and pulled her forward.
" But you drew one for her."
"Katerina.' he held her arms up gripping them then let go only one of her hands so she would put the daylight bracelet on when she finished clamping it on he grabbed back her arm. She did since he had won the game and took her cellphone back. "Do not ever play a game like that with me when I cannot move around freely." Then he looked at her. " You are my feisty, beautiful, strong' raised his eyebrow with a smirk " and sexy." Then with a frown "but stubborn, arrogantly darling wife." He finished saying with sincere look on his face.

Katherine leaned in saying softly to his ear. " And I hate you Klaus." He frowned pulling his head back to look at her. "Why?"
She turned her face from him hid her face with her hair. " Katerina look at me." She wouldn't he turned her chin to look at him. He saw and felt her tears run down his fingertips. " You're crying." Surprised he let go she try to slip away but because of her last act he had acted quicker being more alert now by her previous actions.

Her eyes said it all "How many countless times are you going to break my Heart" to him and he knew.
He let her wipe the tears but still couldn't make his hand let her go.

"After everything you've done to me I try to forgive you when you told me about Mikael, and when you released me from the compulsions. I was going to let it all go. But you have never hurt me more than the way you have now."

She closed her eyes and when she opened them. "And I hate you Niklaus. I truly hate you and it feels different this time than the last." Her eyes were cold.
He dropped his head. Her eyes are colder then when she hated me for losing her daughter. Still distraught he turned his head away trying to not reveal how hurt he felt. That's when he felt her muscles tightened in her wrists underneath his grip so he turned to her.
Klaus tried to use his soothing voice to calm her. "I know it's a lot to take. You probably haven't even remember all of it yet. I understand you need time for it all to sink in." Klaus stroked her cheek.
"Don't. Don't try to manipulate me by trying to make me believe in your sincerity when you're just using it to distract me."
" You're tired love, and upset. You just need to rest. Go lie down on my bed at home. And tomorrow you will feel better." She pushed his hand aside when he tried to stroke her cheek again. "I said don't. Klaus."
"Sweetheart."
"You're not allowed to call me that anymore."
Her lips thinning in a cruel smile. " In fact if you don't let go of me this instant. The second you let your guard down I'm going to walk out that door and not look back." Katherine waited. Klaus let her arms go.

Katherine took a step forward out of his reach looking to the ground. " When you cure Caroline and you will I hope she breaks your heart." She turned around and walked towards the door. " I thought you said you would be waiting for me at home."

She sped back in front of him. " There is no home. The thought of it was denial thinking there was one for all of us to go back to. I hate you. When I leave I don't want to see your face or hear about you again."
" Katerina."
She kept walking. "I'm not going to hesitate. I'm done waiting every time I walk away from a fight with you. "
"Katerina."
"I'm not stopping Klaus." She still kept walking.

" What about Amelia? What are you going to tell her?"
She stopped and went back to him. "I'm going to tell her we're through. And that her father has fallen.."
" Don't."
"That her father has fallen in.." Klaus interrupted her again saying. " Do not finish that sentence."
" He's fallen for a blonde vampire." Her tone being flat.

Angry that she had finished saying the sentence he growled. "Do not tell me that you don't have feelings for Kol and me, as well."

"Again that was your own fault. I begged you twice to not compel me. So I could stay by your side. Once after the death of my family' she pointed her finger up "and twice when Mikael was in England." She pointed her second finger up. "But you wouldn't listen no matter how much I asked." Katherine frustrated that they were even having this conversation began to pace and throw her hands around while talking. " So I ran into Kol. He was there for me. He taught me what it meant to be a vampire. Him and Pearl. Then I ran into him again."
She half laugh and giggled. " You know what's so ironic Klaus.' She walked up to him into his face. "He knew where my heart lied. And you can't even tell me the truth without being threatened. Kol never touched me except a kiss here and there to spice things up. And when he was blood lusted, well, but you can't blame him for that. Until your interest in one blond vampire did he touch me. But then he felt somewhat guilty. That is until you threatened him not to touch me. And you made him mad." Her voice dropped on the last sentence.
"After that I pleaded to him to make me forget about you staying here in Mystic Falls while we were in Chicago. So I guess I had no right to get mad at you about trying to get it on with blondie in the woods."

Klaus clenched his fists then released them. He bit down on his teeth.
Katherine stepped out of the way.

"Time's up. When I leave I'm going to disappear from your life. This time your not even going to be able to see me and I'll make sure that I do better hiding from you than last time when you actually couldn't find me." Katherine smiled wickedly crossing her arms.

"That's impossible for you to disappear from my sight."
"But it's not. Remember spell you put on Amelia. I am going to figure out how to do it. And I am not going to go to that witch you had to do it, so she can track me. And I'll leave your little minions behind from guessing where I'm at."

Katherine increased her arms and walked away.
" When Kol wakes up were leaving whether he wants to leave with me or not."
"Katerina I know you're miffed, love. You do realize I am stuck here and I can't chase after you when you open that door and leave."

She turned her head to look at him with her hand still on the door knob. " Don't you get it. For the second time in my life I am glad you can't take one step to chase me when I open this door and leave. Don't bother asking Kol or Frances where I'm at because I won't be telling them. You should give into your feelings. I mean to try to forget mine." Without another word she opened the door and left closing it behind her.

Klaus stood leaning against the pillar. He saw Tyler bringing Caroline inside.

Klaus watched Caroline feed on his wrist then he took his cellphone text.

Klaus txt

Katerina. Talk to me.

Katerina txt

I thought I said I didn't want to hear from you.

Klaus txt

You didn't say I couldn't text or call.

Katerina txt

I don't have to follow your worded promises anymore.

Klaus txt

You want the truth. I'll tell you if you answer my call.

Klaus called watching Caroline had fainted or fell asleep from being exhausted. He didn't really care as long she couldn't hear him talking.

"I answered so talk." Katherine waited driving.
"The night we killed Mikael."
"You killed him."
"I killed him. You were standing in front of me as his hostage and you were looking at me as I was overwhelmed by emotion. I screamed at him. The look of shock on your face when you were unaware he stabbed you until you gasped shocked me, he dropped you to the ground laughing I was in shock that you were dead, I walked away still in shock that I didn't notice Damon had lunged at me until he stabbed me with the wooden oak stake."
"What are you trying to say Klaus?"
"Katerina. I was sitting here with Caroline dying in front of me, she nearly died. I fed her my blood. But I am not in shock. I realized I was in shock when I thought you were dead." He tilted his head up. "Katerina I love you so when I get out I want you to be waiting for me at home."
" Klaus I don't know if I can believe you this time."
"You know what happened between us that night. You know I'm not lying to you." He tilted his head up from all the emotion he was remembering.

Katherine shook her head. Her vulnerability showing through. She sat in the car having already turned the ignition off. She sat there thinking should she stay and believe him.

Klaus cleared his throat. "Now I want you to tell me you love me."
"What? I am not going to do that."
" Then I'm not hanging up this phone until you do. You know I can be as intolerant as Kol but more persistent like in the past." Changing his tone to flirtatious one.
"But I can."
" Then I will keep calling until I hear the words I want to hear come out of your mouth." He smiled waiting.
" I can turn off my phone."
"Ah but you won't seeing as you'll want to hear from me if I turned back into a wolf right." Klaus grinned thinking how worried she would become of that.
"You're wasting your battery Klaus."
"I don't care. Or should I since a phone battery lasts for about three days perhaps depending on how long I've been on it using it to talk."

Katherine remembered that he had been using it quite a bit before he was caught. He grinned knowing she'd come to the conclusion of how long he had been using his cellphone.

"Klaus you need it in case something happens."
"Then say the words. Say " I love my husband. I love my dear husband. I love my darling husband" you have those three options to pick from."
" I am not going to say any of those."
"Then I guess will be on for awhile longer."
"Klaus."
"Say one of them Katerina or I won't hang up until I'm satisfied."

She knew telling him again he could be risking his life was no good since he was being stubborn. Frankly Rebekah might kill her for letting him die over something stupid as not having his phone in working condition.
" I love my dear husband. So there now hang up." Quickly said.
"I didn't quite hear that."
"I love my husband." Katherine said clearly and angry.
" I don't think you mean it."
"I said it. So you told me you would hang up if I said the words."
"Yes but I said until I was satisfied."
"Klaus." Katherine hit the steering wheel. "You know technically were still not married. It's just a piece of paper for humans."
" Yes love. But we had a blood drink whereas we shared vampire blood. Therefore that makes you mine."
"You bit me to prove to Stefan your blood would cure a wolf bite by forcing me to drink your blood. I would have died if I hadn't to."
" They're just details love. Little things don't matter."
Katherine tapped her finger nails on the steering wheel. "Fine then. Have it your way." He smiled hearing her give in.
" I love my annoying husband." She smirked in the car.
" That's not right." He pouted.
" I love my irritating husband." Klaus heard her giggle when she laughed. It was soft but there.
"Go on. Your almost there." He smiled hearing it.
" I love my manipulative, arrogant, dashing, stubborn, fierce, drives me crazy, that I hate at times, always getting his way, charming, husband of mine." Placed a hand on side of her head shook waves of her hair smiling.
" You forgot irresistible, love. Since you can't keep your hands off of me when we get into that mood. Not to mention you get your way most times."
" I forgot that he pouts when he's trying to make me feel guilty and have me give in to him." She pursed her lips smiling imagining him pouting.
"Kol does it too." He growled.
" Just like a puppy."
"Katerina you still haven't said what I wanted to hear."
" Fine. I love you Klaus."
"What. I didn't hear it." He lifted his head surprised.
"Yes you did."
"No I didn't. I was distracted hearing my name and the word "love" in the same sentence."
"Klaus." She said softly hearing the confusion in his voice. "I love my darling husband." She said it with sincerity. "I love all the things about you I said and I love that you're kind to me when you are. The fact you're protective even though no one understands but I do because I learned that's how you show it. You're not trying to be cruel when you protect your family. " She sighed trying to breathe.

Klaus listened to her voice. Trying not to cry. He didn't want her to hear it not unless they were alone.

"Klaus I have more to say. I want to say it when we're alone." He swallowed telling her. " I'll be coming home soon." He sighed. "Katerina."
Katherine breathed listening filled with emotion, she closed her eyes, opened them a second later.
"I'll be waiting. Klaus I didn't take the drawing with me."
" Where is it?"
"In your box of letters. I guess I should hide it wouldn't want Stefan or somebody else come across it. But then again Elijah probably think it was Tatia."
"No he would not. You don't quite look like her."
" I know she's stunning."
"Not exactly what I meant. He would know it's a drawing of you."
"Why did you draw it?"
"I wanted to keep a drawing by my bedside when you're not there and when I'm thinking of you." He licked his lips surprised how wonderful it actually felt telling her.

Katherine did not know what to say. He continued.
" But I haven't forgotten that stunt you pulled in front of me even if it was to punish me."
" I wasn't joking. I meant it at the time. If you had lied that last time I would have opened the door Klaus."
"You lie all the time."
"Not to you. Or your family. Maybe I twist the truth or tell you in answer exactly what you ask of me."

Klaus paused for a second before asking.

" Are you frightened of me, love? Your breathing is a bit erratic."
" Not really."
" You were earlier."
"Yes."

" Were you when I turned Francois? "

" Somewhat."

"And Kol? "

"The first time I was surprised. The second time, yes, you wouldn't listen to him before you did that."

"Elijah?"

" You did it to Kol why not Elijah. But I was surprised, scared. Until I Met Mikael and then I understood two reasons why you did it."

"Then what about Stefan?"

" I hid behind a pillar Klaus. But wait you didn't ask about Damon."

" I don't need to I already knew." Katherine sucked in her lip then sighed.

"How did you know?"
"I just do."

" Okay then what are you getting at Klaus? "
" I wanted to know if you thought I was a..."

"..a monster. No Klaus. I'll admit when I ran when I was human I did. But that night between you and Mikael I understood. You started off the way you are because of your parents and I am the way I am partially because of you. I didn't want to become like you."

"You're not like me, love."
"Yes I am. In some ways and I'm fine with that. The lesson I learned the best from your family is word games." Katherine lowered her head and lifted back up.
" Katerina if I lie to you again will you promise me not to run away and listen to me first. Even if you think I lied." Klaus lowered his head and waited for a response.

"Why? Are you going to lie to me again." Katherine gripped the steering wheel.
" No love. I'm just asking you to promise me that if I do again lie that you will hear me out first. I want you to listen to my explanations before drawing to any conclusions of your own." Klaus licked his lips.

" Tell me why." She pursed her lips.

" Because you make me worry you're going to hurt yourself when you jump to the wrong conclusions or make a mess." He lifted his head in frustration.

Hearing the tone in his voice Katherine sighed. " Fine I promise I'll try. But I wouldn't expect so much, it's a habit for me to run away from you."

" I know that it is." Klaus closed his eyes for a second he opened them to say " Thank you love."

" You welcome."

Klaus thought about the things she said to him when he asked and then he heard her say. " Klaus I don't want to do this but you have to hang up. We can continue this after I see you again. "
" Can I call you when you're about to go to sleep?"
" You really shouldn't. We should of stopped talking after hearing what you wanted." She sighed conflicted.
" I want to hold you."
" I want you to do that too."
" Sweetheart." His voice was low with desire.
Katherine could not allow them to be distracted. " Do you want revenge? "
" Of course I certainly do."
"Good. Because I think I sired Caroline. Do you care? "
"Not really. Not if it meant we're going to fight about it."
"She's yours if you want her. That is if I did."
" No love, she's yours." He smiled wickedly.
" God you're hot. I love it when you smirk like that." She breathes.
"How do you know I am." He teased her.
"I just do."

She smiled just thinking of that smirk of his. She breathed out. " I just want to rip off all your clothes and have you take me on your bed with me riding on top." Klaus hearing her breathless voice raised his eyebrow. " You do know that even if you are on top I won't let you be in control."
Katherine giggled hearing that she had piqued his interest and smirked wickedly. " Oh I know. I never have to have control when I'm with you."
" And I expect you never have to with anyone else but with me."
" That's because you make me forget that I should try. You never let me hold the reins when we're doing it unless you want me to. That is of course until my desire overrides yours." Katherine bit her middle finger nail.

" Should we find out." He grinned.

Katherine smiled until she remembered that she still had work to do.

" I'd love to but we have to focus." Feeling disappointed she pouted in her reply to him.

"You were the one that brought it up, not me sweetheart. Wanting to tear off my clothes not for the first time that I'm remembering. So it's not actually my fault that I do it too." He flicked out his hand as a shrug.

She choked up a laugh. " Oh yes you are. You're the one that started it with the tearing of the clothing." Mouth it slowly.

"Did I? I don't quite remember that I was focused on other things."
" I really can't. Klaus I got to check on Kol. Remember your brother. And then there's Caroline still being there."
" How could I forget." He gritted his teeth. Then sighed. "Let me know when he wakes up love."
"I will."
"I'm not going to forget are little seductive talk."
" Neither am I." She giggled. Biting her lip.
"Gotta go honey." She hung up her cellphone smiling.
Klaus hung up his own and smiled too.

Katherine got in the car after fighting with Kol. She drives half way remembering something.
She called Sophia.

" Something wrong Katherine? "
" Kol left the house after waking up but not before getting into a fight with me."
" You lost my brother's body."
" He wouldn't listen."
Sophia pinched her nose. " Fine. Whatever. Forget it. I'll find him." She tells Fitz to pull out a map and crystal then tells him to drive.
" When you find him you should probably leave town."
"Katherine where you headed?"
Katherine rolled her eyes. "Sophie I think you should go home."
"Don't call me that. I left my old life just like you did. You're also forgetting you asked me to leave with you and I did. Then we went are separate ways. Katherine."
" Go home it's where you belong."
" Katherine what happened? "
" Maybe Kol will tell you when you find him. And if not it's your choice if you want to stay and help Klaus."
" Katherine if you ever need a favor from me, call me."
"I know. Goodbye Sophia. It was fun."

End call.

Katherine picked up her cellphone seeing it was Klaus. Thinking What excuse does he have now.

" Sweetheart you need to leave the house now before Caroline gets inside."

"How convenient for you Klaus. No one is inside. Kol woke up and left and now Sophia and her two wolf tag alongs are having a merry chase after him."

" Good then. You can come over for a bit and explain what happened."
" Sure thing. I'd love to have a chat with you. I'll be there in a snap of my fingers." Katherine hangs up her cellphone before he can talk. Speeds off after getting out of her car.
Klaus thinks She sounds a bit annoyed about something. That's not good news.

Katherine walked in hand on her hip.

" Seems she's good and well again to walk about."

Klaus watched her near him. Her smile not nearly as playful as he was used to.
He thought. Ah I was right. She is annoyed with me. What could have occurred between my troublesome brother and her to put the blame on me.

" Tell me what happened? "
Katherine laughed sarcastically throwing her hands up in the air. " What happened I had a lovely chat with your brother." She paced back in forth.
" It was so wonderful that we got into a fight, now what' she tapped her pointer finger on her " was it we got into it again.' she smiled upset clenching her fist she hit into her open palm " oh that's right I remember." She slanted her hip standing turned her body to look at Klaus crossing her arms completely in then pointed her finger at him. " It was of you." She gritted her teeth. " What was that thing again about lying to me." She said tapping her finger against her cheek.

Klaus sighed lowered his head and lifted his eyes at her. " Katerina. I asked you what happened not for you to go on a monologue about why you're upset." He was clearly getting annoyed himself.

Katherine continued on as if not hearing him. " To not run and listen to you. Well here I am lover."

" What happened?"
" Kol woke up and he told me he was tired of me being so naive when it comes to you. I told him he didn't know everything. Then he told me the reason he didn't wake up was because he was watching everything from inside there' she pointed her finger to the house. " He saw everything Klaus from the time we kissed, to us fighting, and my" she choked a laugh looking up " and he wasn't pleased with that." Katherine looked at him again. " To you saving Caroline before you called me."

Klaus thought about everything his brother must of heard and seen. " Katerina."

" I hope you're happy you got what you wanted. Kol won't speak to me. I've suffered. You got a smidge of a chance with Caroline now. You could of just ripped the heart from my chest instead of wasting all your time telling me truths from burning myself alive." She said close enough to his face. She tried to walk away forgetting how close she was.

Klaus grabbed her necklace pulling her to him. Her back against his chest with him holding onto her arms. She tried to struggle from his grip." Stop fighting me. Shhh calm down, love. ' he whispered in her ear softly. " Breath. I understand you're upset about Kol.' He took her arms and folded his own around her stomach. She tried to unfold her arms. He rocked her gently in his hold. "But I never lied. I was still in shock when I thought Mikael." He took a breath. Katherine stopped fighting him to listen. "When I had thought he had taken you out of this world. And you wouldn't wake up again. That night my hatred for you dissipated until you had." He moved his head touching strands of her hair.
Katherine turned her head to look up at him placing a finger on his lip. " Shhh. You don't have to talk.' she moved her hand that he placed on her stomach and moved it on top of his hand. " I'm sorry Nikl' she removed her finger from his lips " I was overwhelmed by the things Kol had said. I forgot about that night." Katherine kissed him. A gentle sweet kiss. She turned her head around. He held her a bit more tighter. " It's alright sweetheart. You kept your promise it's enough for now." Klaus leaned in to kiss back of her neck.

" I'm tired of this Klaus. " She leaned on him.
" It's almost over. " He touched her chin lifting it to kiss her she received his kiss willingly. Klaus lifted his head smiling.
" I'm tired of fighting with you. "
He grinned " So am I. But the getting back together part is always enjoyable."
" So is the hate sex."
" That too. But that was the part I was talking about, love."
" Mmm' she shook her head "they're not the same Klaus."

Klaus walked to sit on the sofa. " Really. "
" Yes. " She sat in his lap knowing he wouldn't mind this time.
"One question sweetheart. Have you seen the Salvatore's? " He raised his eyebrows in question.
"Why? Are you jealous." She tilted her head smiling at him.
He gave a short laugh touched side of his hand to his upper lip. "I am not jealous." He pulled her forward by her side's.
"Really? Or are you just saying that."
He raised his eyebrow in amusement grinning wickedly. " If I was jealous, sweetheart' he let the words roll off his tongue slowly. He then leaned close into her ear "wouldn't they be dead." He said the rest as a warning then leaned back wickedly grinning and placed his arms on top of the sofa. "Or have you forgotten."
She shook her head pursing her lips in a half smirk. "We talked about this Klaus. And you didn't kill Tyler. Does that mean you're not jealous of him. Or is there a secret." He gave a wicked grin. "Maybe."
She frowned. "Don't pout love, I only kill because you are a tease and she is not."
"So if she were one.."
Klaus grabbed her hand from trying to signal a argument between them. "You're the only one that drives me crazy enough to have to kill another Katerina because you are a vixen."
"A vixen? Me."
" I didn't say it. Kol said it."
"Really. He did. Did he."
" You Mikaelson's are all charmers."
"We aim to please a lady." He smiled widely at her stroking her chin.
Katherine laughs pulling away then laid her palm flat over his heart laying her head between the crevice of his neck and one side of his shoulder.

She smiled at him and tilted his head up and she moved her's towards his kissing him on the lips. " I love you Klaus. So never let me forget it." He looked at her with deep emotions in his eyes. "And I love you Katerina. Always and forever." He gently stroked her cheek. Gripped the necklace tightly in his other hand.
Katherine sighed "Always and forever, Nikl." She put her head near his heart on his chest.

They kissed each other again. Entwining both their hands holding them up and touching each others' foreheads. They both closed their eyes not wanting to think of how soon they would have to part again to fulfill their roles.

Klaus held her necklace in his hand even tighter not wanting to have to put it back around her neck. Noticing him tense up she kissed him on the lips.
Then she pressed his hand over his fist taking back her necklace.

Klaus only thoughts were when he watched her slowly put it back on were When she puts it back on she's going to forget everything,again.

(Klaus remembers memories throughout from the previous drabbles listening to Don't You Worry Child song.)

He remembered the dances, the talks, the phone and texting, and what felt like short reunions throughout the era's between them. The fights, the sweet kissess, her laughter, and when she finally forgave him, the night he felt he stopped hating her. And when they made love.
♠ ♠ ♠
Loved this episode of TVD. I don't own Vampire Diaries.
I just love Katherine, and The Originals, also Vampire Diaries of course.

It was fun. But writing for nearly a week of this drabble was not. I started off writing right after Revenge can be sweet. There was so much info had to write. I thought I was going to have a migraine. And then I got whisked away to my sister's house I didn't have my music but I knew which songs. So I just got back last night (because I can't upload any stories unless through the computer.) Except for the new addition last piece of the song that made it feel absolutely perfect for me.

Umm the Song Choices this time are Important to Listen with this drabble. It's like a hidden surprise packed with emotion. Those who already do listen to the songs while reading the drabble are going to be dying over it. So sorry to Koltherine fans. So onto the Invisible Barrier playlist.

Songs inspired this drabble

Just A Dream - Nelly (about Kol)
Someone Like You - Adele (about Kol)
Sweet Nothing - Calvin Harris, Florence Welch
Girl On Fire - Alicia Keys (Katherine)
Say It Now - The Afters
Howl - Florence and The Machine
D.N.A - Little Mix
Whistle - Flo Rida
Hung Up (radio) - Madonna
Parachute (accoustic) - Ingrid Michaelson (Katherine pov)
Feel So Close - Calvin Harris (Klaus pov)

Pov - Start rereading from where Klaus pulls Katherine necklace

Don't You Worry Child (radio edit) feat. John Martin - Sweedish House Mafia
( reread drabbles wrote scenes in Klaus pov)

Hope you sort of enjoy it but not too much, because it was difficult and sad for me to type it.
But I am So thrilled and excited got to see Katherine so yay.

Please leave comments on any of my Klatherine drabbles. I will get back to you. Got any questions, advice, just wanna say something I'd love to hear from Klatherine fans. Or Originals fans.
Let me know what your general opinion of yours when it comes to Klaus and Katherine, love to hear them.
I don't care if you think it's hate,love,manipulation,deception,heartbreak between them just let me know. I'd like to hear what other people think of them generally.

My twitter is @fairysbutterfly or @MissesPierce