Status: Finished

Be Mine?

1/1

I called Matt as I slowly, sadly made my way to this cold, grey bridge. He’s the only person I could think to call after everything my mother screamed.

“You’re nothing but a pathetic little snot. My biggest mistake was keeping you. You’re a little whore flouncing about in those outfits; what do you think other men think of you? Huh? They think you’re easy, stupid. It’s no wonder that boy you hang around has absolutely no interest in you. How could anyone be interested in you?! How could anyone LOVE you for that matter? You’re a disgrace to this family and to me. The best possible thing you could do is jump off that bridge on your way home from school. I’m willing to bet no one would even miss you.”

Just the look on her face was enough to convince me that everything she said, every last word, she meant. It hurt, ya know. My father left when I was young and my mother has always blamed me for everything. Every aspect that went wrong in her life, I was to blame. This time it was just too much.

“I’m so sorry it took so long.” Matty gasps, out of breath, “I ran most of the way. I didn’t really bring anything to help cheer you up. I wasn’t really thinking when you called me. I was just-”

Matt looks up at me and seeing the tears streaking my cheeks he immediately wraps me in a warm embrace. The sobs escape me and I don’t even care if everyone passing by sees this display. The sobs come in huge waves and shakes my whole frame. “She meant every word, Matt. She told me to kill myself. She said no one could ever love me.”

Matt pulls away enough to see my face, “You don’t honestly believe that bullshit do you?”

I simply stare. Eyes flicking back and forth between his green orbs.

Matty cradles my face in his hands and before I realize what is happening, his lips clash with mine. My best friend of forever is kissing me. Right here in the midst of my sobbing and it’s everything I’ve ever wanted and more. To feel accepted and loved; things I never get at home.

“Don’t you EVER believe that. Do you hear me? You mean so much so to people.” He thumbs away the tear tracks on my cheeks, “I have known you all my life, Willow. My entire life I have known that there is nobody else out there that I can be me with. My mom left me and my dad was dead. When all the wealth was no longer behind my name and all of those so called friends left me, you remained constant. To hear you say; to hear you believe such awful things about yourself… I can’t even!”

Matt’s cheeks are turning pink, whether from the winter weather or the confessions that continue to spill out of his mouth, I’m not sure. His breathing is heavier the more he talks the more the cold wraps it’s fingers around his lungs.

“You are the most wonderful, beautiful girl, scratch that, not girl person, I have ever met. When I’m losing my control and the city spins around, you’re the one that knows; you slow it down. You’re everything I’ve ever wanted and the more time I spend with you the more you feel like home. I’m afraid that if I don’t say this now, I’ll surely break. Willow, for as long as I’ve known you I have loved you with everything I have. I made a promise, a silent one mind you, that I’ll look after you. You’re the only person that gets me, that sees me for me.” Matt kisses me again, “Please, don’t forget that. You’re mother is a selfish, conniving women and she’s wrong… I guess… I guess what I’m trying to say is.. Be mine?”

At that moment, I begin to cry. This time from happiness. It kind of just swells up inside and spills over. I nod rapidly as Matty takes me into his arms again and kissing the top of my head. There’s no place in the world I would rather be than that snowy, grey bridge making a spectacle with my best friend.
♠ ♠ ♠
Wish me luck guys. (: