The Necrostone

Chapter 1: The Sky Pirate

The skyport village of Trinc was a very small village of only about 80 or so residents. They lived relatively under the Radar considering the village is in the bustling human country of Bashdagar. The Bashdagarian council barely paid attention to such a small village. More than likely because the greedy bastards barely get any taxes from it. It’s also exactly why the Sky Weasel Pirates docked there. If they’re not on their airship, The Majesty, then they’re at The Eagle Wing Inn. That’s exactly where they are at this late hour.
The Eagle Wing is noisy with the hearty laughter and singing from these pirates. All except one, who sits alone at the bar. He only needs the sound of the men having a good time to make him happy. (Not to mention the bottle of whiskey in his hand) Because they were his men. This man was the esteemed Phent Torrack, Captain of The Sky Weasel’s. He’s about 5’ 11’’, with short black hair, and a short bushy black beard, and has icy blue eyes. He’s wearing a leather trench coat, blue shirt, and standard black pants. Phent is famed for being one of the only successful young sky pirate captains at only 24.
Phent begins to pour himself another shot of whiskey, but a feminine hand blocks the bottles path. Annoyed he looks up to see who dares to stop the beautiful poison. It’s the beautiful bar maiden, Katrina. “Phent, I think you’ve had enough for tonight” Katrina has long brown hair that goes down to her hips, she has emerald green eyes, and flawless pale skin.
“What’d ya mean? I’ve only had…” Phent begins as he starts to count the number on his fingers. ”Seventeen”
“Yes, and I know it’s far from your usual count of ‘all of my whiskey’, but you’re forgetting about tomorrow.” Phent began searching through his intoxicated mind for what she was talking about, until it finally hit him. He sighed at the thought of having to stop drinking.
“Right, I’d better tell the boys to wrap it up soon to,” He sighed as he got up and half walked half stumbled up the stairs next to the bar. Up here he could see the whole tavern. It was your standard one, stools tables, everything made of wood. However this was different in one way. There was a circular fighting ring in the center of it. Crewmen were surrounding it. Inside was a man with a top hat trying to coax people (with no avail) into fighting Baltar, probably Phent’s best hand to hand crewmate. “Oi! Listen up!” His voice echoed getting everybody’s immediate attention. “Right then, I’m calling it a night, don’t forget that we set sail tomorrow! Other than that have a good rest of the night!”
He crew started doing things like cheering or going awwwww, when suddenly someone yelled. “Come on Captain! You know you want to get a go at Balter!!” At that they started cheering and egging him on. Phent laughed and started to over-exaggerate thinking about it.
“Alright! Fine! One fight!” The crew roared with excitement as he walked down the stairs and towards the ring. He took off his coat, shirt and boots, then hopped over the ring’s wall. Both Phent and Baltar got into fighting stances. The man with the top hat got in the center and raised his hand. As soon as his hand dropped he scurried out of the ring and the two competitors began circling the ring getting closer to each other.
“You ready Captain?” Baltar asked as he and Phent got close.
“Yeah, now don’t make me being captain as means to hold ba-“ Phent was cut off as Balter punched him directly in the face. 'Well I guess that won’t be a problem' Phent thought.
Balter was a big man, he was about 6’ 6’’ and his weight was much greater than Phent’s. This was not going to be an easy fight.
He could already feel fresh blood dripping out of his nose. He wiped it off with the back of his hand and went back into fighting position. As soon as he did Balter came in with another blow, but Phent was ready this time. He knocked the blow aside with his left arm and with his right made a full force punch to Balter’s ribcage. Immediately Balter recoiled and the breath was knocked out of him. Phent took advantage and closed in. He started throwing punches at Balter’s sides, constantly pushing him backwards.
Phent went in for the final blow. He got on his hands and pushed them off the ground, launching upwards for a mighty kick. That was the intent anyway. To Phent’s surprise Balter grabbed his legs just before they hit his chin. He flung Phent in the air. He desperately tried to gain balance in the air because he knew what was coming. The Spine Breaker. When he realized it would not work, he instead braced himself for it.
As he hit the ground he felt all of Balter’s weight, put into his elbow, come down on his spine. He was completely breathless. Pain seared his lungs as he tried to breathe. Damn it. Phent thought. I am the captain. I won’t lose to one of my own crewmates! With that he took a huge breath, and did a whirlwind kick to trip Balter.
Both of them got up and faced each other. Balter ran at Phent and immediately got a fist to the jaw. Dazed he recoiled back, Phent did a roundhouse kick and hit the side of Balter’s head, and he fell to the ground, unconscious.
The crew roared at the victory of their captain. They lifted him onto their shoulders. “Free drink for the captain!” Phent started roaring with laughter as he grabbed the tankard of ale.
“Hey! What’s one more drink!?” Phent said. He threw back the tankard and began chugging. Katrina sighed in disapproval.
______________________________________________________
Phent stumbled out of the bar and started making his way in the direction he thought was to his ship. As he was walking he finally made a wrong step, and he fell over. However, someone caught him. "Hey!" Phent complained. "whash tha big idea? Whash wif all the touchin?"
"Uh..." The old man who caught him stuttered. The man was old, but still looked very capable and strong. He had a full head of short gray hair, he was clean shaven, and has misty green eyes. "well you fell. You almost hit your head."
"Really? I don' remeber that."
"Say you seem like one of those pirates. Are you trying to get to your ship?"
"Yes! I wash on my way ther now." The old man laughed
"Well, you should be aware that that the skyport is in the other direction." he laughed.
"Really?" He turns around towards his ship and stares. "No, you ish mistaken, You shee I only have one ship, not three."
At this the old man loses it. He's laughing so hard you could swear he almost pissed himself. "What de hell ish sho funny?"
He finally gets a hold of himself and says, "Come on I'll help you, uh, 'find' your ship.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
A screeching noise made Phent shoot up in his bed. He immediately regretted that decision. His head felt like it was splitting open. He rubbed his temples and slammed the top of the clock to stop the annoying alarm. After a lot of internally swearing and complaining he finally realized that he was in his room. "How the hell did I get here?"
There was a knock on his door. "Cap'n!"
"Ehhhh" Phent responded.
"Cap'n We're ready to sail! Phent?"
"Yeah, yeah! I'm coming!" He got up to find that he was still in his clothes from yesterday. 'Good enough' He thought. Phent opened the door to his cabin. Dusty was outside. Dusty was a short, funny looking man. He dressed like a stereotypical pirate. Striped raggy clothes, bandana. Only thing he was missing was an eye patch and a parrot. But most importantly Dusty was Phent’s first mate, and his best friend.
“You got wasted again.”
“Ahhhh shut up” He thought about it for a minute. “Wait, how did you know that?”
“Some old geezer brought you here last night. You could barely stand.” Dusty explained. It all started coming back to him as Dusty said it. Phent sighed as he and Dusty walked down the small wooden hallway and opened the door to the deck of the ship.
“Are we ready to sail?”
“Yes”
“Everyone present?”
“Check”
“Are they all sober enough?”
“Yes”
“Right,” Phent walked up the stairs next to the door where the steering wheel was. “Release the sails!” He yelled. The Swabbies immediately ran to the ropes and untied them. When each let go of their rope, the sails floated down. “ENGINES!” At that there was a roaring as the Mana engines roared to life. A console rose up from the ground next to the wheel. “Anchor!” The 4 crew members began pulling a winch which slowly dragged up the giant steel 3 pronged anchor. Phent began pushing numerous buttons and flipping switches. “Prepare for lift off!” He pushed a large green button. The ship began to groan as it was lifted from the ground by thrusters at the bottom.
Phent looked around at his crew. Who were all working hard to keep the ship running. “Heh, let’s hunt us a ship.”
♠ ♠ ♠
Hope you liked the first chapter. I suck at beginnings :/ but it will get better I promise